Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Whitney Houston

Another tragic loss to drink and drugs.
    Will always remember her say 'the biggest devil is me. I'm always my best friend or my worse enemy'
    Never a truer word has been said in my case.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

RIP Whitney Houston

God bless her- her talent was amazing- such a tragic loss.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

So so sad! Dont know how she died, but if it was from drugs may we all learn that lesson. She struggled for so long with addiction. For those of you still struggling with addiction please do everything you can to get and stay sober. Once we quit it is so important to never go back, death is almost always the end result of active addiction.

RIP Whitney.
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

RIP whitney houston.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

So sad so tragic so young. RIP Whitney.

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

OMG it truly makes me think. she had it all, fame wealth, love, kids and she pissed it all away for drugs and alcohol. it really doesn't matter who you are it can get ahold of you and tear your world apart. whitney paid the ultimate price. now her daughter has to live without her mother. her mother will never be at her wedding and never hold her grandchildren. never again be on the other end of the phone for a mother daughter chat. and all because she need to get high and drunk and THAT was more important. I am going to put a picture of whitney houston up on my fridge as a reminder of what can happen to me if i go back to alcohol.
            caper
            AF since Sept 2013...
            :alf:

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

RIP Whitney Houston.
              so sad
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

Geth I'm so glad you started this. This tragedy brings home that this problem knows no bounds. When I first heard of her she was young, untainted, straight from the church choir. Like was said, she had it all, including a husband enabler We don't destroy ourselves because of our situation, but because of an addiction we can't face. Looking back it's a wonder I'm alive today. God bless her.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

caper564;1260938 wrote: OMG it truly makes me think. she had it all, fame wealth, love, kids and she pissed it all away for drugs and alcohol. it really doesn't matter who you are it can get ahold of you and tear your world apart.
                  We were talking about this over lunch yesterday. How could someone who could have anything they wanted, could go anywhere they wanted, had access to all the help in the world that there is, had access to everything in the world that there is, die of addiction? I think in her case, having access to whatever she wanted at any given moment probably killed her. Imagine being able to distract yourself in whatever way you wanted, at any time. If I had that kind of access to EVERYthing when my head was not screwed on straight, it might kill me too.

What a nasty condition it is when all the talent, all the love and all the wealth in the world can't you save you from it.
                  Ginger

You are here:
                  sigpic

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

So very sad. R.I.P. Whitney.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

I couldn't believe the news that she'd died. R.I.P. :h

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

Whitney may u rest in peace xxx
                        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

My AL mind keeps trying to get me to get drunk one last time every now and then(like today) but I know that if I do, I may not be able to jump back and I don't want to end up like Whitney or Amy so I keep the af line in tract. ODAAT! I am not going to put my 38 weeks af down the drain.

RIP Whitney Houston.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

Alison, the alkie mind is tricky, and we see over and over that one last time is never that........good thinking not to give in to that temptation! I know, I get them too.

Comment

RIP Whitney Houston

yes it's sad that Whitney lost her battle to al and drugs - what makes it sadder is that the TV over here almost gloss over the fact of why she died (they did the same with Michael J and Amy Winehouse).
                              When I see those deaths I remind myself that that could have been me! I just wish the news wouldn't glamourise these deaths so much.
                              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X