Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - week 1

Happy May Guys

We have transformed from geese to flowers and what a wonderful bright and diverese bunch we are. Lets make May a month for wonderful growth and nurture ourselves the way we would our gardens.

A BIG :welcome: to Dizzy Bee and Daya
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

May Flowers - week 1

whoo whoo! Thanks Chill! This month is going to be Maytabulous for us all!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning, May people!
      I have to make an effort to come here more often. I usually post on the AF Daily thread, but like to read the posts here, too, so here's to checking in more regularly!
      I "know" a bunch of you anyway and hope to get to know everyone else, too!
      Back later.
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

hey all .... happy MAY...
        Awwe May, really its the perfect month. not too hot not too cold, flowers are coming up. leaves on trees. the kids start paying outside.. (is there no better sound than listening to kids playing in the street.. laughing screaming having a grand ole time.?) its my favorite thing. and Oprah can't give that away...
        it's the time we start to BBQ or Grill... (for whichever country you live in) in the South US i was TOLD "BBQ is what we eat, grilling is how its cooked" LOL

I will stay focused on the positive and not get into the bad things like draft beer on patios and cocktails by the pool... NAH i won't mention that...

Just the kids playing outside, evenings cool enough for just a light sweater, having cup of tea on the front porch after dinner.....

Awwwwe May, i missed you.. welcome home

caper
        caper
        AF since Sept 2013...
        :alf:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi everyone

:welcome: Dizzy, Daya and Caper. Thanks for getting us started Chill, hope we all bloom during the coming month.

Lashing rain again this morning but got a short walk in. Just been to WW and lost 2lb. So pleased, have to remain strict as I have only 2.5lb to go to get to goal! Its been a long battle but as our leader said this morning, the important thing was not giving up and to keep trying. Same as with Al.

Daughter still home studying so this is just a quick check in. Will catch up on all the posts later.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hey everyone
            I'm having a bit of a miserable start to this day as both my parents are ill and there are still some really nasty vibes between my bf. This of course means its really hard to focus on work and I'm already so far behind I don't know where to start. Well I guess AF IS a start... Will check back later to get to know everyone a bit later.
            DB
            :h

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson,

Welcome May!
              Welcome Daya, Dizzy and Caper,

The promise of a new month is wonderful!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hello all - just had a post (which included yesterday's which I never got posted) when I lost it all. Ah well...

It's been a bit frantic here - went to Newark airport during rush hour on Friday to pick up HB after his 6-week absence, Sunday went into NYC (Harlem!) to see a friend's performance; and am doing my best to re-calibrate to having another person around (an adorable, but extremely interruption-prone and random-abstract personality). Life always has such interesting arrangements....

Welcome May flowers all - thanks Chill for our start to the month. Hello to Dizzy, Daya, Caper and good to see you TDN. (Dizzy, it does feel strange sometimes to deal with life issues while AF, but hang in there and you'll get the hang of it!)

I feel like we're in a tidy craft, and Chill has given us a gentle push to move us out into the current. We'll travel together into a beautiful month, passing blossoming trees and river banks sporting hillsides of flowers. Happy blooming everyone.
                to the light

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning May Flowers,

Getting drizzled on this morning but that's OK!
                  Welcome to Dizzy, Caper, Daya & greetings to TDN

Thanks for starting us up chill!
                  Hope you see the sun at some point today rustop. We're expecting some this afternoon around these parts.
                  Greetings papmom, Dill & cyn!

Dizzy, if I can go thru what I did two years ago without resorting to AL - I know you can too!
                  Take a look at G's post from this morning
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...nce-63714.html

Have a terrific AF Tuesday one & all :heartsnflowers:
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning, budding May Flowers!

It actually looks as if the sun may peek through! Bonus.
                    Still stuck in taxes - uggh. I will NEVER wait until the last minute again, this I vow.

My son and g/f came at 8am to get my truck; it's moving day for them. They're gloriously excited. Good. Better them moving than me :H

Chill, thank you for getting this new thread started!
                    Pmom.. are we going to see pictures from your weekend adventure? (Or did I miss them?)
                    TDN.. get thy butt over here more often
                    Caper... your line "Just the kids playing outside, evenings cool enough for just a light sweater, having cup of tea on the front porch after dinner..... " sounds like a little bit of heaven
                    Whoohoo Rustop! You're almost there.. that must feel great!
                    Dizzy... AF is the best start you can give yourself. Hang in there, kiddo :l
                    Dilly... that's a wonderful quote! Love it!
                    Cyn, good luck with your house guest.. sounds as if it won't be boring!
                    Hello Lav and all to come!

I better get back to numbers and such. Have a happy day!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Afternoon all, after days and days of heavy rain the sun has finally come out so I'm going for a walk with Mr S.

His appt has come through and it's now for next Tuesday! Whether it's because he's been phoning and asking about private appts or not we don't know. It is a relief not to have to wait much longer!

Chill I did some NLP training as part of my job, you will love it. Enjoy the course.

Ok I'm off to get some air, catch you later

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning to my A-MAY-Zing Gracers! I love May. :h

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hello from here and welcome Caper, Daya, and Dizzy. I look forward to getting to know you as we all keep learning to savor the day and face whatever it brings with clear eyes and an open heart. Love, Ladybird.
                          may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Sunnibut-ask and you shall receive!!

DD actually took that purple toy and trotted back to his crate all proud and prancing LOL!!

Whoo Hoo! May Flowers!! Finally-a decent day at work. My boss took a big pile of shite off my hands because I finally said WTH and spoke up!! I didn't care if he thought I was whining or being a baby. I just can't do it all anymore. I do feel sort of bad that he's doing my work but really, if the man would just learn to delegate.......

On top of that, I got an email today from Job #3 that I applied for back in February! yes, I got the interview!! WHOO HOO!!!!! I've asked for the Monday morning at 11am slot. Should find out tomorrow if it is still available. Sis and I will go shopping tomorrow nite for a new suit. I'm thinking pastel spring pantsuit that will hide but flatter at the same time. Think it exists?

I also finally got my dad's boat curtains done tonite!! this was HomeEC 101 and it took freaking 5 weeks to do! WTF??? Now on to my nephews t shirt quilt!

Cyn-good to hear from you. Your traveling back and forth from CT to NY and NJ just floors me! How do you do it with such grace and humor?? Good luck with your house guest!

Lav-cold and rainy here today too. Not a fan of wet dog but what can I do? give Tildy a hug from me and my gang.

Rustop-CONGRATS on your weight loss and to be so close to your goal!! Way to go woman!! Keep up the great work!

Sooty-I'll be thinking of you and hubby all week. Hoping next Tues gets here very quickly and that Mr. Sooty holds his own until then. :l

Chill-safe travels to Scotland and then London. I know you'll have an amazing time at your workshop!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hey ho Caper, Dizzy, Almost, Fly, Dill, TDN, Rusty (glad you hear you are feeling better. You are strong girl-keep on truckin'!!) and everyone one else lurking or who I missed.

I'm almost too stoked to sleep LOL!!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hello all,

Sooty, good to hear from you. Sorry about the weather, it's changing day to day here as well.
                              Hope Mr S is OK.

Hi LBH & Fly!

papmom, nice pic
                              Fabulous on the job interview - woo hoo!!!!!
                              Hope it all goes very well for you!

Just wanted to mention something -
                              I just listen to the first of 58 speakers lined up for 'The Self Worth Summit' (Dr Rick Moss).
                              If anyone is interested in signing up, go to:
                              The Self Worth Summit

These interviews run thru Aug 9 - you can listen to some of them or all of them, free.
                              You never know what you may learn about yourself
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X