Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Thought I would get us started on this last week of April.

Blonde - Love the idea of flowers for May. When I was a kid we always had a May altar in school.

Rusty - so glad you checked in and let us know what was happening and :goodjob: on dealing with this AF.

Jolie - as usual Lav came up with the works. The Hatha yoga I do is from an 8 week course I did last year and I still have the cd. It is great when you get into it but I do find it hard at times to still the mind.

Big hello to everyone and have a great week.

Rushing as I have to get the girls to school and bus. Am going to see 'The Help' this morning. Made about 3 attempts when it was in the cinema and now it being shown in a local theatre so I decided to treat myself this morning.

Catch you all later.

Rustop

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good Morning Flock and happy Monday!

Rustop - Thanks for getting us going, hope you manage to see The Help.

Sunni - Im going the reverse from you re bedtime, I love to be asleep by 11pm or before and up at 6am.

Lav - Hope Puppy is over her sickness, are you back to kiddy snot again today?

Jolie - check out this website for some meditations BuddhaNet Audio: Meditation

Rusty - :l Im so proud of you for not drinking. Its such an automatic response when things go wrong in our lives and when we cope without AL we take our power back and its wonderful. When is your conference call? I cant wait to hear more about this job, Im so excited for you.

Papmom - Your health has taken a pounding this year and really needs a boost. I wish I could give you some reiki as I imagine you rarely take time to relax and unwind.

Its a lovely morning here and im off for a walk in the park before my spin class. Then the serious studying begins and im going to set aside 4 hours a day. My friend is at work all day and the house is quiet. Its going to be a challenge for me as I left school at 15 having never studied a day in my life. The good thing is, Im discipined and if I set strict hours for working then I will do it.

Here is a photo I took yesterday of some of our fellow flock
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Morning everyone!

Rustop - you will love The Help. I laughed my butt off! It's a really good movie.

Chill - what a beautiful picture! Thanks for the link and I will definitely check it out.

Quick hello for me as I'm already at work and really need to get moving this morning but wanted to check in.

Rusty - I think of you a lot these days - hope you are okay and sounds like your inner strength is prevailing - hope you know how much we all want good things for you!

Have a great day everyone!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Hi Final week of April Flockers!!!

Chill, love that photo, thanks for sharing. Reminds me so much of a park in the town I lived in as a very young girl in Long Island, NY. Always loved to go there and feed the ducks. It could have been taken there, I swear! Enjoy your spin class and studying.

I'm off to work early this morning. Rainy day but we needed it. Hope you are all waking up to a great week ahead of you. I was sipping my coffee and looking out at my yard this morning and thinking, wow, there is someone right now waking up with a bad hangover...maybe that someone is going to read what I post on MWO this morning. If that is you, and you are lurking, know that your inner voice brought you here and is trying to tell you something. It really is better to be on the sober side of life! I am grateful to wake up another sober morning and accept all that is good in my world today.

Thanks for getting our week 4 started Rustop! I, too, attended a school where we had a May alter and we made baskets for May Day (May 1). Oh how I loved that! Must be my inner flower fairy . May Flowers, we are really going to blossom next month!!!

Blessings to everyone, have a fabulous, flower filled day!!!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning Flockers,

Slept pretty well & even a little late so I'm not compalining
          Matilda seems to be her good old self today, eating, pestering, chewing, etc :H

Greetings to Rustop, chill, Jolie, Blondie, Papmom, Rusty & those still missing.
          Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday. I'm off to Curves then back here for some busy work. Have a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Hi everyone
            Thought it time again I checked in to the April AF flock. Did so one week one, but have mainly been posting on AF daily and Newbies nest.

However I have been AF for the whole of April - infact this is day 60 for me and I am feeling pretty good.

I am trying to think gratitude thoughts rather than deprivation ones because Im not drinking alcohol. Donth think I ever developed a positive attitude before, even during my 8 month quit, so we'll see if it makes any difference!

Blondie I think it was you(?) who mentioned The Secret by Ronda Byrne, on here. I've just downloaded the book on to my Kindle, and have just got started on it. If anyone else has read it or seen the film do let me know your thoughts,.

Must go , lots to do. Have just put a sausage casserole (no jokes please!) in the crockpot for this evenings meal.

Have a good AF day flockers.

