Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday April 25

Morning everyone

We still have our virtual Starbucks so feel free to order whatever your heart desires.

For some odd reason...

The drink special today is the anniversary blend:

And the sweet treat of choice is:

For those of you who are only making drive-by postings and can't stay for a natter and a java we also have some take-aways:

OK jeez, let me stop and finally say something here. I haven't come up with a long term plan yet although I know I won't drink today or tomorrow.

I'm grateful because 30 days sober has caused me to:

• Lose 3kg and be much less bloated
    • Gain energy and enthusiasm to DO things
    • Improve my memory (it was awful and I'm already called Dizzy for a reason)Be more calm and sleep betterHave much clearer skin and eyes - I look 2 years youngerWake up with a song in my heart instead of a dreadful hangover

And I would like to thank each and every one of you for the part you played in helping me achieving my goal.

XOX

Dizzy,

I raise my skim latte in honor of you!!!! Congrats on 30 days!!!!!
    :goodjob:
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning!

Dizzy--:goodjob:Congrats to you, girl!!! You sure have learned a lot in those thirty days!! It's so good to have you with us. And filling in for Shue on the co:goodjob:ffee end of things--love it! Think I'll order an Americano
      Kas--CONGRATS on the job!! That is great news and your employees must be in heavne over that! So happy for you.
      Lav, keep forgetting to say that I am so in love with Matilda!! And Maxie is teaching her the ropes--nice! Have you ever seen the bells that you hang on the door and teach the dog to ring them when she has to go out? There are a couple of companies that make them. Used to rep one of them, but don't have any samples left. Do have th training DVD if you want it.
      Pap3, glad the PapMobile is back up and running!! Hope your problems are over on that end!!
      Who suggested the meet up in 2014? Memory is not so good Anyway, I'm in! That would be so much fun! Unwasted is planning a trip to New England soon, and maybe we could see each other then.
      Lots of unpacking to do today, as we received 33 boxes yesterday at 2:00, after the owner had me send the assitant home at 12:30!! Hoping she will be coming to give us some direction soon, as we don't know what to do with some things. I expect we'll be there from 9:00 to 5:00 today. Can't figure out what is wrong with the radio/CD player--even Mr TDN couldn't figure it out. Also, fridge and microwave,w hcih are in a bad place where we can't even see how they are plugged in--don't work.
      Greenie, tried to cut the Paxil into 5mg pieces, and am trying to do one a aay for awhile. I hope that helps with the tired feeling and aches.
      Okay, wishing everybody a great AF day!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Ahhh DizzyBee. Big congrats to you on 30 days.

Look at all of the benefits you have experienced from being AF for 30 Days. It's amazing isn't it? It gets better and better.

Look out world, here she comes!!!

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Just a quick fly-by before I head out the door. My life has been insanely busy and I won't be able to hang out here until next week. Love to you all. :h

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the Starbucks again Dizzy & CONGRATS on your 30 AF days - WOO HOO
            I'm sure you are loving that calm, clear-headed feeling - it's priceless!

TDN, no I haven't heard about the bell traing for dogs - interesting. I will look that up today, thanks! Hope you have a terrific day!

Greetings Almost & M3! Fly - almost missed you - be well!

Can't believe it's Humpday already, time flies, for sure.
            I'm about to take off for Curves & an egg delivery (the Curves members have turned into regular egg customers - love them)

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Wednesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Halloooo fabbie near and far!

I love trash day. Esp since I cleaned out some stuff from the garage. I can open my car door all the way now.

Lav gas was ONLY $3.79 EEK! It's about $3.63 here. Do you love your ipad? I'm thinking I want to be able to get out of this room for things other than accounting. I might can get a used one from a guy who wants a new one. What do you think?

Diz, big congrats on 30 days!! :banana:

Kas, wow that's GREAT news!! Of course I selfishly thought to self.. "oh goodie, aerial photos" :H

And sunnybutt I know you must be SO excited about your lessons. You have 4 this spring, right?

OK, here's a little problem. I needed some casual pants for this spring/summer. Last year's are too big. I go to store and can't find small enough in misses dept. Junior styles are too "junior" looking. I ask sales lady where would I find my size but not juniors? She looks me over and points me to designer area. WTF? Small means designer?? That's out of my price range. Any suggestions? I hate to shop so I'm in foreign territory.

TDN, I don't kow about the tired, achy stuff but the whooshing should stop. Did you ever get your insurance sorted?

OK, gotta fly.... one thing's for sure!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hellooo Fabanesies!

Dizzy.. Congrats on 30 days!!! Way to go!!! And.. you lost 3kg??? :shocked:
                Damn girl... congrats on that, too! :H

MumOf2... :blush: Forgive me... been crazy around here.. I'll send a detailed report after the weekend! Haven't forgot about you!

TDN... here's to a good day at work with various appliances springing into action for you!

GreenQueen, I've got 3 clinics between this weekend and the end of May - Can you say "Owwweeeee, my butt/legs/back hurts? :H

Hello to Almost, Fly, M3, Lav and everyone else yet to appear! One thing is for sure!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello friends,

Just popping in to say :goodjob: to Dizzy! Loved the Starbucks pics and descriptions. I am with Sunny--I never know what to ask for there. It is a nice treat once in awhile, although I would have to drive a couple of hundred miles to the nearest one. Besides, the lines are always long besides being overpriced! Our coalition is planning a coffee/smoothie bar for the Post prom party and the kids are actually kind of excited! We want to keep it fairly simple, but have some fun plans for dressing up the drinks and decorating--Friends" style!

