Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Lav's Monday, March 26

Good glorious morning, Fab Affers,

I made you a pot of strong French roast to kick start this week (and decaf on the side for Sugar).

Today I put on my dancing shoes for Lav’s party.

Congratulations, Lav for 3 years AF!!! You are a truly fantastic person and your dedication to help others (myself included in your Nest) –never fails to inspire and amaze me.

So I raise a glass of Perrier and cherry juice in your honor and present you with my AF orchids (started looking after them last year when I joined MWO ).

Fly, happy belated Birthday :bday7:.you and I started around the same time here, I am so happy we’re together on this thread, still AF.

Happy Anniversary to the Turns !!!! :heartsnflowers:
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

catch up post

Since I was away most of the last week I read all the posts but writing was more difficult.

Sunni – I hate shopping with a passion – and oddly enough I get to run a shopping mall as part of my company’s portfolio (my friends have crowned me the queen of online shopping, already c: ) – the day the supermarkets here start getting online orders I am giving a party.

TND – I really hope you get that library job – and that you are no longer Sir Limp-a-lot

Sugar – hubby says that Ireland is possibly the most beautiful island in the world - if someone could please drag it into the middle of the Med!

Green – how is the goose egg today? I so wnjoyed reading about your hike.

Blondie – I did not have time to write to you just how much I loved your 30 days AF summary. So organized and so clear ! I found it inspirational. Looks like you have a good plan and you are sticking to it. That shows so much dedication.

Det – you get to go to Vegas too????

Kaslo – get your butt into the kayak!!! We’ll all pull you when you have to get it out. Funny about the swans, I actually kept thinking of you when I saw them. It warms my heart to have friends like you, whose faces I haven’t seen but I keep thinking of pretty much several times each day. Amazing!

Papmom – I loooove cars, :racer: any excuse for a test drive, looking at cars, getting in, getting out, playing with the buttons … I am like a kid that way. Hope you get it soon!!!

Almost, LibraryGirl, Guitarista, busy Sausage, LVT, Uni, Mo3, Mo2 – I wish you all a fantastic week.

This is the week to party !!!! :band2: :disco: :rockband:– with so many wonderful occasions to celebrate, so many here passing different milestones. This thread has got oodles of positive energy !!!

Comment

:wd::wd::yay::yay::applaud::applaud:
      Lav--it's your BIG day!!! So darn excited for you!!!! You have been a huge inspiration and support to me and to so many others! Can't even tell you how much I appreciate all you do for us.
      Hope this day is one of total celebration for you! I'm sure family will be involved, so enjoy!
      Thanks for getting us started with your coffee and the cherry juice and Perrier, too, Shue!! And the orchids are lovely!
      Hope all in Abberland have a great AF day!
      Back later.
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning,

Lav- Woot Woot and toot toot!!!!! Big, fat congrats to you. Super, duper impressive!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: (should say GREAT job)

Turn- happy anniversary. How was din din?

Kaslo- love the gardening tips. If you could just point out the difference between a daisy and a rose...:H kidding, that I do know.

Shue- love the flowers. You are a tad more talented with this posting pic. thing than I am. I edit daily since this iPad makes me kooky.

Green- you're day sounded fab.

Hi TDN! Love all the clapping!
        Where did the weekend go? Somebody make it reappear. Purty please????

Today I have to work but will be back to lurk. Wow would Longfellow be jealous???
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Lav - Congratulations on this Anniversary!! You are truly one in a million, a great and wise leader. And who else could have taught us all about Lav-anitude? I celebrate you today and every day --
          to the light

Comment

Almostfamous;1286338 wrote: Shue- love the flowers. You are a tad more talented with this posting pic. thing than I am. I edit daily since this iPad makes me kooky.
            Almost - Stirlygirly tought me everything I know about posting pics

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wol-47530.html

About taking actual pics ... you should talk to Kaslo

... oh, and I effin' hate the iPad ... bloody thing is useless here where I live. Cannot buy anything decent on iTunes and posting on it is only marginally easier than on the blackberry. [Rant over ... back to happy]

Comment

Hello everyone, it's a beautiful day here and I'm feeling very positive.

