Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I am

:new:
    Hello Day 1.. Day not over yet, but this is day One for me... not using. Evening time is going to be hardest.. feel edgy all ready thinking about it.. Its day one..

Here I am

Have you read the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html ? If not, then I would heavily recommend reading it. Set up a plan and stick to it. Stay here tonight and post as needed. If you need to chat with someone, post that your in a chatroom and someone usually will come in. Get a support group going both online and offline going now. You can make it through day 1 and many days.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Here I am

Hey you :welcome::welcome:

Yes, stop in when you are at your real danger time and read as many posts as you can until your eyes start to fall out :H:H:H then read some more!!!!!

There are many many people here who were in your shoes who can support you, and even share with you what they did to get straight or sober, or both.

Just stay connected...that's the secret.
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Here I am

Welcome, Clfog!

The toolbox is a great start, so is posting in the Newbie's Nest. You'll find lots of support and people at the beginning of their journey.

Chin up, the first couple of days are the toughest... it gets easier after that. You can do it
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Here I am

Hi Clfog...
          Day one is a great start... My day one was just like you mentioned... But I did get thru it and today is 17. Just do it little by little. Dont think of tonight. Think of this minute. This hour. Stay close to board and post often... Shiner

Comment

Here I am

Thanks everyone for your messages... Couldn't stay online. Will check out toolbox and listen to some sound advice. Today is day 2. I think its going going good... I put on some make up today and did my hair. Maybe I could be someone my kids can be proud of.. Going to keep that thought real close. Thanks again.

Comment

Here I am

Welcome Clfog!

You are making a good decision for yourself and your kids! Congratulations on making it to day 2. The first few days are the hardest, but NOT impossible, remember that. When cravings hit hard, think of WHY you are doing this. Remember the hangovers and bad feelings that alcohol brought into your life. I know that for me, NO good ever came from drinking. All it brought me was pain, misery, embarrassment, anxiety, shame, regret and physical pain. Imagine, all that in liquid form.

Remember, a craving will never last as long as a hangover.

And not only will your kids be proud of you...but YOU will be proud of you!

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X