AF Daily - Wednesday May 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where Shue is but I just thought I'd open up this thread as I'm going to go offline for a couple of hours to catch up with work.

Yes it seems that addictive personalities does extend to recovery websites.

I've made some French roast and some decaf coffee and some green tea for me and whoever is brave enough to join me.

I finally had a decent night's sleep and feel soooo much better. I'll check in tonight and each and every -butt better have checked in by then.

:h:h:h

Good glorious morning, Fabbies,

Apologies for my absence, I was not missing in action, just missing THE action here.
    We had a long May 1st weekend blessed with good hiking weather. As further confirmation that my batteries were low, as soon as I stopped working I got sick – so I now have a head full of snot. Unlike many other times I did not self medicate with alcohol – instead I soaked up the sun and enjoyed my garden and a good book. 2 days ago I broke my record and drank 4 liters of Perrier. Hubby was impressed.

I did manage to have that chat with him. I asked him to remember a few times (some recent, some not so recent) – when I know he noticed just how quickly I drank the wine and how a bottle would evaporate in a few hours. I told him that while he was pacing himself, drinking water or simply stopping, I would not get any rest until the bottle was done. I said this is the difference between us. I told him how on some of those times I drove when I should not have; Again, he said that I am being way to harsh on myself that everybody did those things. I said I am not everybody, I do not like to lose control like that. Surely, he said, I can stop at one if I wanted to, he saw me doing it several times and since I was able to go without AL for such a long time then obviously I don’t have a problem, it is all in my head, just like the weight problem. He said, honey, you always exaggerate and never do things by half. Well … then so be it … take it like that, that it is all or nothing for me, I either drink myself silly or have nothing at all. I choose nothing at all. He gave me one of those indulgent looks and told me he supported me in whatever I decide.

Sorry for not posting – my internet at home is slow as treacle, I lost 2 posts on Sat on the IPad, I really lost my patience and called my provider for the umpteenth time to complain; I ended up revoking the last payment and they promptly stopped the service. Reading pages of posts on the Blackberry gets tiring very quickly.

So … Dizzzy, almost Xpost - I have the second French press full to the bream, sugar’s decaf is on the side and I have some serious catching up to do – maybe I missed a new coffee order or two.

Wishing you all a great hump day !!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Dizzy ? pot bellied pigs? Yesterday we made fresh sausages with a friend and my 2 ?jamon Serrano? are still hanging to air dry ? maybe I should not be taking part in this discussion; Sausage, I was thinking about you.

Sugar ? awesome post on the job front that someone saw a potential in you that you did not see yourself. Made me swell with joy.

Lav ? those 2 doggies are too cute for words.

Sunny ? Someone dared to tax your reality paycheck ?!?

Accountable for me ? many thanks for sharing that story, I am and still feel new to AF ? what you said gave me additional perspective;

Turn ? thank you for the bit about telling hubby ? I took inspiration from that, hope to see you in the chat room soon;

Mo3 ? I am getting my first ever yoga session next week;

Mo2 ? you know, sometimes I thank God my hubby goes to his cave; it would be awful if he moved about the house with dark could over his head; I might have to clobber him;

Pap ? Agility ? On Sunday we went on a hike along a river that had 8 rickety bridges going back and forth. My 60 kg mastiff did great, did not turn away from any of the steep small steps. Soooo ? proud of him. BTW ? the results came back from the lab ? his thyroid function is within normal levels. This means more training and socializing for which I do not have time right now.

Kalso ? with a view like your no one would believe you needed a drink to relax.

Det ? I have 2 spare bedrooms waiting for you and an outdoor kitchen in Bulgaria, the country of yoghurt. Buy ?lactobacillus bulgaricus? cultures ? they work fantastic in a yoghurt maker .

2 shift Fly, GMan, TND ? you are all in my heart in LVT?s circle of friends.
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Superlast one before work. I passed out last night after reading your updates but I didnt respond because I was in an awful panicky yucky mood. I slept soooo much better and am back to butt in...

Turnabutt - your post cheered me up no end.

Shuegeepooh - I thought it was a miniature pot bellied pig but its was not. And I too like sausage but would not have eaten my sweet 'Anna Banana' Piggie Pooh.

Hi to SugarButtFairy, ThreeButtNight, ButtAway, GreeniePooh, Sausebutt, Determibutt, Sunnibutt, Miss Science Panty butt, LavandaPooh, Papmom3butt, Momof3butt and Momof2butt, (I just couldnt write it any other way...) and lastly all the other truant butts....

M2 - The psychiatrist did indeed agree to try Topamax on my mom seeing as it it working so well for me, so fingers crossed!

And now I can't remember who said that they couldn't remember what they wanted to commented on yesterday. Bless all our swiss cheese brains.

Now that I have the word butt and the occasional pooh out of my system I need to work.

Yours AF,
        Dizzypooh

PS: Please don't kick me out of the thread.

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy Humpday

On the run to Curves, egg delivery, watching grandsons this afternoon, etc, etc.
          Will be back later. Wishing everyone a great AF day!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Absters. Shue, Diz and Lav...Hi and have a great day. After yesterdays meeting where I received an email saying that the project management want to "discuss my role" i.e. youre fired, and all they wanted is yet another major re-write....(they want it to be like what I wrote in 2008), I am a bit drained and tired but at least I did not resort to mind altering substances last night.

