Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th February

Good morning army

Minus 7C outside and very icy on the roads. Been out for my usual walk and nearly ended up on my backside several times. Be careful panno! Might risk a slow drive to the supermarket in a couple of hours. Got to make a healthy shopping list first though.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. Will you be working today, molly? How was your aftercare meeting?

Well done on surviving your evening out Jackie. Good old whizzy for coming to the rescue! :goodjob:

Good morning Reccie and all to come

Guess what??? It's raining here. It's fantastic. This is our driest time of year, so its most welcome. And there's no pool duty for me today Mrs. T has taken care of that, though. We're continuing our cleanup of the little flatlet attached to the house. It's about the size of a single garage, but with a sleeping area upstairs. It has been a dumping ground for all sorts of shite. The idea is to turn it into a den for the cubs so that we can banish them from the house. It also faces the student house, so I'll be encouraging them to make as much noise as they desire. The owners of the house are being criminally prosecuted, by the way - they had a court appearance earlier this week and another on the 22nd. I loved the fact that it was in the newspaper too, the feckers.

Have a lovely Saturday, folksies!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning tips

Summer rain can be wonderful. We hardly had any last year and the garden was absolutely parched.

Banishing the kids to a den sounds like the kind of plan I would dream up tips, so good thinking! :H

Are the owners of the student house being prosecuted in relation to that particular house? It must be really satisfying for you, regardless. Anyway, enjoy your cleanup. I'm off to the supermarket in what are now -8C temperatures. :upset: God knows what poor old expatty is having to put up with in Paris this morning!

Comment

Hi Recciebear and Tiggeroo.
        A chilly frosty snowy one here too.
        I am so glad your neighbours are being prosecuted. Its horrible not to be able to relax in your own home due to selfish feckers.
        I am going to join a holistic group that I found on the internet today. I have no idea what its going to be like but I am hoping to meet some positive and spiritual minded people.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good luck with the shopping expedition, Wrecks.

You'd love an area here in Cape Town, Starts. It's called Observatory, but is generally referred to as the "Lentil Belt" - there's a regular Holistic Fair where the food is all vegetarian. The area where lots of Afrikaners live is called the Boerewors Belt for our love of braais :H

I am getting huge satisfaction, Reccie. They knew it was illegal to have a student house in the area before they bought. The regulations were passed specifically to protect the character of residential areas in a university town. Call it generational apartheid if you will :H. I saw the email correspondence between them and the estate agent. Don't ask how I got hold of the info .
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post, oh hilarious one
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Zenners.
              Not too sure, but I think its a group of people who seem to be interested in different therapies and spiritual stuff like meditation etc. They may well be a bunch of weirdos in which case I shall not go back But I am hoping that I enjoy it.
              I think I would be in the minority over there Tiggs
              Right, a dogging we shall go. Laters lovelies

Comment

Zenstyle;1260369 wrote: Enjoy your spot of dogging Starty... and if the holistic group are weird can you please take photos. Thank you.
                :H:H:H
                Oh yes

Comment

Zennie: do you think Starty would be able to see weird people for what they are? We all know what she's like, right?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning folks, a balmy +6 here, hasn't stopped pouring rain for about ten hours though.
                    Starty be very careful, just look around you here to see what happened the last time you met up with a bunch of weirdos from a web site :H
                    Tips glad you are finally getting your noise and nuisance problem solved, pity it took legal action. Now re the emails, rumour has it that maybe you are a member of the anonymous group that are hacking and creating DOS? Great idea on the garage, the sprogs will love it, it gives them some independence while still being under your watchful eye.
                    Hi Reccie, how did you get on with your al worker?
                    Night Zen.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning army its mild here again but a ot of rain since thursday. Good news for you tipps that the ant=social stuff is being sorted out i hope you get the peace you deserve. Your shud luv their new den sounds a great idea. Holistic group sounds interesting starty let us know how you find it. How are things going with your al worker REccie do you find it helpfull? How was your aftercare session Molly? Well done to you both for doing so well. Did you enjoy your nite JC? It can be a bit tough and boring i find but if there is good entertainment it makes it a bit easier. How is the job going KTAB is it getting any easier are your co workers ok to work and get along with? Cats are fed and gone out for their ramble so off to get another coffee.:cupajoe:

Comment

Morning Reccie, Tips, Starty, Zen, KTAB, Foxy, Molly and everyone else to come
                        Minus 7C here too Reccie. We are having a lazy morning . Ready for a second cup of coffee.

Comment

Good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In work today ,wont be finished till tonight, hope everyone is keeping well, laters.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning Off to Asda.
                              No running today just shopping and chilling

Comment

Working...
                              X