Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday March 30

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is nice and hot, please come and get some.

Kaslo ? on the dog front, all I can say is ? don?t get a cane corso (my horror ? too big anyway) ? all labs I have seen are spastic ? but it might just be a regional breeding issue. Best dogs I?ve seen are the mixed breeds with a good dose of street dog in them if at all possible (the wider the gene pool the more naturally intelligent and sturdy). Most dogs show their personalities from puppyhood (shy, domineering, playful, loopy etc). Mine was the reject of the litter for being too dominant ? but I got him anyway. Ahh ? every girl dreams that she can change a man through training . I tried and failed to change my hubby but I had high hopes for the dog ? ended up having to neuter him ? that?s just the kind of Alpha bitch I am ?

I digress, and come out horrible in the process ? sorry ? but I am stressed in work so I do not have the luxury of pruning my thoughts before hitting the keyboard.

TGIFF!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning Shue and all to follow
    Beautiful sunny spring day, it's great to be AF!
    See you all later
    Sausage x
    Day 36

Comment

Hi di ho all, just sliding into the coffee dock

Shue your hilarious even when you're stressed!

Sausage you sound chirpy this morning, I'm liking that, by the way did you steel our sunshine? we woke up with clouds today for the first time in ages.

Anyhow all is good in Sugarland,nothing to report so far, have a super day one and all
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning Shue, Sausage and Sugar. Wow that's a lot of S's to say before my caffeine. Good thing Sunni is still sleeping...

So glad it's Friday! I'm off today and have my usual Friday "fun" list. I had to drive my daughter to an activity last night. The former me would have been irked that I had to stay sober to drive her. The only thing that irks me now about driving her is the traffic.

Howdee (spoken in my finest Minnie Pearl) to all yet to drop in. Day 38 and feeling great!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi, Shue, Sausage and Sugar and all--

Shue, you shure are funny! Try to change a man, huh? Well. . .if neutering helped Sam, it may be the solution for Mr Shure--and all the other Mrs out there:H
          Kas, I happen to be one of those who loves 99.99% of dogs, small and BIG! I look at PapMom's 3 paps and melt! I look at Sam and melt. I look at my three and melt. I am a big believer in adoption, because there are so many wonderful dogs out there who are given up for a myriad of reasons, usually none of which is their fault. Especially in this economy, when so many just cannot afford to keep their animals. Have you checked out petfinder.org? I imagine it covers Canada, too, although I have never checked it out. And so often an adult dog is easier--already house broken, etc. I can tell you that when I got Rusty when he was 4 1/2, he was the perfect gentleman, and not quit as crazy as most Brittanys. Bud is the only one we got from a breeder, and we never neutered him because of the two seizures he had at a year old. (Holistic vet warned us about anesthesia, although he has been under a few times since then.) He is so gentle and sweet. But this is a very energetic breed. Exceptions everywhere, though. My friend who owns the flower shop has a Brittany and she rarely barks, can go outside and will not run away or bolt into the street, etc.
          I am so sorry about your poor dog and the Bear. That is horrific. I know the pain you feel after something like that. My opinion is that getting another dog when you are ready helps you heal. And when you get a rescue, you are giving a dog who needs a home a new forever home. Okay, end of sermon!
          Det, you are very handsome, my man!! i hope you have put those knives away, though!! that was a little scary. . .
          Greenie, most of us missed your pic. Do you have a FB page? None of us mentions anything about AL on FB, and it is so much fun to see others' families, pets, friends, etc.
          Had my hair cut yesterday, and think it's okay, but need to blow dry it myself to see what I really think. $8, and I gave her a $10 tip, and the instructor checked the progress and she cut my bangs. I am going to color my hair tonight. It is darker than usual, so will see about getting some foils at that school after my own color.
          My name was in the local paper yesterday on the list of license revocations. Imagine the local gossipers will be out in full force:H Doesn't bother me the way I thought it might.
          Okay, have a meeting at noon, then a quick lunch and movie at the library with a friend. Would like to ask if they have filled the position I applied for.
          Foot is really sore again, so I am going to try the ace bandage thing, I tried it yesterday afternoon, but need to make it a little less tight.
          Okay, am going to finish the tax info. Am hoping all the money I spent on rehab, detox, counseling, etc. will be deductible! Along with all the legal fees, etc., I could have had a face lift and other cosmetic stuff:upset:
          Have a tip top AF day, everyone!
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi, Almost, my dear!
            You sound great!! Just wanted to say that!!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

quick pop in. Kas, there is a new breed in the US-Leonberger. Big, hairy but apparently very calm, loyal, good with kids, etc. I saw some at the dog show in Nov. Very Impressed.
              gotta run. hoping to catch up with all tomorrow after taxes are done.
              Pic of my new ride. can't wait to pimp it in Pink!!

New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Nice wheels Pap! Can't wait to see if pimped in pink...lol!

TDN, I am also a firm believer in adopting a shelter dog. Coco is from Cape Ann Animal Aid. She is a rescue dog from Puerto Rico (methinks she understands Spanish and I have some special Meringue CD's I play just for her...lol). She is known as a "sato" which I believe is PR's term for street dog. She was found on a beach as a stray with heartworm and very malnourished. Saveasato.org rescued her, treated her for the heartworm, transported her to Boston, and our shelter ended up getting her. Lucky for us. When lost my St. Bernard, Molly, to Bone cancer, I was devasted. A few days after we had to put her down...I went to the animal aid to just "take a look". Yeah, right. I feel in love with Coco and left the shelter with her that very day. It was mid-January and since knew she just immigrated from the Caribbean, we headed straight away to the local pet shop to pick out some new sweaters...

