Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday March 23

Good morning, fabbies,

Made you all Nespresso's in my hotel room, get your cups. Sugar, I am told the Nespresso decaf is particularly good.

My run this morning was a big improvement - sneaked in a quick sauna too before going into work. Ah, the joys of waking up early and sober.

This young handsome guy came to say hello to me this morning, his family of swans are wintering here close to a hot spring. Birdie spa ...

Have a super Friday, peeps.

workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

What a glorious way to greet the day, shue! Good on you!

Halloo fabbies near and far, lurkers and all.

I've got to come up with a food idea to take to the horse races tomorrow. They have champagne, bloody marys, etc. and I am the only one that doesn't drink. I will be glad when a couple people (well one in particular) finally gets that I don't drink so we can skip all that repeated offering and declining. I do believe it's her consumption that makes her not understand that it's off the table. Listen to me bitching already the day before...:H Right, I better get to the grocery store.

Have a fabbie friday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning all,

Shue- I wish I had a beach to run on this a.m. But have to settle for the dread mill.

Green- why can't peeps take a simple no thank you for an answer? There are always those "mysery loves company" types.
      Hang in there.

Papmom- thanks for your kind words. I love being here too!

Wishing everyone a fab-tastic Friday!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, Shue and Greenie and all to come--

Shue, that is a stunning photo!! Just love it! Where are you, BTW? You shure have a ton of energy! Must be the tea you had last night:H
        Greenie, hope you find a good recipe. Maybe a quche or something like that? Where do you live?
        Pap3, we also had mid eighties yesterday, and the delivery guy at the flower shop saw one place where it read 90!!! No air on in the shop, but we had the doors open, and I loved it. back to the high 60's today, and I see that next Tuesday's high will be 38 I had a good laugh about Hydrant!!! Laid back--wow.
        Still limping around, and so hoping this foot gets better over the weekend. Have had a few people tell me they had done the same thing--and the foot was broken! I'll keep icing a few times a day.
        Went to a social media for businesses workshop yesterday a.m. represneting the flower shop. Usually these things go for an hour or so, but after an hour and a half, they decided to take a break and I left. So did 3/4 of the others. But it was interesting. my friend wants me to take over her website and blog, etc. and I know nothing about it. I also signed up for lynda.com, which is a pay-by-month thing and they offer all kinds of self guided workshops. Should have been doing that a couple of months ago.
        No word from the library or any other place. Will hang in--can't do anything else right now.
        My AA sponsor is coming over at 10:00 and we'll work for an hour, then head to meeting. I ordered a cake for a man who is celebrating 35 yrs this week, so we'll pick that up. I asked people to let me know if they's like to contribute. . . we'll see.
        Okay--Three Stooges demanding breakfast, so I'll get working on that.
        Have a great AF day!
        Gimpy (AKA TDN)
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Cross post, Almost!! Have you had a look over at the General Discussion thread???
          Forgot to mention--started watching Hungry For Change last night, will finish today. Det would love it! Jason Vale is part of those interviewed! Must cut out sugar!!!
          "One day at a time."

Comment

TDN, you should stay off that foot and elevate it as much as you can.

Quiche is a good idea but I did a fritatta last year. Almost, you know how they are when they have a buzz... want to spread the joy and all. And I don't mean to be critical, I'm sure I did way more than my share of it in the day.

So, here's a good thought! Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SHUE! Lovely photo...thank you! Birdie Spa...hee hee!

Well, I'm running late for work but wanted to drop in and say hi to my favorite peeps! Hope you have a fabulous Friday!!! Starting off another 30 day stint today and feeling great!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

That some bird there shue

Greenie - I think I would fix some food that just does not go well with AL. I'll put my thinking cap on for you Have a good day today!!!!!

Greetings to Almost & the gimpy TDN. Sure hope nothing is broken there lady......
                Awesome thoughts for the guy celebrating 35 AF years.....he should write a book!

