X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Hello

hello

Please come back and invite us into your excesses. You would be surprised at how much we all have in common. Just for fun I'll name my five excesses. Bear in mind that I am Canadian and our laws are lax in some of my excesses.

1. wine
    2. weed
    3. relaxation
    4. sexual availability
    5. what appeals to me at the moment

Fallen Leaf, please share. I totally relate to our repulsion of our excesses but at the same time, listed above they are many's dream.

Peace xo
    Witching Hour Warrior

"White magic is poetry. Black magic is anything that works." - Victor Anderson

."

Comment

hello

Welcome, Leaf, and I applaud your decision to speak out. It does help to see ourselves in print. My faults are many, some are so much a part of me I don't see them clearly. But I'm blessed/cursed with very vocal loved ones, and they keep me on my toes. Keep coming and posting. You may get posts that take you aback, but listen to all with an open mind, remembering everything said is just an opinion. Best wishes with your work.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hello

Hello FL, please share with us... this is a wonderful site full of people who really understand addiction. I too have an addictive personality and have struggled with not just AL. It is really hard because even sober, I struggle with my other issues...

Sending support to you and everyone out there!

:welcome:

Comment

hello

Hey Leaf

How are you? Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you are doing OK and are ready to communicate some more. I worry that you're feeling bad and alone.
          You really are not alone. Everyone here will support you no matter what.
          Nary a perfect one among us!

Comment

hello

Hi Leaf!
            I'm glad you're here and hope to hear more from you. Only share what you are comfortable with, no need to feel pressure to say more than you want to. We are all here for the same reason, we all drink too much and don't like it! If you want to quit or cut down, you've come to the right place for support and encouragement. I look forward to getting to know you better!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hello

Oh Thank you so much for the caring replies. I posted last night and when I read it this morning it seemed so ...pathetic.

Today is my Day 1 yet again. I am so weary of this futile moderation dance I am doing. One vice leads to another ...so today I declare myself free from all of it. This really is the only way for me to live.

Leaf

Comment

hello

Oh Leaf I feel for you honey! I struggled for years-so many that I am embarassed to say!
                I have been exactly where you are-just sick of everything and feeling hopeless about all of it! At least that's what I imagine you are feeling.
                I would cry and worry and drink and do stupid stuff, cry and worry some more,wallow in guilt and shame and on and on and on.
                Nothing changes if nothing changes. Hang on and if it helps you come here.

Comment

hello

Fallen Leaf,:welcome:

You have found a wonderful, supportive place full of people who understand what you're going through. Many here are having success with not drinking. Read as much as you possibly have time for......and post often if you can.

The Newbie's Nest is a great place for daily check-ins, and the Toolbox has tons of good information. Be sure to scroll through because things get buried. Here are links to both:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Sending you peace and strength :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                  X