Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Wakey Wakey!!

HA! HA! Up late, not early! Wont' be ha ha in the AM though. I'll be scratching around for shue's or TDN's coffee.. I just did a qi gong exercise for 40 minutes. The earth didn't move so I guess I'll go to bed.

:goodjob: on the AF 3 weeks sausage. Pretty soon you'll graduate to pork loin!
    :goodjob: mumof2! Great to see you here!

good morning and good night!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Hello affies,

I googled the qi gong exercise ? looking at the video made me even more tired. Now I need a strong caffeine kick ?

The French press is full with French roast ? help yourselves, no sweets today, I did not have time to cook.

Did not have the best sleep last night, hubby was reeking of AL and was a bit too frisky for my liking that late at night ? OMG, I am transforming into a sanctimonious holier than thou teetotaler. Slap me please !!! I wonder how he put up with me for so long ? I must have smelled of AL too so many times.

Mo2 and 40days AF (you rock!!!), Almost made it out of a mall, jammin? Blondie in Portland (bring back some lobster rolls, pretty please ?), greenfingers Lav, Sunni of the TajMaHappy farm, TND (learnt not to give your 2 cents the hard way), poor white Kalso, chili con Sausage, upbeat Sugarbeat, looking for Irie too ? Mylife, sleepless Greenie and ? back to the comfort of his own cave, Det ?.wish you all a great Friday
    :h:h:h
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Just popping into say Hi to all Hope your fridays are going well. Almost time to tuck myself and the kiddies into bed, it has been a long long week.

Shue - did you ever get rid of that bottle in your work fridge ??

catch ya over the weekend
      xx

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Oh and I promise not to start the daily threads...that would just confuse the hell out all of us (me esp)with the 13-15hr time difference LOL

nitey nitey x

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

sleep tight, Mo2 - that half bottle of chardonnay is still kicking around in my office fridge. Now that I went AF none of my staff dare drink in front of me. It stopped talking to me after a while so I kind of forgot about it. I think I might just toss it today ...

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Good morning and Happy Friday, Greenie, Shue and M2--and all to come today!
            Greenie, hope you are enjoying a sleep in after the qi dong (sp) session! will try to find time to look at the site you recommended over the weekend.
            M2, you can start us off any day--time doesn't matter But--can you make coffee and an occasional sweet treat for us? Shue has us spoiled!
            Shue, I'm laughing at the thought of frisky Mr Shue reeking of AL!!!! I'm sure I reeked of AL so much that Mr TDN was immune to the smell!! But I always made sure to brush my teeth and use lots of mouthwash and gum--like that made a difference!:H Anyway, you are steaming ahead in the AF journey! Skiing this weekend?
            Had a good meeting with my sponsor yesterday. She told me --and then the people at our meeting--that she is grateful to have a sponsee who is taking everything seriously. I am grateful that she agreed to be my sponsor when I asked her. I trust her completely, and even let her take home my "life story" --all 35 pages--that I wrote while in rehab!! All that writing, and I forgot to mention my wedding Well, it was just a ceremony by JOP and my parents, sister, niece and mother-in-law were the only ones in attendance. Anyway, it took my counselor a long time to finish reading it, and we referred to it as my novel!!
            My court case did not appear in the local newspaper--there were just two cases this week--and I am thinking that there are selected cases reported and mine may have been missed. The last report three weeks ago stopped with the case heard just before mine. But one of my favorite students, now 32, wa son the license revocation list. I had lunch with him almost a year ago, when I had heard that he had been having AL problems. He was almost a year AF then. I messaged him on FB and am going to call him today, Brilliant kid whose parents were killed by a drunk driver when he was really young. AUnt and uncle adopted him and his sister. I was thinking how the two of us could have been voted "least likely to become alcoholics" at the school!!! This disease really does not discriminate!
            Have to meet with insurance agent this a.m. and not looking forward to it. Looks like the least expensive plan is close to $700 a month. After that I'll walk to the church and start coffee for AA. After the meeting, a friend is picking me up and we are going for a qick lunch, then to the library to see Mrley and Me. I've seen it before, and will have the tissues ready! My friend and her husband know everyone in town-including the head librarian--and will put in a good word for me. Am also going to apply at an insurance agency looking for a customer service person three days a week.
            Well, I had better stop before I write another novel
            I'll check back in later, and am wishing you all a great AF day!!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Good morning peeps,