Greetings Blondie & all who stop in today.
                I'm off to Curves & hoping to shake off some facial pain related to a clogged up sinus. I will not be taking anymore Allegra for allergy symptoms, screw this

Have a great AF Friday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone

Fabulous picture Shue, great start to the day. Mr Sausage has a Nespresso machine and although I'm not really a coffee drinker I do love some of the more milder decafs.

Good luck with the races Greenie, you'll be fine - know what you mean about all that repeated offering and declining being annoying.

TDN - wow 35 yrs that's awesome. As I'm quite new to all this, can someone tell me, is it usual to celebrate each sobriety anniversary with a cake? Sounds a great idea to me!! I know in AA they give out coins don't they for the major landmarks? Is it 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and then each year?

Lav, hope your sinus clears, they sure can be painful.

Almost and Blonde, congrats again on the 30 days and good luck on the next 30 - you both sound strong.

Well better go, lots to do before the weekend. I'll drop by again later. Have a great AF day everyone

Sausage x
                  Day 29

Comment

Hello All,

Just a quick check in for me as it's a busy Friday at work. Shue - thanks for the fantastic photo!

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF weekend! It will definitely be AF for me!

Comment

Shue!!! Flirting with a married man!??? :H Great picture!
                      Greenie.. horse races? Carrot cake! :H
                      Almost, Gimpy, Blondie, Lav, Saus of age, mylife, and all to come... Happy Friday!

I need to get back to work here... but will pop back in later. One thing is for sure!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning Fantastic Fabulous Abstinencers. VERY nice photograph of mute swans, Shue. Nice morning light. Good day to Lav, Greenie, Almost, TDN (get an xray, willya? You could have a crack in bone in the foot, and I know from personal experience, its possible to walk on it but its not something to leave for long....), BlondeAF, Sausy you sound terrific, as does Sugarbeat these days.

There is a HUGE collection of people on here who are moving toward wellness and freedom. Honestly its wonderful to see. I feel like I am taking part in something like a religous revival tent meeting, wothout the religiousness. I know that sounds awful, but its very inspiring.

Well I had an addendum to attendum. Think diversity, cover, abundance, bla bla.....

one thing is for sure....

kas
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

greeneyes;1284871 wrote: What a glorious way to greet the day, shue! Good on you!

Halloo fabbies near and far, lurkers and all.

I've got to come up with a food idea to take to the horse races tomorrow. They have champagne, bloody marys, etc. and I am the only one that doesn't drink. I will be glad when a couple people (well one in particular) finally gets that I don't drink so we can skip all that repeated offering and declining. I do believe it's her consumption that makes her not understand that it's off the table. Listen to me bitching already the day before...:H Right, I better get to the grocery store.

Have a fabbie friday!
                          lurkers and all! As someone who checks in most days but posts about one day in ten I am probably what you mean by a lurker
                          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Hello and a very happy friday to you all, just checking in, all is good with me, hit a meeting today, and it was just what I needed. There was a lady who was just back from a slip. To see it in the flesh, the fear and chaos and sadness was just sweating out of her, and I was there not so long ago myself and all because of feckin drink. Its amazing how far I have come in a month in body and mind, that sort of lesson is powerful for me, because I do suffer from selective memory from time to time, I am so grateful for feeling the way I do tonight.

I'm not full of chat this evening so I'll just continue shuffling through the threads, have a super evening my friends and thanks for being here
                            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Chnge of scene fabbies, multiple means of travel got me to the ski resort again tonight ... I've just tucked in my girlfriend (smelling of wine) and our kids. She was very greatful for my lavander chammomile tea.The men are still out drinking ...I shall have to be the drill seargent tomorrow morning, Otherwise we'll be late on the slopes. This company got used to me not drinking . Yeey!!!

TND - hope the foot gets better, but really you should have it checked. I was in the city of Varna, by the sea the past few days, my company has a project there.

Kaslo, you could have taken some really awesome shots at the swan lake production this morning. Ski / kayak? Rock on ... Tomorrow I hope for ski/golf.

Greenie, Iagree with Sunni - carrot cake !!!

Still on Bberry - not brilliant for posting so I bid you good night, :h
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                              X