I am soooooo pleased!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am soooooo pleased!

Well Day 3 and hubby and I have just been out for a pizza at my favourite restaurant, had just 2 small glasses of wine, came home hubby asked if i wanted him to go and buy me wine - thought about it having had a couple already and said NO - said I'd have a night cap of JD and coke - no coke so haven't bothered :O)

So pleased with myself normally I would have got him to stop off and buy me wine knowing there was nothing in the fridge, but not tonight..... so very pleased and from Sunday to Tuesday I've decreased my calorie intake by 1500-1750 cals... result

I am soooooo pleased!

GL, you'll find your way. It's terribly hard to mod, but don't be tempted to drink in each situation, and never drink alone, and it will be better. You alone can decide what the right path is for you. Abstainence may yet be your answer, but only you know. But for today, well done.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

sounds great grange... i can't moderate at all.. wish i could. it always started slow for me than ramped up to disgusting amounts of AL...

good job..
      caper
      caper
      AF since Sept 2013...
      :alf:

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

Sounds good Grange but I'm just curious about your "norm" and why there seems to be encouragement to drink?? Just wondering,please don't be offended.
        I just know that I could not handle being around alcohol or people who offer to go buy it.
        Do you intend to moderate drinking? Or quit?
        My own experience is that 2 drinks might do for a while, days or even a few weeks but drunkenness will prevail eventually.
        Calories might be the least of the good part of not drinking. But then-I quit drinking and smoking and now I'm a bit of a fat ass, so I can't say.

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

It's interesting how everyone is commenting NOT on how well Grange did but on the audacity of her successful moderation. I am keeping the negative word "audacity" in because I, too doubt the long term possibilities of moderation... so I am guilty too of assuming it can't work. But what if she can do it? Good for her. Maybe she is capable of moderating. Many of us live every day with bottles and bottles of our favourite alcoholic beverage in our midst. Many of our husbands and wives are either unaware or uncaring of our drinking problem. They are kind enough or enabling enough to offer to go out in the night and purchase our beverage of choice. This is reality for many of us. I hope you can continue with your good choices, Grange. Living consciously and in the moment helps. All the best.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

Good for you for saying no. Stick to your goals, day by day and keep in touch with how you feel? I suspect I can't moderate so today I am AF. You could say i tried moderation for 28 years and wasnt very good at it. It sounds like today we all achieved our goals.

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

Good job GL!! It takes a lot of strength to moderate....unfortunately I was not very good at it in the long term but I do wish you great success. I am no expert but before I went AF (just 2 weeks ago) I spent several weeks cutting down or moderating....I found measuring my drinks and watching the clock very helpful for me.... I had set out a plan of gradually decreasing my daily intake, and then would make each drink last at least one hour....from first to last sip... did this for several weeks and was down to one glass of wine a night....I really believe people can do this.... but I don't think I can now and probably not ever! I have kept alcohol in my house, and I live alone.... so I could have a drink at any time...but part of the process for me is learning to say No (just like you did) and being comfortable in the presence of alcohol and those who choose to drink.... hmmm.... did not mean to be so chatty this morning... just know I am wishing you great success. You can do this!!
              :heartsnflowers:

Goal 1: 7 days AF Done!
              Goal 2: 14 days AF Done!
              Goal 3: 21 days AF
              Goal 4: 28 days AF

Comment

I am soooooo pleased!

Hello All

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Yes my intention is moderating or at least more days AF then drinking. I had been drinking every night until last Sunday, when I decided enough was enough only I could do something about my levels of drinking.

I was constantly seeking something that would stop me drinking excessively, when all along I knew the changes had to come from within rather than out of a bottle.

So last Sunday I decided not to drink for at least 3 nights per week and then only drink if I really really wanted to on the other nights, so far so good, Sunday-Tues no alcohol whatsoever, then out for a meal and made a conscious decision to have some wine 2 glasses and tonight back to AF even though there's half a bottle of white wine in the fridge!

I'm going to buy Kudzu root and L-Glut has people have sais they keep cravings under control - I don't have cravingd at the moment but would like to have something on standby just in case.

Question - does anyone know where I can buy Kudzu of the same quality as on this website - just added to basket and the price went from $25 to $69 due to taxes for dispatch to the UK!!!

I've seen I can buy Kudzu here in the UK but not sure of it's potency/quality

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                X