Greeneyes- are you normally a night owl? I'm an early bird. Even in Vegas I was up while the chicks carrying their shoes ( runny clown makeup) were rolling back home.
              Mum- night night on your side of the world.
              Shue- I slept like crapola too. Maybe mister frisky won't be feeling so hot today. That will be pay back for his grabby hands!
              TDN- you have one busy day ahead. I hope your case mysteriously disappears and never makes it in the paper. That is very sad about the 32 year old. On a positive note, sounds like you've got some good prospects in the job arena. Good luck!

Wishing everyone a great day. Can't believe I'm on day 24. I can almost see 30 days from where I sit.
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Nightowl? Gawd no! I'm like one of lav's chickens. Thankfully I sleep well so when it's a short sleep, it's a good sleep. Each lesson of the qigong series is only up one day each so I wanted to do it last night.

TDN, someone told me aobut affordable insurance. I'm digging around on my desk for it and don't see it but it had the word "dental" in it. But it was health insurance. do a google and see what you find. Also someone else had gotten insurance who had a preexisting cond. and I'll ask him the name of his "affordable" ins is and let you know.

You guys are rockin on the AF path!

One thing's for sure!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Hi Morning Glories!

Greenie, thanks for the wake up call! Hope you all have a lovely day!

TDN...I passed through NH yesterday for a brief stint before hitting the bridge to Maine and thought of you my friend! Had a great drive to Portland and really enjoyed the beautiful landscape. Made me miss Maine even more of course!

Back to work today but looking forward to it. Should be fun with everyone getting ready for St. Patty's Day. And thanks to me and my farm run yesterday to Maine, we have plenty of grass fed, organic corned beef from small family farms in Maine to sell to our customers! I had some last year for St. Patty's Day dinner...very tasty. I think I will pass this year as I'm really watching the salt intake and it is loaded with sodium, unfortunately. But that's part of what makes it taste so good, sigh!

What is everyone doing to celebrate the weekend? One thing is for sure....
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Blondie ... I wish I was with you on the drive ... I really miss that part of the world ... we are already thinking of seeing it again next year.

TND - no skiing this weekend - tomorrow night we go to the St. Patrick's ball (very sleek black tie affair ... well, as sleek as it can be with an open bar). I did get the luck of the Irish with the Outnet clearance sale - scored a lovely black designer dress at 85% off - so I am quite excited. My Jimmy's will do a little Irish jig.

back to work, lovelies

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Good morning Abbers,

Trying to get myself going but not having much luck :H
                      It's cloudy & dark - part of the problem I think.

Greetings to everyone & I will think of you all if & when I ever get myself to Curves
                      Have a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Good morning Abbers!

Well, to those who slept well last night congratulations! I'm in the list of those who didn't - I caught some sort of a cold from my work conference last weekend - all those out of town colleagues and the European custom of kissing on both cheeks.....someone gave me a cold!! So, I tossed and turned all night and woke up every other hour to blow my nose....I hate colds!@!@ Oops, I thought this was the rant thread for a minute! LOL.

Sounds like everyone is headed for a fantastic AF weekend. Love reading all the posts. Have a safe and sober St Patty's day all!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Zooming... hope everyone's doing well!

Mylife - the first time I met my girlfriend's Dutch friends they took great delight in telling me that they kiss THREE times - mwah, mwah, mwah! They were lovely... but I'd rather not kiss people I'd just met!

Have a good day everyone!
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Leaving the office, finally … TGIFF!!!

Mo2 – in you honor I have drained that bottle in my office fridge – I am left all alone in the office, tired, cranky and leading up to Paddy day … no point taking chances

Marshy / MyLife– my Dutch friends are driving me nuts – it is confusing enough with the women, but men !!!! after the 2nd kiss I am so confused I don’t know where they’ll plant the 3rd.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Fri 3/16

Morning Abbers! Still 7 minutes left till noon in my time zone.

Day 23 here!! Next Friday will be ONE MONTH! I will be repeating that. No chance that you will forget.

TGIF everyone!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                              X