X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday, March 22

Good morning sweet abbies,

Quick post in between meetings....

CONGRATULATIONS to Almost and Blondie - Hooray !!!!

:wave:

My little elfves here have very fancy coffees but for you I shall stick to Jamaican blue mountain again.

Managed to drag my sorry behind for a pathetic run / walk on the beach. The first one ever for this year ... But it's a start.

Sending you all some sunshine ( office sunshine anyway) hope to see the sea again later.

Big kiss and wish you a fab day.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

big shout out to Almostfamous and BlondAFAmbition, the big 30

:yougo:
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning, Shue, Sugar and all Abber Dabbers!

Almost and Blondie!! It's your day, girlies!! And now we all have a reason for a big party!! Shue's coffee, I have some truffles here, and Blondie may have to make the cake--that whipped cream strawberry concoction, I hope!
      Weather superb again (85 F) for one last day before becoming more 'seasonable.":upset: Going back to 50's won't be easy!
      Lying in bed with foot on pillow and ice pack on it. Mr TDN-OCD is frantic! Didn't sleep all night, while I slept like a baby--or one of my dogs! I really want to go to the social media/website workshop this a.m. then to flower shop, where I can just sit and answer phones, but will have to see if Mr TDN will allow it! I have to make a decision about insurance very soon.
      Okay-let the celebration begin!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Thanks Shue and Sugar and TDN-

Also thanks to mylife and Mum on yesterday's thread. You all are so wonderful. I love this "safety in numbers" school of thought.

That was a nice way to start my day.:thanks: it feels great! I strolled through Target last night and bought 3 flavored sparkling waters in honor of my progress. It will go great with the truffles.
        TDN- you're poor "paw." Rest easy!
        Blonde- big congrats to you. Now onto the next 30.
        Sunni- I hope you are feeling sunnier. Hugs to you.
        Kaslo- I think you are are a photographer at :h because you take perfect pictures. Heck, everyone in my pics still are rockin the red eyes. They aren't even drunk!!!

To all my a-f-ers happy Thursday and thanks for being here.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hiya Shue, TDN, and big congratulations to Almost Famous and Blonde Ambition!

Bravo, and have a great day out there!

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for starting us up today shue! Hope you get outside before the day is over!!!

CONGRATS to Blondie & Almost :yay:
            30 days is a great feeling, I do remember! Now just keep doing the same thing over & over & over :H

Greetings to sugarbeat & TDN!
            Hope you don't do too much on that wounded paw today lady ~ take it easy if at all possible

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday! Just may be going to my fav hangout Longwood Gardens today

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations
              to AlmostFamous and BlondeAmbition!

Comment

Congrats Blondie and Almostfamous! :wd: A glorious day here in the mountains! Littlest Miss slept all night which means Momma slept! . Getting everyone up for the day and kiddos OUTSIDE!! But first, coffee!! I'll try some of that Jamaican Mountain, Shue
                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Congratulations Blondie and Almost Famous!!! Woohoo!! On to the next 30!

Good to hear everyone is up and at'em for another fantastic AF day. Shue, thanks for the morning coffee posts! I went to a dinner last night with a group of people from the Spanish class I'm taking. Everyone ordered drinks except myself and our teacher - we got iced teas. I did not feel any remorse or desire for a drink with the rest of them. My only regret was the iced tea kept me awake last night....
                  Sparkling water from now on at dinner!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF day.

Comment

Thanks you guys!!! I am really happy today to achieve my 30 day mark. I'm sure you are too AlmostFamous! I'll take a 2nd cup of the Jamaican coffee SHUE! Thanks for starting us out with the good stuff!

Woweee, it is a beautiful day outside. Can't believe it feels like a day at the end of May, seriously. Hubs and I plan to go for a walk on the beach when he gets home from work. I will get to the gym and get some stuff done around the house before he comes home. Gotta get my butt in gear but just wanted to wish you all a super day and thank you from the bottom of this Blonde heart for all of your support over the last month...it means the world to me. In looking back on the past 4 weeks, I can list what has really worked to help me "kick the sauce" so to speak:

Joining a gym and going 6 days a week religiously. Not only does this occupy the prime hours when I used to drink (5-8PM usually), but I have been rewarded with a stronger body and a new outlet for stress release

GRATITUDE: In every aspect of my life. I am thankful for every last thing in my world and when I slip into negative thinking, I try to turn it into positive thinking

DIET: Low sugar, lots of green veggies, coconut oil, flax oil (basically the good fats), lean protein. Keeping my fridge well stocked with AL altneratives: seltzer, diet drinks (although I want to get rid of these due to the artificial sweetners...one thing at a time though...lol..still better than drinking AL). Keeping myself hydrated with regular water with lemon or lime in it throughout the day.

Vitamins: A good multi, a good fish oil, milk thistle caps

Keeping myself busy: MWO, reading books, taking a walk, taking a bath, cleaning, giving myself a pedicure (doing right now...waiting for clearcoat to dry...lol. SHUE, gotta get ready for SANDAL weather!)

Never letting myself get too hungry...this is KEY. For me, I know that AL cravings are directly related to low blood sugar and an empty stomach. Even if I have to pop a piece of sugar free gum in my mouth to tide me over to a healthy snack, it helps keep my mouth busy!

