Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Troopers and Troopettes.

Firstly many congratulations to Marioman for his 3 years. Amazing achievement xxx

And to Recciebear for his new adventures into sobriety. Like Tabbers said, dont worry too much about eating lots in the early days. Your body will be craving nutrition for all different sources. Feet it.

My week has been so busy and exhausting as well as very trying. I had a real confidence crisis on Wednesday where I even burst into tears in the office. I hate to even admit that, but there we are. It happens, we all reach a threshhold somewhere. I have taken on a difficult job but now I am feeling a bit restored and able to rise to the challenge. I need to grow a thicker skin I think

Anyway, its Saturday and time to chill.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Starty and all to come

Awwwwww Starts :l:l:l I'm sorry you had a bad week.

Looks like a beautiful day here. I'm busy watering the garden and will be on pool duty after that.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Morning Army,
      Tippers: hope the weatger stays nice for you, probs will in South Africa though, lol send a bit of sunshine this way.
      Hi StartingOver: hope things at work ease up a bit
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Starty, Tips and everyone else to come
        Oh Starts:l Try to relax and do something special for you today. I've cried at work before too hon. Don't let it get to you too much. Are your co-workers (at least some of them) understanding people?
        Morning Pinky xpost

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Morning all. 4 hours teaching to do then a family lunch at a posh place where I'll be offered wine again and made to feel like a social freak when i tell them for the zillionth time i don't drink...hope everyone is ok
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Morning Expat, and pingu,
            Pingu, i know what u mean about looking like a social leper, but its the rest of society that are poisoning themselves, lol, they just dont realise our sobriety may seem weired to them, but their drinkings weired to us, lol, hope you enjoy ur meal
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Pinky, Expattie & PinguPants

Beaming some rays your way, Pinky. My chrome dome will be grateful.

Are you having croissants for brekkie, Expat? I'm craving one...

I hate the pestering as well, Pingu. Luckily it's very rare these days. Good luck! I hope the food will be fantastic.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Starty, Mr T, Expat, Pingu & Pinky

Starty sorry to hear you've had a bad week :l

Pingu don't forget the cigars

Not sure why I've got up so early might go back to bed
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Good morning Starty,Pink cat,Pingu an bonjour Expat.
                  Starty, I also burst into tears also this week at a most inappropriate place and time. Horrible isn't it?

Tips when you send warm rays to Pinky send some here. Tho it looks like a crisp clear day here.

Enjoy your meal Pingu They will soon get used to your no alcohol stance.

Croissants would be good Expat.

No race for Mrs A today as I am now in training for London. So off to run 12 miles along the Wirral way Hooton to West Kirby.

Greeting to all to come.

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Panno x post. How are things??? Will be going out in 15 mins--

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

I think that should be enough for everyone.
                      Off to walk pug dog. Hope everyone has a relaxing and positive Saturday!
                      Back laters x

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Morning Mrs A

Grandaughter definitely on the mend she's bored :H everything else I need to work on !!

I forgot you were doing the London marathon good luck with the training.. Not that you need it
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

expat3;1244342 wrote:
                          I think that should be enough for everyone.
                          Off to walk pug dog. Hope everyone has a relaxing and positive Saturday!
                          Back laters x
                          Wow thanks Expat they look gorgeous, don't mind if I do

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Morning folks, feels good to wake up and realise the only thing I threw down my neck last night was a big bar of almond choccy. I took a moment immediatley on waking to reflect how it would have felt at that exact moment had I have caved in and drank last night.

Crying? Well now I was thinking there is nothing wrong with a good cry, it's better than bottling up our feelings, as I am sure is lot have been prone to do in the past. It's a normal human emotion and nothing to feel bad about. Ok sometimes it may feel a little embarrassing or inappropriate but it's better than holding it all in and then at some point in the future looking to AL for an escape from our sad feelings.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 14th January

Ta Expat
                              Ta for news Panno.
                              Well done KTAB Off for my run in -4 degrees

Comment

Working...
                              X