just been invited to the pub and declined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am proud of myself this is why im posting this: i have just declined an invatation to the pub, being on this site is so helpful, and thanks to everyone who has supported me
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Good for you LPC, every little victory is to be celebrated and makes our resolve stronger. Oh and hello and welcome, sorry forgetting my manners.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Great job Cat! I have had to decline invitations to the bar in the past too. Even though i am almost 10 months sober i will still decline when i have even a doubt about going. I have never regretted my decisions. I would rather spend a sober evening at home than take any risks. Frankly the smell of alcohol disgusts me now and i really dont enjoy being around drinkers. All i can think about is the fact that they are going to get in their car and drive and thats just plain dangerous.

Keep up the great work! You will go thru many challenges and each one will make you stronger. I was a shell of a person just trying to make it day to day while drinking. Today i am a much stronger person learning to live again and no matter what happens this is a way better to live.
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

:goodjob: LPC

Wise words, Red. I have to say I'm exactly the same.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Katb and red67, thanks for ur support, its just early days for me its my first day sober, so i definetly had to decline
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

lpc,

Good job Imo you are as well staying away from bars/pubs and most social occasions where alcohol is an important part of the proceedings,especially so early in your battle,Taking it one step at time and dealing with the problems as they arise will help you no end and keep posting your thoughts here as we are all in the same boat and welcome to mwo great community and one which helps me no end.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

:goodjob: It's such a wise decision in the early days. Good for you.
                Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                November 2, 2012

Comment

Good idea cat! When I start thinking about hanging out with pals at the pub I just think about the consequences and it is a no-brainer. Maybe one hour could be described as fun, after that it's just drunken stupid crap.

I admit I have been isolating a bit, but I have an amended plan in place to remedy this. Quitting smoking and drinking at once have contributed to weight gain so the new plan starts tomorrow.

Looking back I can see that a lot of things I did were tied to drinking. A LOT. So it's a relearning process.

I wish you the best-you are doing great. Pub schmub-we don't need no stinkin' pub!

Comment

yep.. im in agreement too. well done, great choice... and when all said and done it is all about choices. do we or dont we put ourselves in difficult situations. hell, i find it hard enough in my own head without trotting off to the pub with all its temptations
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Ann221- good luck with your diet, ive recently just lost a little bit of weight, and it makes you feel good about ur self
                      Spuddle duck: i agree with u my head is crammed enough without going to a pub full of drunken people
                      Everybody else: thanks 4 ur support
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Good for you LPC. You've got to do whatever it takes. Saying 'no' is not rude. And you know what? Bugger anyone who thinks it is rude. They're not the ones who have to live with the fallout.

You may even find that a lot of your friendship groups change as you go on. I mean, what will you have in common with the booze heads any more.

You've made the right decision love.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey Bridget good point! The drinker is the one who has to live with the fallout.
                          That's why when people have said to me things like "What? Why are you not drinking? I didn't think it was that bad" I have said YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I'm pretty calm and peaceful now but there was a time when I wanted to say lots of things like
                          ---You weren't there when I blew out a tire drunk as hell and driving
                          ---You weren't there when I woke up in a hotel with a stranger
                          ---You weren't there when I missed a flight (business travel) drunk in an airport bar

And on and on and on ad nauseum. None knows what your life is really like. Mine anyway.
                          I'm just grateful to have finally wised up!

Comment

Great, Cat!!! You are so early in the game that this is the best plan for you. As you go along you'll have to plan fun things to do so you don't get lonely and blue because you're left out of the fun...so start thinking of fun things now - get ready for your new, sober future!!! Day 7 done for me!! And, yes, I'm proud!!
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Byebyebridgetjones: Thanks for the advice
                              Ann221: I totally know what you mean, theres been many times i have stayed at strangers houses, due to drunken binges.
                              MWOLady: well done on ur 7 days, hopefully 8 now
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X