Appreciating waking up sober. This has saved me from drinking in the early early days (first 2 weeks). Knowing that I willl not sacrifice a sound sleep and the gift of waking sober with no hanger, what a blessing. I just read that when you drink AL, even a small amount, you do not get the deep REM sleep that you do sober. Let's face it, when we get a full night's sleep sober, we get deep sleep and not the crappy interupted sleep we get when drunk!

Friendships on MWO: This could be on the top of the list. Comraderie found here and support is amazing. Hugs to each and everyojne of you. This goes to all of MWO as a forum but special honors to those right here on the abbers thread. Love you all

Knowledge. The more I read about the ill effects of AL, the more empowered I am to stay sober. There is just no clear evidence that drinking will bring me anything but pain and misery, both physical and mental. Don't you all agree?

Jason Vale: Kick the Drink Easily. I cannot tell you how effective this book is for me in CHANGING my perception of AL. It is a sheer miracle. It really has made me not want to take that first drink. I had a feeling I was drawn to finally get this book as the icing on the cake and it surely was.

Now, about that cake....To all my Lovies, here you are: ENJOY!!!!:l

[img][/IMG]
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

HUGE congratulations on your 30 days, Almost and Blondie!! Whoohooo!

Now.. who's gonna cut that cake? :H
                      TDN.. hope your paw gets better as the day progresses but maybe you should let Mr. OCD take care of you just for today and forego other commitments? Hm?

Sorry, folks.. gotta run here.. will check in later... save me some cake!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning Abstinence Fabinators... Thanks to Shue over on the other side of the whole world for starting us out....AlmostFamous and BlondeAF CONGRATS on 30 days. The big 30!!!!
                        :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

I had NO one to celebrate my first 30 days, because I had not discovered MWO, and Mr. Kaslo did not even notice i wasnt drinking and that went on for 3 months!!! When I finally told him he was like...huh? I didnt think you drank all that much, so I didnt notice. Totally clueless. AND he tried to talk me out of it....:upset: (Also I didnt want to tell him just in case I failed....again).

Big hello to Sugarbeat, TDN, Lav, Flyaway, MntMom and Mylife... Mylife I can completely sympathise with the tea keeping you up. I dare not consume tea coffee or soft drinks with caffien or tannins after 10 AM or I am up with the owl and coyote.

Hi GreenMachine, Sunny, Det, Turn, M3, M2, P3, P2, Marshy, and all Fabulous Fabulous Absters. We ROCK. Because we are SOBER. (Can you tell I am somewhat enthusiastic today???)

It SN%$ed again last night, and we are supposed to get another 20 cm which is about a foot of snow, and its 22 March, so what is with that. USUALLY right now, I am skiing up the mountain, but kayaking in the afternoon. Boat is still in its little box right now. Darnit.. My wheel barrow is sitting out there with a pile of snow on the leaves i raked up yesterday...

Oh well. I feel pretty dang good though. One thing is for sure.

Kaslo of the FS AGAIN
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello Again!

Kaslo - I had to laugh at your post about your hubby. Mine has no idea I'm 37 days sober and would probably also say "huh? - oh that's great, right?" or something along those lines if I told him. AL is just not on his radar ... so I don't hold it against him. LOL. And at the end of the day I'm doing it for me, not for him or anyone else!

I also feel pretty dang good and one thing is for sure...!!

Comment

Mylife, too funny! I think this happens quite a bit. I was definetely secretive about how much I was consuming and how crappy I felt, tried to pretend I was not smashed a lot of the time, yada yada. The ones who really KNEW were my two adult daughters, who told me when I told THEM I quit that they were relieved to the point of tears. They watched me all through thier childhood, and to them it was painfully obvious. Meanwhile Mr. Kaslo TOTALLY OUT TO LUNCH. He cut down after I quit, and he didnt even notice he had cut down. He was either in denial, or just dumb about it. And Mr Kaslo is a very intelligent guy, just not clued to AL.

And yeah, hiding the quitting from the Hubster served several purposes, it was for ME not him, I didnt want his expectations or comments/response to derail my recovery, I was afraid once I made an announcement I would jynx the whole thing and be snookered into drinking again....so many reasons I was very quiet. Then I sort of got mad a bit because he was so oblivious and laissez faire about the whole thing. When I say its been a year and a month, he goes... great. pass the pepper grinder. NO congrats or whoo hooo or anything. People with no AL problems piss me off sometimes.

I sure would be interested to know how others are handing the thorny issue of how partners and close relatives, kids, parents etc contribute to the whole quitting success story thing.

Kaslo
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Oh my goodness thank you all so much for your lovin! I am taking a quick work break so I'll make this snappy.
                              Kaslo- I am certain my DH doesn't have a clue to the amounts I was drinking this past year. I was one of those peeps who could visit my family or friends and drink a1 drink or none at all. BUT, when I was home with no one around, I could down a bottle of vino or more without batting an eye. How classy! Not!
                              I feel I (and you all)am the only one who REALLY knows what I was consuming. I am a big believer in honesty yet what a big, fat lie I was living.
                              Ok, back to work.
                              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X