Sausage x
            Day 60

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Rusty, you sweetheart, what an ordeal. To take a punch like that with grace and resilience speaks to the content of your character. You are loved and respected. I am just catching up with posts and developments after a period of being MIA. At this point I am not sure what I was looking for but I left behind all technology for a couple of weeks in an attempt to find/recapture it. Another illusion bites the dust but that tends to be a good thing eventually. Keeps one in the present. Congratulations on your move Chill, and on the embarkation of your studies. As usual I appreciate reading the posts here (Dill, Star, Cyn, SD, Blondie, Sunny, Fly, Pappy, Jolie, et. al.), and your reflections amuse, comfort, and sustain me. Your puppy is darling, Lav, and I love that you continue to not settle for anything less than making a healthy and happy life. Congratulations on your sixty, Sausage! Hi Rustop, you dear Irish rosebud. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good to see you LBH
                I don't think anyone/anything could take me away from the internet these days ~ I need my lifeline!
                Now I need to go search for the other MIAs.

Sausage, CONGRATS to you! 60 AF days is a big deal.
                Developing an attitude of gratitude helps us from becoming complacent I think.
                I love this website for that very purpose: The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

Matilda had her first 'face to face' with a chicken today. Wish I had had my camera in my pocket :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Honk Honk from up north!

Blowing like Jack the bear here... wish I could batten down the hatches! Wow!

Ok, this has nothing to do with wind (I think) but I'm mighty ticked off. Remember that cute planter for the barn? Well, it has come unglued. Quite literally. Shouldn't a PLANTER be built with a little more than Elmer's glue and staples? Especially for 50some $$? Ok, I got it on sale but that's not the point. Grrrrrumble. Rant over.

Lav, do keep your camera with you at all times please... would have loved to have seen the chicken encounter! :H One of my hens would beat up our other dog.. really didn't like him and he'd run if she was headed in his direction.

LBH - so good to see you back in action
                  Sausage - congrats and how'd your casserole turn out??? *snicker, not saying a word*
                  Blondie - I don't muse as much about waking up sober... but it sure beats just existing, doesn't it!?
                  Chill, what a gorgeous park! Lucky girl, you. And there are tulipsies blooming!!! Sigh.

Hello to Rustop and Jolie and anyone else popping in

I just had a good news/bad news kinda moment. Figured out the taxes I owe the government (ouch) and I'm not talking income tax AND THEN I took out my forms and saw that my deadline isn't until June 15th. Whoot! So, I won't have to rob a bank this month!

Now must get back to work. Should. No, must. :hallo:
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Honk HONK from way down south!

G'day Rosebud's, Gerraniums, daffodil's, and all blossoms near and not so far,

You're a star Rusty!

You'll be okay with study Chilli. I returned to study after many years, and there is a lot of support for students returning to study, but we have to ask for it if we need it. If i didn't understand something, which was often, i'd ask until i did. Teachers and other students are more than happy to help.

Matilada facing her first chicken Lav......i'd have loved to have seen that too!

Have a great week everyone, and think positive.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Being semi-retired we get to PAY taxes quarterly so there's no big heart attack on April 15 each year Sunni It's still a pain the the butt....

I usually slide my smart phone into the pocket of my jeans so I have it handy but today I was still in my sweats having just come home from Curves. Let the dogs out & didn't notice that one of the Araucanas had jumped the fence (they just hop in & out at will). Next thing I know Matilda (all 7 lbs of her) is on a tear chasing the hen. Matilda cornered the stupid thing so I just opened the gate & shoved her back into the fenced area with my foot :H
                      Honestly - the pup & the hen are about the same size (weightwise) so it could have been a fair fight but I just didn't want to see anyone getting hurt this morning

Turned the heating system back on for a bit - damp & chilly around here!

Hi there G!!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Hi kids -
                        I'm experimenting with posting in the evening...mornings are wild around here with the pups, and this in-between time after feeding them dinner and getting ready for round 3 of work (at home, in the evening) is sometimes empty and a little sad. (But HB will be returning next Friday after nearly 6 weeks away, and then as you know all bets are off!)

Rusty - my heart goes out to you. But as I said earlier, you CAN do this. I've re-made myself in completely different work arenas several times now. It's exhausting, but worth it, and you have the chance to find out a little more about yourself each time. I know that you will find happiness and success in whatever it is that you put your hand to. How remarkable that your old boss called you - that sounds like the Universe working!

LBH, I have been seeking some kind of peace (?piece) recently without finding a salve for whatever it is...maybe it's like that wonderful Hammerstein lyric "starry-eyed and vaguely discontented" from 'It might as well be spring'. Come to think of it, the whole song describes this state of being perfectly. If anyone wants a listen, here's Ella Fitzgerald singing it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbik3v09xps[/video]]Ella Fitzgerald - It Might As Well Be Spring - YouTube. (Also check our Jeanne Craig singing it from the movie, and Blossom Dearie singing it in iffy French, hysterical).

