Man it felt good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man it felt good

To wake up hangover free, heartburn free, and AF this am. Not so sure what was special about today, but the second my feet hit the floor, I just thought to myself, this is the way humans were meant to feel when they wake from their slumber.

Lets all keep kicking this beast in the rear! Wishing all the peeps continued strength and success.........and very thankful for this outlet we have at our disposal. :thanks:
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Man it felt good

thanks Nelz....I needed to hear this, especially since I have not been feeling the freatest.
    Hope you have a lovely Valentine with your sweetie!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Man it felt good

I agree Nelz - I felt the same when I woke up this morning! It must be something in the air today!! I went out on the step when the dogs went out, taking my cup of tea and just felt SO good!! It is awesome to wake up feeling like this everyday!

Sun X
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Man it felt good

I too woke up feeling great with no regrets, remorse and guilt about the night before!! Feels fabulous to wake up and look forward to the day...but it's just a little too cold for tea on the back steps here !!
        (-30C).
        Thanks for the post Nelz... made me think about the reasons why I feel so good and reasons for continuing to be AF
        Have a wonderful day!!
        :heartsnflowers:

Goal 1: 7 days AF Done!
        Goal 2: 14 days AF Done!
        Goal 3: 21 days AF
        Goal 4: 28 days AF

Comment

Man it felt good

Betterlife MINUS 30 Celcius???? My goodness - where are you????? I mean, I thought it was chilly out but that is just crazy - it was 34 F when I was out there. That is 1 degree C !!! Gosh - chilly is an understatement for you - LOL !
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Man it felt good

Yep today is a good day for me too. I felt like crap yesterday and i was just thinking what a difference a day makes. It is amazing to think that i am just a week away from being 11 months AL free. For some reason i just feel great today, better than usual.

Thanks Nelz for reminding us to be grateful for a good nights sleep and a refreshing morning.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!!!!!
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Man it felt good

It does feel good waking up in the mornings and not wanting to get out of bed because you know that the hangover will set in and you wonder why you drank so much the night before. Glad to be done with those days. It feels great waking up without a hangover and its a great feeling going to bed sober.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Man it felt good

It is a great feeling waking up hangover free, isn't it!! What's not so great is waking up with fleas crawling all over you...yuck. I'm in an all-out war with those little bastards right now. Ah well, all part of the joys of having K9's.

Did anyone else notice that when they were hungover, they couldn't go back to sleep after waking up...even though they felt sick and tired? I sure DON'T miss those days. I guess part of it, for me, was being so anxiety-ridden that I coudn't sleep. Now I think I could sleep half the day if given the chance.

Happy Flea-Ridden Friday!! lol

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Man it felt good

:H:H:H
                  I had to read that like 3x... hangover FREE, and heartburn FREE and Alcohol FREE! I get it now! :H

Oh.. and.... agreed!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Man it felt good

Nelz,

Thanks for posting this - I think so many of us feel the same way but it's great to see it in writing.

I woke up not feeling great - headache and sore throat but you know what? I'll take a normal sick day anytime over a hangover sick day!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Man it felt good

My first thought this morning was that I love waking up early on a Saturdday morning with the whole weekend still ahead of me. Hours and hours and hours that are mine to do with what I want. The fabulous thing this morning was that I got to start my weekend in that happy state of mind instead of with regret for drinking the night before, followed by hours of coming up with a new strategy for getting sober.

Weekends have really been my Achilles heel. I was drinking every night for years and years, but on weekends I'd start about noon. No chance of that today. I've got my head on straight finally. I'm 100% sure I'll be waking up happy and hangover free tomorrow. I feel like I won the lottery! I'm only on day 6 AF, but already the decades of drinking I did to this point feel like part of my history. That was the old me.
                      ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                      -----------------------------------
                      Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                      X