Never thought i'd see day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so close to a week that I can't wait until tomorrow to pat myself on the back. Figured i'd do it today! I even made it to they gym yesterday. Everything I have that can be crossed is crossed that I make it though today.

Hi anonymousllama's i can remember when i was feeling just the same as you , i never thought i could go seven days with out getting drunk, i hadn't stayed sober for seven days for longer than i could remember.
    So stick with it, soon you will be saying i can't believe i am coming up to 30 days , just don't ever let your self think for one min that you can control your drinking again .
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

well done anonymous (easier to abbreviate) lol, congrats on ur 7 days, u r doing FAB
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Good on you, anonymousllama!! Keep doing this day by day and you will find those days piling up.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 6! Terrific! You are rolling now. A week, then a month. Look forward to seeing you post about those milestones. One day at a time.

I was reading about the "dry drunk" stuff last night. I never did really buy into that concept.
          At any rate being sober is better than being drunk any day.

Comment

Terrific news, Llama!
            What everyone else said... keep at it, one day at a time
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello!
              We have never "met", but super congrats.

Great job...
              Enough!
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Well done anonymousllama!

I just made it through day 7---this is no easy feat. I admit the following--insomnia last 4 nights, some irritability during day at work, mood swings. But last night I was so pooped I slept for 12 hrs 7 to 7. My dau (a born worrywart like her dad) said she was "so worried." Yet I just told her I just needed to get some energy back, and I feel really good this am. So nice not to be breathing off those alcohol metabolism fumes!
                I've decided that, since AL stimulated my reward center so well, that I should reward myself for each week of abstinence: I spend $30 a week at least on kahlua and vodka, so I took 3o bucks out of my purse and stashed it for vacation or whatever. Since I only made 1 cent in savings interest this yr, I just stuffed it away in my fireproof safe. Here's to week 2, one day at a time, one hour at a time after 7pm. Keep up the good fight!:h

Comment

[QUOTE=DoDoHead;1242149]I just made it through day 7---this is no easy feat. I admit the following--insomnia last 4 nights, some irritability during day at work, mood swings. But last night I was so pooped I slept for 12 hrs 7 to 7. My dau (a born worrywart like her dad) said she was "so worried." Yet I just told her I just needed to get some energy back, and I feel really good this am. So nice not to be breathing off those alcohol metabolism fumes!
                  I've decided that, since AL stimulated my reward center so well, that I should reward myself for each week of abstinence: I spend $30 a week at least on kahlua and vodka, so I took 3o bucks out of my purse and stashed it for vacation or whatever. Since I only made 1 cent in savings interest this yr, I just stuffed it away in my fireproof safe. Here's to week 2, one day at a time, one hour at a time after 7pm. Keep up the good fight!:h

Comment

Well done on your six days! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to read your day 30 post!
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

A hugh well done to the pair of you,

I can remember one hour being an effort so to do what you
                      are doing is a hugh step in the right direction.

love Flossie xx
                      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Way to go anonymousllama!:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                        X