This photo reflects my mood....

I AM joking, I am sure y'all realize

OTIFS

Kaslo, BS.
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Good Morning! Kas, this photo is beautiful. Looks peaceful. Have a great day, everyone!
              Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Oh Kas :l

I know you are joking, Ms Science P, BUT if I was to analyse the log I would say that 3/4 of it is still afloat.
                You are much stronger than even you realise.

My dad has these brilliant photos of these trees growing in the Kariba dam in Zimbabwe. This is not his photo as his are in slide format (I'll try and find it for you) but if we were going to take the symbolism further it goes to show that it is possible to stay alive and afloat no matter how much rain life throws our way

Comment

Wow, beautiful analogy photos here, this morning!

Hello everyone (I'll refrain from the butts and poohs.. for now) :hallo:

Good news on the tax front: I'm not late... since I'm self employed I have until June 15th.
                  Bad news on the tax front: Yep, I'mma gonna pay dearly. And, they will charge interest from April 30th on. Realized that this is the first tax year without dependents. Hurts but I ain't restocking :H

Real quick here, before I forget:
                  Shue... Let him indulge you; at least he's supportive You just do what you need to do.
                  Pmom... Yay! Thank you for the pic and congrats on the interview! That purple toy was his prize, was it?
                  Mum2... looking forward to your report!
                  Dizzy... awesome news on the Topa for your mom. Now, let's hope it does its thing!
                  Good morning Lav, Kas, MtnMomma (we got a lot of maternal names here, eh?) and all to come.

Shout out to DG... lift thy head from thy papers and give a quick wave!

Over and out and OTISF!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Damn, after a good start, I feel so panicky today. And when I get panicky I panic, as I once had a 'panic episode' which got really hairy and ended up with me in bed for a week. I even heard a demonic voice, and yes that was the only time and the doc said she thinks its because I couldn't eat or sleep for 5 days straight so it was just exhaustion.

I'm trying to not think of work anymore (even though that makes me panic as I'm really behind and panics that I may lose clients...) and drink chamomile tea, and had a nice warm bath, did everything, even had some dark chocolate and tried to nap but this panic monster is eating away at me.

My dad tried to manipulate me into going over by saying if I don't take him to the shops (my mom won't get out of bed) he will drive himself. He isn't allowed to drive because of epilepsy but obviously he can drive. I stood firm though as I can't even trust myself to drive right now. Argh, I don't know what to do...

:durn:

Comment

Quick pop in to say hello. Shue. So glad you are back. This momof3 was a bit worried about you!

Adios
                      M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

How come do quiet here today?

Had a good day, busy but good.
                        Grandsons are arriving at 7 am tomorrow! This is my DIL's final week. In class & her internship for the semester, thank goodness. She's been offered a part time summer job so I guessing will be watching the kids some.

Shue, we were starting to worry about you, glad you re OK!

Dizzy, hope y ou got dome work done

Kaslo, we all think you are the best, hope you know that!!!!!!

Greetings to MtnMomma, M3 & Sunni.

Need to chill out or a bit t hen go to bed. This granny is tired :H
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Awwe, thanks Lav. No i dint know that. Have fun with the kids. Got a call from my grandson today, who told me all about how he was in trouble for sticking a plastic toy skateboard into the dishwasher handle so that it could not be opened. DW is a brand new gift from me, too. He was unbowed, as you would expect a two year old to be.

love

kas
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

:wavin:

I'm just awfully busy at the moment w/ various things. Going on little vacation Sat for a week and will be out of touch. Million things to wrap up beforehand.

Love yourself and be true to yourself!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hidey Ho Fabbers!!

Kas-yes you are absolutely the best and so are your pics! Feck the management!!

Sunni-yes that was his prize for being a newbie!!

Shue-welcome back and good on ya for being honest with your hubby. No one gets it but us and that is OK as long as loved ones are supportive even if clueless.

Sugar-did you have the interview yet?

Dizzy-great pic and great analogy! Thank you!

Lav-you make me tired :H

TDN-how did work go today?

Blonde-where are ya???

Greenie-safe travels! We'll miss ya

Hey M3 and MtMomma and Mom2!!

Did I miss anyone? Det, DG, Almost, Fly, Turn-howdy!!

So my sis and I were at the mall tonite and we finally found a gorgeous suit at Macy's plus some new chinos and a red polo for the new demo job. Just finished trying everything on and were heading towards check out when an announcement came over the PA to evacuate the store! What to do? Can't walk out without paying (pretty much could have tho-the store had been abandoned!!) so I left everything on the register counter with a note saying to please hold the collection and call me as we had to evacuate.

Got outside to find out the Disney store was on fire!! My sis will go back tomorrow and pay for the clothes and drop them off at my house (if there is still a Macys!!). I have to get the pants and jacket sleeves shortened but I have time as my interview was moved to the 14th due to some scheduling conflict. I'll take it as suit pickings were mighty slim!! Bad news is the size is now an 18. Oiy! This piggy can't go to market anymore!!

Went to dinner at Olive Garden after and just got home about 20 min. ago. time to feed the zoo and get to bed!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X