Lav so pleased for you, you deserve this success and we are all so greatful for your wisdom and support on here. 3 years is a fantastic milestone - let us know how you celebrate!

Love the orchid Shue.

Quick hi to everyone else, must go now, but I'll be back later.

Have a wonderful AF day everyone.

Sausage x
              Day 32

Comment

Hey Fabbies!!!

Shue, what a lovely mess of orchids there! I am also a big fan of elephants...they are good luck symbols. Love your opening post for the day...so positive. And of course, CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER FOR OUR BELOVED LAVANDE!!! WAY TO GO ON 3 YEARS!!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!

Well, off to work for me...finished up my coffee and I'm ready to face the day. Looks like rain out but inside, I'm full of sunshine (boy, did THAT sound corny or what? BUT TRUE...hee hee)

Hope you all have a beautiful day!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

The party room is ready lav!!

shue, those orchids are stunning! Quitting drinking and the departure of a husband were sort of simultaneous, and things that hadn't bloomed for... forever started up. Not really a change in caregiving, so I think it was an energy thing. I guess it was because I was much happier all around and his energy was gone so..... I can't help thinking of them singing "ding dong the witch is dead!" :H

Shue, we should pick a day and time when we all get on here and post our faces for 1 minute and then take them down.

I musta missed a day or more - happy belated fly and turnip!

coffee!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Abbers & thanks so much for the party & beautiful orchids
                    Here - I brought my own cake!!!!

Getting the chronic negative energies out of our lives has made a huge difference hasn't it Greenie? :H :H

I'm going to Curves this morning then to a Curves luncheon at 12:30pm so I'm happy
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Fablanders!

Lav... ditto what everyone else said :l Congratulations and a huge THANK YOU for bestowing your wisdom on us minions You truly are one of a kind and I'm so very happy for you today.

Visiting dog is going home today; thank dawg. He's quiet and pleasant but I don't enjoy cleaning up accidents every morning. And why is it that dogs will actively seek out carpeted areas to deposit such accidents? Grrrumble.

Yay! I'm gonna have my daughter and peanut here for Easter! We were talking about him visiting for a weekend, and she was going to come down to the island weekend after Easter to celebrate her 21st birthday here... when I mentioned Easter hunt :H My kids LOVED searching for eggs and it usually was an almost all-day affair. I did it outside, around the house, which happened to be about an acre at our previous home :H So, we'll do her birthday a week early and put on a hunt for the peanut. Fun, fun!

Shue... what lovely orchids! Just beautiful!

Hello to Almost, TDN (how's the gimpy paw?), Cyn, Sausage, Blondie and Greenie (:H at your flowers rejoicing Oz style!)... gotta get going here. Still sporting the robe. Tsk.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Greenie, love the party room!!!! What time shall we all show up??
                        I like the idea of posting our pics, as I always wonder what all the Abbers look like!! I wonder if we could also maybe PM each other our Facebook page (for those who have one), as we probably have a pic or two there.
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Greenie ... I also second the "face off" ... 1 minute only

Comment

Congratulations Lavande!

You are an amazing woman who has helped so many people on MWO. You are special to us all. :l

Comment

Good morning my lovelies! I'm AF and feeling great! My husband on the other hand is not.

We went to a party last night and as I was sober and driving home, he was seeing double and bent over in his seat nodding off from time to time. He awoke me occasionally with his vomiting and rummaging around the bedroom looking for painkillers. I am so glad that I'm a nondrinker! I don't miss that at all. I was annoyed and thought he looked foolish the night before, but honestly that was me day after day after day not too long ago. And he never said a word about it to me. So I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and hopefully he'll come around to wanting to quit on his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X