Well, this is turning to be a beautiful, bright morning! Love it when the sun comes in like this. Sounds windy out though. I managed to get a bit of an earache and sniffles overnight so I'll be hitting up some elderberry and goldenseal as soon as I get to the store since all I have at home is Milk Thistle, multi's and fish oil! Don't want to get sick this close to Spring...I've made it all winter without it!

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Love and Peace,

Blondie
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

*yawn*
                  Do I smell coffee? Kindly point me in the right direction, will ya?

Good Morning Shue, Sausage, Sugar, Almost, TDN, Papmom, Blondie and all to come! 'Tis Fridayyyy!
                  TDN and Blondie, I totally agree with you on the pound pups. All but two of my dogs were rescues, or free to good home because their previous owners couldn't keep them anymore. Ex-asshole picked out a German Shepherd pup from a BYB and then bought a golden retriever pup at a pet store (of all places, and without ever asking me). Both of them had one or more screws loose and only stayed for a year/year and a half.

Kas, I couldn't really bring myself to comment on your doggie's demise yesterday. My God, no wonder you're traumatized. :l

Pap.. Pink Pimped Pap Mobile. Can't wait!
                  Gonna head out to spring da boyz and then make a run to the sawmill for shavings. I scored a really cute wooden planter to hang on the front of the barn yesterday! $52.99 at our local hardware store... I got it for $35. It pays to talk to them and express both interest in the item and shortage of funds! :H

Here's to a happy AF Friday, everyone... make it a good one!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Morning Abbers,

Woke up myself today with a sore throat & sniffles - yuck. I am also sporting my usual itchy, rashy breakouts or my forarms after only two days working outside this week. God this is going to be a long (itch) season for me
                    Skipping the workout this morning so I can hopefully get myself together to go back to the outside work. Long sleeves & gloves apparently aren't enough to protect me from the irritants in nature. Think I'll look for some gardening armour :H

Thanks for the coffee shue, I am emjoying some right now!

Greetings Sausage, Sugar, Almost & TDN
                    Papmom, congrats on your new vehicle! Wish you good luck with it lady!!!!

Hello to Blondie & Sunni!
                    Sunni, if I give you a list can you go do some shopping/bartering for me? I love getting a great deal like that

OK, off to medicate myself with something to get get my soggy head dried up.
                    Have a great AF Friday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

Just popping in to say hi! The weather yesterday lured me outside away from the spring cleaning and I started renovating my front yard. I am excited about this project! The hardest part will be getting enough sand and flagstones to do it. It will become a work in progress though. Which reminds me, I better get some before pictures! Should have done that yesterday!

I've decided that trying to spring clean with the boys home, is like trying to rake leaves in a tornado. Don't get me wrong, they helped me out a lot. But still can't seem to pick up after themselves--even if they did the work of cleaning the space!

I feel bad for #1 son. He has been working for the chiropractor (just filling in for 2 months) and last night he told him it's not working out. He can't figure out how to balance out in the computer system every night. He's not letting him go completely, just cutting his hours. It is a fast paced office, and I wonder if his ADD causes him issues there. If it was a permanent position he would probably make him learn, but not worth the time since he's done in May anyway. It is still a good experience for him.

Kaslo--I too am sorry about your dog. When I was in college my best friend--my black lab/bassett hound got run over. I was devastated and swore never again. I didn't get another dog for 5 years when the most beautiful golden walked into the vet clinic. I commented on his beauty and his owner said--"want him?" She was going to the service and he needed a home. Acer quickly became my new best friend and confidante. He was the best dog I've ever had. He got bone cancer and I put him down at the ripe old age of 13. I still miss him terribly and would love another golden.

But, I am a firm believer in mixed breeds and obtaining them from the humane society or anywhere that you can adopt one. It's a gamble getting an adult dog--I think unless they have had some training. I like the bigger breeds--my yellow lab is wonderful--never was too hyper but does love to play. I have seen some super hyper ones though--usually the ones that don't get enough attention or exercise. Of course any dog you get should be spayed or neutered!

Ok, I better get busy. I have tons to do today and I'm having guests for a candle party this evening. Have a great sober weekend all!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

You can see that I am very entusiastic about finishing up tax stuff!!! It's the independent contractor expenses that I hate doing, for some reason. Getting toward the end, though. I hope for a big refund, as I made very little from that job!
                        Yes, Pap, Leonbergers are great, from what I have seen. A woman in toen has one, and boy, he is a dream. She somehow manages to feed raw, which is extremely expensive to buy for anything other than a small dog.
                        Don't know if I said that we lost our first Brittany almost 12 years ago--hit by a car when she was just 5. I was sick over it and could not even work for a few days. Odd thing is, II had thought a bear had gotten her, as we'd had a mother and cub around. The things stay with us forever, but getting Bud was a miracle, too.
                        Pap, that jeep looks new. Didn't you say it was a 2005? love it! Had one once. Pimped Out Pink--oh, boy!!
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Pap ... loving those wheels. Cannot wait to see it pimped up.

running home now, super hungry ... generally not a good idea
                          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Pap- sa-weet ride!

Blonde- a big "hola" to your international dog. Cracked up at the merengue comment. I think I just butchered the spelling. Oops sorry.. Or should I say lo siento? If my HS Spanish teacher is reading this, well I'm certain she's impressed.

LVT- I need you and Kaslo promptly for some big landscaping fun. I'm just not into it but it seems everyone else is.
                            Lav- feel better and sorry about your rash. It gives a rash just thinking about it!!!!

Sunni- nice score at the store!

Hi to the rest of you peeps.

Ok, I'm off and running (well, walking if I'm being honest)......
                            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Precious friends from all over the world...this reminds me of you..and the light of our friendships:

http://youtu.be/FG0fTKAqZ5g[/video]]All Alone in the Night - Time-lapse footage of the Earth as seen from the ISS - YouTube
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X