Awesome news Kaslo and 3DN on the job front!

My latest goal is to be out of the house and at the cemetery by 8:30 am. It hit 90 degrees yesterday so gotta get there a leetle earlier! I had to come home and take a nap. Later on it was beautiful working on my patio and planting trees until....we must have gotten your wind down here Sunny!!!! Holy moly!

Anyway, have a great day everyone, and you are all welcome to meet up here in 2014. We will gather around my new firepit--it should be done by then!:H:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Fablavas and Fabladees. No time to chat, gotta run, but wishing everyone a super AF day, and one thing is for sure.

Dont you just love this time of the year??,... no matter where you are, fall or spring, its just special and that is all.

Kaslo
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas - you are right about this time of year being special. Today I am going topless to celebrate the coming of spring here on the ice cube. Now - this does not mean I am scaring (or SCARRING) people by taking off my shirt - I've got a hot black convertible and my rule is...once it hits 40 the lid goes down. I did cheat earlier this week and went topless at 38 degrees, but hey....that's why there's a heater, right?

There's still lotsa snow in the front yard, but green things are coming up in the back. Maybe I will wander down there to see what's emerging. I heard that we are NOT going to have a delayed growing season because of the record snow. In fact, my master gardener friends are expecting a rapid green up because the ground won't take as long to warm up thanks to the insulating snow cover that has hung around so long. So come on Tulips....you can sprout up any time now!

Ride, Sunni, Ride! Now THAT is worth the disc space to video. Which horse are you going to be working with?

DBee - you're wings are growing! Way to go on this first huge milestone.

Shue...if you're out there reading...we're missing you. And Fly....you land your butt right back here as soon as possible. It's not right to work so hard that you can't even read here!

Okay - the work alarm is blaring. My boss is a biatch! LOL

Sprinkling all of you with sparkly happiness dust.... It is just marvelous to feel ALIVE and AF!!!!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Dizzzyyyyyy, outstanding job on 30 days, keep them coming.

And I loved my virtual Starbucks this morning.

I am back from my business trip and I'm bushed. Did not drink ... Came home to find hubby bought more white wine, opened a bottle and had only one glass last night and left the rest in the fridge. As I looked at the "evidence" of his drinking on his own it dawned on me that he is not likely to understand my fight. I was exhasted past the point of caring ... Other times I might have drank anyway, not today. I moved all AL in the outdoor fridge, the attic was too far up.

I took junior and dog out for a walk after the rain stopped and felt instantly better.

Now, hubby away, junior is cuddled up in my bed with the 2 kitties and I am not kicking any of the critters out of the bed. Hump day is finally gone.

I read all your posts on my Blackberry, in between meetings, you guys keep me centered.

Big kiss good night
                        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

I work in a real life coffee shop but still loved the virtual starbucks. I like a nice organic double espresso in the morning, stimulates the central nervous system. It sure beats the gin and tonic tinnies I used to breakfast on in the bad old days
                          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

I'm lad you liked the Starbucks, Raven. In SA we have a Vida e Cafe, we don't even have Starbucks but I remember it well from London.

So glad you're back Shue. Don't tell the others but I actually just kept forgetting what they wanted so I thought let them order it themselves. Good on you for resisting the wine. Its a struggle though, eh?

I'm feeling very sorry for myself tonight and I don't really want to talk about it here out of some sort of loyalty but I did send bf an email saying that if certain things dont change he wont hear from me again. I did not ask him to grow a third arm but asked him to put in more effort like he used to, that I deserve someone who lives life to the full, and that I am at a point in my life where I cannot be with someone who is not willing to make at least some healthier lifestyle choices.

I may still very well go visit him if he makes amends so I ask that you don't all assume he's awful. Right now its just a case of 'If it was the right thing to say, then why does it hurt so bad.' The thing is we dated in London for 6 months and got together again a year ago and people here have only seen him once or twice so I can't openly complain about him to them because then they just get excited about me staying. And I cant talk about it to my mom as she's just lying in bed staring at the ceiling.

I guess I agree with what my friend said. The ball is in his court. If he loves me he will be willing to make some adjustments and then I can go visit for a 6 months trial period while I keep renting here. If he's not willing to compromise, its better he breaks my heart now than later, even if it feels like I was the one instigating it.

Tears and cinnamon sprinkles,

XOX

Comment

Aw Dizzy,
                              I've been married to a 'dead' man for just about 39 years now.......
                              Don't get yourself stuck to someone who doesn't want to really Live Life!

Raven, the thought of gin & tonic for breakfast makes me cringe
                              Glad those days are over, huh?

Greenie, two things -
                              I do love the iPad for some things. I would never trade my good old computers though. I'm still trying to figure out the iPad (guess I should just ask the 3yr old for a demo - he seems to know all about it :H )
                              I would send you to eBay for designer pants - no kidding!
                              Did I ever mention that my daughter bought her beautiful, brand new wedding dress on eBay for $100. I see people selling used/refurbished iPads on eBay as well
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X