Sorry to have mentioned a possible move for us; I think we'll be able to remain here through the summer, which is a gift, as the garden is divine here. I don't feel like we every really moved in; much of our stuff remains in boxes, and I kept all the other boxes...so I actually don't think it will be a big deal.

Chill, you continue to sound so strong. I echo what G-man said, you will do wonderfully well with this line of study - it all changes when you love the material. Keep us posted. BTW, I think I found a Reiki teacher right here in my own backyard (well, nearly). AND she does equine massage - what are the chances? I'm hoping that once I get my money-making work going again I'll be able to 'apprentice' with her and maybe someday be an assistant if she needs one. In the meantime, I'll talk to her about Reiki.

Lav - as always thanks for posting some of the Tools from the Lav-anitude toolkit. You are a divine resource. Hope you are getting some 'me' time along with snotty noses and puppy pukes.

Congrats, Sausage! Wishing all a good evening (morning to you in the east).
                        to the light

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Cyn, glad to hear you will have your summer with a nice garden
                          Wait until you get a load of our summertime east coast humidity :H

No puppy puking today - everything back to normal!

Matilda says Hi

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Hi All!

Just checking in...no real news to tell of, which I guess is good!! OH...I did have my cleaning lady come for the first time today!! Yippee!!! Although, I spent all weekend cleaning my house to get ready for her!!! :H

Chill--your new digs look great!! Love the view and the park...looks pretty!! Have fun studying...I have to add that I absolutely hated school growing up...well not hated it...hated studying and learning stuff I had no interest in...once I got to college and got to study and learn things that were important to me...I LOVED it...haven't stopped going, as it seems--20 years later!!

Lav--Matilda sounds like so much fun!! I swear my dog Molly never made it through the night for almost a 6 months!!! I got her in September....so you can about imagine what the months were like that I was standing outside in the middle of the night...FREEZING COLD!!! Honestly, she took longer to sleep through the nights than my son!:H Matilda is a cutie, that's for sure!!

Rusty--I'm so glad there is another possibility or another door awaiting to open for you! That's awesome!! So often I think (dream..wish...) I could leave education and go into another field...but I am highly qualified in......nothing!! :H

Sausage--Awesome job on 60 days!!! Way to go!

Sunni--I just have to say how much I love reading your posts!!! You make me laugh so much!!! I just love your sense of humor!!

LBH--Always wonderful to see your posts as well!! SO did you go some place to get away from the land of technology or just turn it off for awhile...or did I miss that in your post?? Sorry!

Pap-How you feeling?? Hows the car? Are you just lovin' it??? I'm thinking for my 1 year anniversary I'm going to buy myself a new car....actually I'm just using that as an excuse to buy a car I think...mine is an 05 and has 90,000 miles...it's a Honda so I know it would run forever...but I really want something new (said in my best whiny voice and pouty face!!).

Blondie--I love the idea of May Flowers...I think in my previous life I was a Flower Child or somehow I should have been born earlier...I think I was a few decades late!! I would have loved being a teen/ young adult in the 60's!!

Dill--do you feel like we are in the home stretch at school yet?? I know i'm counting down the days!!! Our last day with the kids is May 18th..how about you?? We seem to be having a TON of IEP's lately too!! I'm not sure how they all ended up happening at the end of the year this year...normally I thought they were a little more spread out...geesh!! Nothing bores me more than sitting in an IEP, to tell you the truth!! LOL!!

Star--How are you doing? How's work going for you??

Cyn--there is no way possible I could ever post in the mornings...way to hectic around here....even at night I end up posting at like midnight!! I'm a faithful reader on the site but not a poster....I wish I was better at it like some of you!! Glad you get to stay put for the summer...moving in the summer is no fun...too hot...come to think of it, moving in general is pretty low on my list of fun things to do!! LOL!!!

Hey G--good to see you here!!! Positive as ever!!

Rebirth--so good to see you too....please, when you have time fill us in on the details of your new romance and engagement!! Congratulations!!

Alright folks....I need to get some sleep...my famous last line in ever post!! LOL!! To all those over gooslings(??)...a big HONK goes out to you!!!
                            Have a terrific Tuesday HONKERS!!!
                            SD
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Just a quick check in as have a full morning. :thanks: LBH you made my morning. Dont think I have ever been referred to as a Rose before. We have a beauty/personality contest here every year known as the Rose of Tralee and the girls are all called Roses.

Lav - that puppy is too adorable. Would have loved to have seen the stand off with the hen.

Big hello to everyone else. Off for quick walk then weight watchers and then the beauty salon. Having a facial called microdermabrasion!! Will let you all know how I get on. Oh and really enjoyed 'The Help' yesterday. Must do that more often.

Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X