Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday, April 19

Good morning Fabbies,

The sun is out after 3 days of rain so I got one of those clear crisp spring days where you can see for miles and miles, the far mountains too, snow capped and glorious (thought of Kaslo’s glorious shot but taking pics on the blackberry while driving would have yielded nada). One more realization – the following weekend is a long one with a bank holiday on May 1st – I have decided to forgo the usual drive to Greece and have a staycation instead – golf / hike / loaf around / BBQ / read . As much as I love Greece I cannot face more travel (well – business trip next week, cannot cancel).

The French roast is brewed and smells rich. Sugar, honey – come and get your decaf, yesterday it got cold waiting for you. As for Mo2 – instant is not coffee (even if “gold”), I shall have you know I refuse to serve it, I run a high class establishment, wink wink!

I have a full day in work today – and plenty of people to tower over in my 11cm heels.

Have a wonderful day, my sweets, I learn from you each day.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning everyone

Ahh Greenie, you brought tears to my eyes. Its true, isnt it. My body loves me so much right now that I'm radiating love. People can see it. People can even 'hear it' over email. I'm getting so much more positive responses to work etc. because I'm radiating positivity and love, not fear and regret. No amount of alcohol or drugs can immitate this feeling of happiness.

Thanks for the java Shue. I get confused with your jetsetting ways - where are you based again? Its really good news that your holiday has tought you to take one step back and give yourself some breathing room. Working is good but relaxing and me time is just as important.

A question for all ye green fingered ones: How do you keep the doggies from destroying your gardens? Thanks in advanced and have a glorious day.

XOX

Comment

Ello, I'm here I'm here I'm here and decf is in hand

Shue, our side of Europe is getting a right lashin of rain for the last few days too, but I have to admit I do like the rain when I tucked up inside lookin out

I'm bold I never checked yesterday, but ye'll forgive me. So in Sugarland all is good, my god like many here I'm goin through changes, in me basically, it?s uncomfortable at times but I'm excited too, there are thinking habits I picked up that I'm realizing are not necessary and life is much better without them, but its practice, practice, practice as they say

On the job front I'm playing the waiting game, but a calm waiting game, and keeping the good vibes floating round me, I'm not applying for anything else until tomorrow, giving myself a break. But good vibes from you good people would be appreciated too

Dizzy you are like an energizer bunny, full of beans, it?s good to see people genuinely happy, and it?s contagious, and those around you couldn't miss it

Anyhow that's me for now have a dinky little day all
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugarlove You're back! Yes I am, and them beans are sprouting joy!

I do have a thing for ladies with Irish accents. My boyfriend has this friend whose wife sometimes joins us on skype and takes over the discussion. As I don't have skype premium I cant see them when its a conference call so I usually just do that lazy thing of turning my laptop on its side and curl up in fetal position listening to her. She's onto me though as last time I dozed off. But its unfair as I was still two hours ahead time wise and everyone but me was drinking some Guinness.

Its a lovely accent but he's got the RP'ed accent so he sounds a bit like Terry Wogan would if he had a deeper younger voice.

Anyway back to YOU. Its not easy waiting for interviews. I don't know you that well but I can see a huge change in you from when you joined up to now. The meditation will help, as will positive thinking, and the right job is waiting out there for you. :l

LOL - I would damn well hope you like the rain! Its a running joke with me and the Irishman that I once told him that rain puts me in the mood. Well it doesnt rain here that often... He's now insisting we honeymoon in Carlow of all places! Pfft, we'll see bout that! Although I'll go there soon, have to meet the famdamily or at least the half dozen siblings he does speak to

A question for the rest of you: Do you think microwave ovens are bad for your health?
        I like steaming veggies but I'm thinking I should get me a bamboo steamer instead.

XOX

Comment

Dizzy, you are a hoot ? as for my complicated geography ? born in Romania, live in Bulgaria, married an Irishman with loads of family in London - work brings me to Vienna each month, sometimes other EU cities. You hussy ? telling an Irishman that rain puts you in the mood, I am surprised he hasn?t proposed then and there, when you said it.

Sugaaaaar ? I just love seeing you go through these changes. Honestly, it is wonderful and inspiring to watch your transformation. I know it is not easy at times but I am here rooting for you.

TND ? you must me up soon, making fresh coffee for you ? Evco in too.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

LOL, I have a fit of the giggles now. Hussy... me? I spent years 5-18 living in the desert where it only rained 3 days a year so I was just being honest!!

And come to think of it, he did manage marriage a bit later that night. See how sly men can be? :H

Comment

Good morning NO more blurs-day Thursday peeps,

Kas's gorgeous photos and Shue's fab tales of travel have me certain that I must win the lottery. I have been lucky to have traveled a bit but there is so much more to see! I also really can't stand to fly the older I get. It never used to bother me. Now, even the mention of turbulence has me squeezing my butt cheeks in full force. Of course it does beat a looong car trip. Oh but then you might miss the pleasure of visiting the world's largest ball of twine or rocking chair. We have never partaken in these but the road signs alone are sheer entertainment.

Sugar- here come the vibes...... Great luck!

Dizzy- if microwaves are bad then I should be dead 10 times over. There is your scientific answer for today. Lol!
              Hi to all yet to visit. Starting day 58 and feeling great!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, all!

