Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday, May 18th

Good morning, affies,

My mood is not normally affected by the weather, but seriously … 7 degrees Celsius in mid May was not in my contract. It’s been like this for a week now … my new flower beds are soaked and my bougainvillea has kindly asked me to return her back to Greece.

I am having a bit of a clean-up day in work, bits and bobs that never get done usually – like personal finance and filing.

The French press is ready for you, I also have a huge pot of tea to share with Pap later. Sugarbee, your decaf is outside, next to the shovel:H.

TND … 180 days is fantastic. You truly are an inspiration … Keep those nice thoughts coming, I love to be here in AF daily with you. I made a Pavlova for you but I cannot guarantee drool free delivery … my son gets quite excited.

Dizzy
    … I am sending you my elves to clean your house for your mom's visit.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Strawberry sorbet experiment (take #3)
    • 2 cups chopped strawberries (approx. 400 g)
    • 1 egg whiteJuice of 1 lemon4 tbsp. powder sugar
    Put all ingredients in the blender ? mix until smooth. (The egg white should make it a bit foamy). Put into the ice-cream machine (for mine about 20 min was enough - do not leave for too long as the egg white foam would gather on top).
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning all!

Shue- thank you so much for sharing your recipe! I'll write it down immediately.

TDN- big, big WOOT! 180 days is fantastic! Give yourself a huge hug.

Det- get some sleep. I yawned just reading your post.

Hubby gets home today. I'm going to actually make a homemade dessert. He and my daughter both love dessert. Me, I'll take salt. I'm like a deer. Just throw a salt lick in the back yard and I'm good to go. Ok, not really.

If I hadn't already bought the ingredients, I'd make Shue's tasty treat. I like to cook but a baker, I'm not. I won't be much of a Julia Childs (ok I never was) from this day forward, since I'll be in the throws of an inspection, boxes and all the fun things associated with a move.

Happy Friday to all.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Howdee abbers,

Big news over on the undies thread..Sunny (sunshinetoday) had a healthy baby boy...we have an undie baby YAH Mum and bub are doing great.

:greatjob2: on the 180days TDN, what an amazing achievement, you must be so proud

Kaslo, loving the pics as always, thanks for showing us the beauty

Almost - congrats on the house sale, good luck with the packing (rather you than me LOL)

Pap3 - holding thumbs for you for the job

Dizzy - great to see your mum is feeling better, did they change her meds?

Shue, Sunny, Sugar, Det, Turn, LVT (and I know I am going to forget someone...) have a fab friday. Mine is over YAH.

Busy horsey weekend ahead...but one thing is for dam sure

xx

Comment

Morning everyone
          Shue that Pavlova looks great and I am going to take a note of the sorbet recipie too. Let us know how your desert turns out Almost - what are you making?
          Huge congratulations to TDN on 180 days / 6 months AF. Look forward to hearing how your 6 month coin presentation goes.
          Fingers crossed for you for the job Pap.
          Hi to everyone else too.
          Lots to do, have already been food shopping and swimming.
          Have a great AF day

Sausage x
          Day 85

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
            Nice sunny morning here, and supposed to get nice and warm today! Sorry, Shue!:upset: We've had many days like the one you are describing, and I am not happy whne that happens!
            Thanks for all the good wishes on my 180 days! I will get my coin today and add it to my collection And I am writing a note to my counselor at rehab to thank her again for helping me find "my way out." And the support I get from all of you every day is such an important part of my recovery!! I can't wait for a meet up date so that we can all meet each other in person!!
            I am going for a walk in a few minutes. Have been noticing how beautiful everything is at this time of year. After all the rain, things are GREEN--really green! And we have a cardinal nesting in a tree outside the back door, and it is so beautifu to watch. A year ago I would have been too absorbed in my drinking to care much about that.
            Mum2, meant to say that I'm happy that you are feeling better!
            Lav, a pic of Matilda would be most welcome!!
            Okay--off to throw on some clothes for my walk!
            Will check back later, and wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi, Sausage!
              Wanted to say that I envy your energy!!!
              Shue, the pavlova is exceptionally yummy!! Thanks!!
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Have been up for ages thanks to doggie emergencies, watched the sun rise outside with Matilda!

My guests are sleeping in a bit this morning, good for them
                Not sure what we are doing today but I think we will stop in the Amish market for some goodies.

Shue, nice pic & great looking dessert!

Greetings Almost, Mum, Sausage, TDN & everyone!
                Hope everyone has a great day ahead

The weather is fabulous here, I hope to be outside as much as possible. Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone
                  Just a quick check in to say I?m up to my eye balls in work but I?ll check in later to catch up again.
                  Lots of love and positive busy buzzes,
                  Dizzy
                  :h

Comment

Hello friends and strangers

I have been working my a$$ off!! Well, I wish it worked that way. I have been spending most of my time at the cemetery trying to get it ready for the big weekend. It won't rain here (Shue--send some of yours our way) so I am trying to irrigate to green things up. It is just my friend and I ( she won't hire the teenagers), so I'm also having to do lots of the stuff I usually hire them to do. She works full time so she has been able to help only in the evenings and some weekends. I'm taking a little time this morning to start on my garden though.

I have been reading all of your posts in the evenings. There are lots of comments I wanted to make, but now I forget. Sounds like everyone is doing really well working through life the sober way, and we all know that is the only way to go!!:l

Have a great weekend all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Sausage- I made a cross between peanut butter pie and cheesecake. It's actually a reduced fat recipe even though it sounds like a 4000 calorie recipe. I suppose if one ate the entire thing that it would be well OVER 4000. I will refrain.
                      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Almost - sounds yummy even if it is high in calories. Have never had a peanut butter pie or cheesecake! Would love the recipe.

Comment

Congratulations TDN!!

Six months is fantastic!

Comment

Shue--That looks fabulous! Drool, drool, slobber. Can you tell I'm starving? :H

Almost--I hear you on the salt thing. I'm the same way. I never was one for dessert. I have an easy peanut butter pie recipe that my nephews and niece were crazy about!

MumOf2--Sounds like you are doing great!

Sausage--The dreaded food shopping. I can't stand doing that. Probably my most hated chore!

TDN--I love watching the birds in our backyard. We have a couple feeders set up and I have 2 bird books. Love to identify new ones.

Lav--I don't know where you get all of your energy. Can you spare a bit? :H One of these days we've got to get together and hit those outlets.

Busy-busy Dizzy-dizzy! Come back when you're done.

LVT--Staying busy is a good thing. Keeps your mind from thinking too much. I wish I could work my ass off too! :nutso:

Just got home from work at 5:30 and I really should haul my ass to the grocery store, but oh do I hate grocery shopping. And the store is a half hour drive one way. Don't. Want. To. Go. :upset:

Comment

in yet another hotel tonight, this one is the most sleazy I've been in this year. yikes.
                              hopefully I get to go home tomorrow.

after 12 hours on my feet at the show I had to babysit my boss and other workmates as they drank martinis. jeeez I hate that. sorry to complain. just feeling a bit down and tired and really worn out.
                              should be my chipper self in a day or two in my own bed.

good to see you all, rest well and keep up the great AFness zzzzzz
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X