WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Good morning wonderful group! I'm back! Feeling great after good sleep and contemplation.
    Getting back my enthusiasm and optimism. Singing this morning.
    It's been a week now, so if you consider the 2 days to be able to physically function, and 5 more to get my head back straight-GOOD LORD-a fuzzy week for what ?
    Nothing!

My thoughts are my prayers and I'm filled with gratitude on this beautiful sunny morning. I got into a bit of self-pity there for a minute. I can do this! I AM doing it!

So thank you everyone for your support. And Supercrew-I know what you mean about perception-everything does not have to be wrapped up in alcohol consumption.
    Renewed commitment to the undeniable fact that drunkenness is STUPID.

I'm back!

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Hi Ann so glad to hear you are feeling so positive and so much better today. The past is past you had a slip and i had many so its good you learned from it and are doing so well again. I follow a lot of the post here but don't always get around to replying. Well done girl keep on doin what your doin you are such an inspiration to many here. I'm not doing as well but never give up trying. I'm thinking of going back to AA meetings for more support. :l

Comment

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Why do we do it? I have asked myself a thousand times. SOBER feels so good...I have never woken sober and wished I were dead I was so depressed or embarrassed. You go girl!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Hi, Ann.
        So happy to read this! You're handling everything really well. Keep going, and remember we're all here for you!
        :lTDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Great job Ann, I am glad you see it. I just started coaching a new youth baseball team today, and one of my new coaches knows me from the past. He called me tonight to tell me him and a bunch of guys are going down to the local tavern this weekend to "have beers". I know most of the guys pretty well, but I guess this guy, even though I haven't seen him out real recently doesn't know that I don't drink anymore. This is the first time in the last year that I have been approached to "have beers". In the old days this would have got me thinking, "what's one or two beers gonna hurt". I told him it sounds cool and I might show up, (the place serves killer appetizers too), but I knew as soon as he said it that I might go, but I won't be drinking. Because I don't drink anymore. And guess what, he won't even notice.

I just don't even make that big of a deal of it anymore, I show up where I want, I drink my ice tea, I enjoy the company, I leave when I get tired of BSing, then I go home $150 richer and feel great the next day. There was no real thought process to the decision. And I might not even go if I'm tired or if I'm busy. Previously I would have marked the time and date on the calendar, my mouth would have been salivating, and I wouldn't have been able to wait to go sit in a bar with a bunch of drunk old jocks so I could get loaded.

It's weird how much we can change our own perception in a pretty short amount of time if we take daily action to make it happen.

Thanks again for the update, I'm glad things are going better!!

Comment

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

Thanks Ann for the "daily" call. Good day for me too except I got up really late. I'm not sleeping well again!! Even the 5HTP is not working as well as it did at first. Oh, well. But I'm off grocery shopping and that always cheers me up - anything to get out of the house!! Have a great day everyone - oh, by the way today is day 25 for me!! Can't wait to get to 30!!! whooooooo!!!!
            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
            X