Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Evening Greeting

Hey All-
    Beautiful Saturday here. Just in from the store, bf out of town. This in the past would have been time to smoke and drink and act like a lunatic. SOOO glad I'm not doing that. I was watching (very briefly) people in the huge beer section picking out various beers and thinking
    WELL that guy probably likes beer and he'll go home and have a Blue Moon or two and call it a night. Of course before I quit I was long past buying a 6 pk. I knew I'd drive to get more so I just got more in the first place. I think this is common with drunks.

I was just reading through some of the posts on the "you know you're an alcoholic when" thread. I have a friend who has a partner who drinks a LOT and she barely drinks at all. Back in the fall the drinking partner came home about 7:30 p.m. wearing only a Tshirt. No shorts, no underwear. (It was hot then) Naked from the waist down. My friend heard someone coming in and went to the front porch to see her nearly crawling up the steps to the porch. Very nice family type neighborhood. She had no idea how she got home or where her pants and underwear were. My thought was WOW-then I thought gee when I was drunk and took off my pants I somehow got them back on. Sad really. This woman is really in trouble, but she'll have to figure it out. Their teenage daughter calls her a drunk.

On a happier note-my daughter is on the USS Abraham Lincoln, at sea, last port was Thailand. Her recent facebook picture is her being lifted by an elephant. Very cool.

Thanks for being here guys

Hi Ann. I'm home on Saturday night. Just had a mini-fignt with my idiot husband over something so trivial it's not even worth mentioning. But I'm nicely sober. In fact I didn't even think about having a drink tonight. We ate at the kitchen table which we have not done in a long time - NO movie - both going to read, then early to bed. Boy, I sure feel sorry for that woman sans pants! It is so humiliating to wake up in the morning and to feel that things have gone horribly wrong while you were drunk the night before - you have the shame, and then you don't remember too.. poor woman. I'm glad I'm not like that anymore.

Anyhooooo good night to you, my Dear, have a good sleep and a great weekend.

You know, Ann, it's kind of nice to be able to have a silly argument with DH without it degenerating into something really personal and me getting red-faced and teary - which it would have if I'd been drinking!! Oh it feels so good to just say "whatever" and leave it at that. This way we were able to just let it go....and keep it at the silly level - what a blessing!
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Good for you Ann and thank your daughter for her service to out country. I does matter. This belongs on the "you know you are an Alkie post but a bud of mine came home ripped after happy a few years ago to find his home filled with his wife's friends, went to the bathroom, forgot to pull them up and did the 2-step for all there... they were so embarrassed they moved to Texas...true, God strike me dead if I'm lying

Be Well, B_45

Comment

Working...
      X