Thanks for the coffee, dear Shue!! And the EVCO, my fave! I need to remember to put it in my nightly tea, too.
                Sugar, holy cow!! What a transformation! It is so good to see! You have found that inner peace and it shows!
                Dizzy, you are also an inspiration! The rain story gave me a good chuckle!
                For the digging--our three do dig once in a while, but not like some dogs. I don't know of a permanent solution to this, just know it's natural for dogs to do that. As for the microwave, I'm like Almost--use mine daily, mostly for reheating or making tea.
                Kas, thanks so much for the words of wisdom yesterday. Totally on target, and sometimes you just need to hear it from others. I am focusing on everything I have and not what I don't have--temporarily. I get my license back in December, hopefully. Still waiting to hear about the alcohol ed class--but I paid for it over a month ago and am therefore considered "enrolled." it's really a money maker for the state.
                Going for a walk soon, then have my last massgae for a while at 11:45. Gym later on, i hope.
                Happy AF day to everybody!
                TDN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Fabbies!

Shue, a stacation sounds like a lovely idea. Sometimes it can recharge you more than a goawaycation.

Sugarbeat, good on you for recognizing the changes and riding out the uncomfortable part. It's all part of the shifting and it's all good!

Diz, I'd get the steamer. I'm trying to use my microwave less and I try to leave the kitchen when it is on. We are already overexposed to EMFs . Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) - Hazardous to Our Health?

Famous, I'm with you on the lottery and travel thing. We could give you an exercise programe here. Everyone mentions "TURBULENCE" in their post and you squeeze butt cheeks. Tight arse in no time! :H

Tally ho!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

X-post TDN! I'm with kas too. Try not to go in your head too much on those AL related assumptions.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Wow! Busy thread already!

I was home last night with my daughter so I get to check in. Won't be back until next Thursday though so save a spot for me.

Thanks for the coffee!!

Things are going great in my treatment, the DBT therapy is really fitting for me (finally). I feel understood and validated. It's amazing. In 37 years I have always been trying to figure out what is wrong with me and finally I am getting what I need. Love it!

Had to watch the Pitts/Philly game last night as my daughter is convinced she is going to marry Sid the kid (lol). It was an awesome game! Going to be interesting to see what happens on Friday.

Was sorry to hear about Dick Clark. We watched the ball drop on New Years eve this year and I said to my family that oh my, he is looking really old. Not surprised about his death as he has lived a rich, full life but sad just the same. New Years will be different without him, that's for sure.

Okay, I'm off to make a lunch for the little one and get her off to school.

Love and hugs,
                      Uni
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Mumof2--Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic. I hope my fat cells are paying attention.

Greeneyes--Thank you for your beautiful words.

Kaslo--Gorgeous photo! Almost looks painted. I wish I had a job that kept me moving and was outdoors. And I wish I had somewhere to kayak! I love being on the water.

Shue--Thanks for getting us started once again. Your life sounds amazing. I wish I could travel to Greece or Vienna like you do. My grandparents came from Nadlac.

Dizzy--I just love your energy! No doggies here, only one very sleepy cat. The deer eat everything in sight around my house. But I love seeing them wandering around. Such gentle creatures.

Sugar--I love watching the transformation in you! The mind is such a powerful thing. I never really realized it until I got on this journey. I have negative thinking patterns too, established in childhood. I'm working on changing all of that, but they're so deeply entrenched that it's going to take time. I'm just happy where I'm at right now.

Almost--I don't mind the actual flying, it's the security stuff that I can't stand. It just takes so long before getting on the plane. Ugh. I wish there were a better answer. I've got a lot more traveling I want to do!

TDN--I'm having my EVCO right now in my coffee! And I put it in my nightly tea too.

Well I feel a bit better mood-wise today, but woke up with a major headache. I think the coffee is helping though. I've got some quiet time because my husband is still sleeping. I don't know what it is with him but it's like he's got some kind of radar when I get on this site. He immediately comes into the room and I change to another page. I don't share this site with anyone. I wouldn't feel like I could be honest if I knew someone was reading over my shoulder. This is just for me. :h

Comment

greeneyes;1299945 wrote:

Famous, I'm with you on the lottery and travel thing. We could give you an exercise programe here. Everyone mentions "TURBULENCE" in their post and you squeeze butt cheeks. Tight arse in no time! :H

Tally ho!
                          OMG! :H I so need this! :H

Comment

Uni I'm sorry, I was typing away when you posted.

I'm so glad to hear that the therapy seems to be working for you! It sounds really interesting. I Googled it when you mentioned it before since I had never heard of it. I hope this is the answer for you.

Dick Clark did appear to live a rich full life. Now he's transitioned on to something else. I remember watching him on American Bandstand and The $25,000 Pyramid and of course New Year's Eve.

Comment

Abbers!

Just a quick pop in to say hello. Not been around because I've been so busy lately - busy-happy not busy-stress.

Me and GF had a fantastic walking holiday. I was going to post some pics she took on her phone but she can't figure out how to download them :H so here's an internet pic of a waterfall we walked to.

http://www.northpennines.org.uk/Page...Waterfall.aspx

Glad to see everyone's doing well!
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                              X