Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Saturday, May 19

Good morning, Abbers!

Even though I got to bed at midnight, doggy Bud had me up at 5:45:upset: Thank God I don't have a hangover!!!
    Had great day yesterday. Got my 6 month coin at AA, which was wonderful. But found out that one of the guys--whom I've known for years--had gotten a DUI Tuesday night. He had two DUIs before, lost his license for 18 months the last time and had to have the Interlock device for another year. Just got it removed a couple of months ago. I knew he wasn't completely abstinent, even though he'd gotten his two yr coin last month, as he metioned to me and my husband that he could have a beer now and then He is going to be in serious trouble now--jail time, etc. He was at the meeting, but didn't say anything. He looked pretty awful. He already has problems with his wife. His BAC was only .09, and DUI is .08 or higher.
    Went to a dinner party at our friends' last night, and I knew that all other eight people would be drinking. I brought a new soda I'd bought--cranberry and orange--and was actually hapy with that! It wasn't my first time with the same group, but I was a little nervous. But these are god friends who have stood by me and I respect the fact that they don't have this disease and should not have to abstain because of me. We had a great time, with lots of songs on the player piano and Mr TDN singing and some dancing, too. Nobody was drunk, but I thought of how they probably could have gotten a DUI on the way home if stopped.
    Have to be at work at 9:00 and will be there until 5:00. My AA pal is working with me for most of the day, so we'll have a chance to talk.
    Have a great AF day, everyone!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning Abbers,

I'm up early again today as well TDN
    My grandson EB stayed overnight & a 3 1/2 yr old just can't wait to get his day started!
    Sorry about your friend....he will have to learn the hard way that he indeed does not have control over AL Glad you enjoyed your dinner party! Have a good day at work

Playing it by ear today, no big plans. The weather is very nice so I'm sure there will be lots of outside time.
    Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning ( now just into the aftmoon here!) Abbers

Well I was up bright and early taking my daughter to a swimming club time trial at 8.30. Isn't if funny how children ( and grandchildren - thinking of you Lav!) get us up bright and early and keep us occupied.

Congratulations TDN on your 6 month coin. That's really sad about the guy from your group and the DUI. Do you think there are many people collecting coins although they are not completely abstinent?

Well better get lunch,, lots to do, will drop by later. Hi to everyone else still to come.

Sausage x
      Day 86

Comment

Fabinis! Its still morning here in the Pacific Standard time zone. Thenk yew. Big CONGRATS to TDN. The guy in your group needs intervention. It sounds like he is in total denial about his problem. Jail time sounds really harsh. But thats the law and I support it actually.

Hello Lav of the wakeful grandboy. I miss my gks. But I have to work so thats that.

Big shout to Sausage as well. You remind me that I didnt have a lot of spare time for my kids and was away a LOT.

And to all others. I must work this holiday weekend on that same paper from hell. But it will be over soon. If I get a chance I may go to Nelson and buy a ladies trail bike. Hmmm. Note to K:Try not to kill self.

One thing is for sure.

Kaslo
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

G'day FABulous peeps...

After my attempt at morning meditation...I come here. I really appreciate all of you...you help make my day...wonderful and, of course, help keep me on course!

TDN congratulations on your 6th month milestone. That is a big one. You have done a lot of growing in this time. I am impressed by your insight and strength. After reading your post about the fellow at AA who has '2 years' but has a beer 'now and then' it struck me that the difference between you and him is that you have completely accepted that alcohol is not an option for you ever again. Seems like that's one of the keys in remaining free of this addiction once and for all...as opposed to now and then. And the difference between struggling with sobriety and soaring in this new life.

MUM2....way to go on your 100 days (104 or 105 now?) that is another important milestone. You now have the ability to bring clear thinking to the decisions and changes that you are contemplating in your life right now. ((((HUGS))))

Okay...I'm already behind schedule for a Saturday! My daughter is up here for a quick visit and that is marvelous.

Wishing the best to all who pass through....It's just FABulous to be able to head through the day...unhung and full of gratitude for having another day!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Quick hidy-ho from cell phone at a quaint little indian restaurant on the way
            Home. Yay! Got a little sleep last night and feeling loads better.
            Curry flavored hugs all around.
            Be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello There Fabber Abbers!!

It is a gorgeous and sunny day here in Northern VA. Starting a vegetable garden this weekend.

TDN. BIG CONGRATS ON 6 MOS. This is a wonderful achievement. I agree with Kas that your AA friend needs a bit of an intervention and he sounds like he is in total denial (he can have a beer now and then ). He was over the legal limit for drinking even if it was by a small amount. Perhaps this consequence will be what he needs to realize that he is an alcoholic.

Hello to Kas, Sausage, Det, Lav and all to come.
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Hello my friends

Just boppin in to checkin. Just like Shue we're having silly cold weather here in May, I had a good look at it yesterday when shue made me have my coffee outside withthe shovel

Apart from the weather all is good, I was in Galway yesterday doing a wee bit of work with my Dad, Murphy's law was following me around and at about 1 o'clock I said feckit I can only do my best to get everything done, I can do it stressed or not stressed, and the outcome will be the same but my peace of mind will be different, I had a choice and I choose to relax and get on with it. I felt much better for it. Something else happened to me today I started worrying about frendships, work, life in general, my head went on a small headspin, so I decided to not give the head spin to much attention, get through it although uncomfortable but not give it so muh worth and analysis and it helped. I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm learning to stop self-sabotaging, I'm banging away at these bad subconscious habits, they've not gone away over night but I'm aways reminding myself that I have a choice.

Righteo that's my good self for now, hope you're all havin a super day and a big shout again to TND, I hope you're showering yourself with pats on the back, 6 months is a fabulous achievement
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Turnagain;1319266 wrote: G'day FABulous peeps...

Wishing the best to all who pass through....It's just FABulous to be able to head through the day...unhung and full of gratitude for having another day!
                  Amen Turn. Amen
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

Re Turns words, above. May i just add Hallelulah to Mof3s Amens, as well. Might even break into a Leonard Cohen song complete with being off key. Sugar, well done. What ever it takes to get you to the point where you no longer tell yourself that AL is an improvement. NOT. Det, glad you emerged from Martini hell unscathed. You are getting stronger and stronger. ANd I dont just mean garlic aroma either, bud.

Live from the Kootenay Region, this is your Kaslo wishing you all a fine evening.
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Real late and real quick check-in... outdoor work in the dark sucks. Floodlights, I say.

TDN.. super big congrats on 6 months AF! And sad about the AA guy. You're right, I think... many people could end up with a DUI if stopped. It's truly risky business, going out and drinking anything these days.

Going to look for a movie now and rest my creaking tired bones. Good night, friends... have a fabulous Sunday tomorrow if I don't make it checking in!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey Fabbers!! Late again today but better late than never!

Sugar-my nephew was in Galway yesterday too! Not sure if he's still there. He's got an awful case of homesickness and it hasn't even been a week yet!! Hope it gets better for him!

Turn, M3-chiming in with my Amens!!

TDN-wow-can't beleive the denial that guy is in!! I sure hope he gets it now. I'm sure glad you do!!

Lav-are you still alive?

Det-you are doing great bud!! Glad you're home for a bit!!

Shue, Sausage, Fly, Almost (of the soon to be empty house)-hey ho to you as well! Thanks for the tea this week Shue-I really needed it!

Great day today! Even tho I was still being trained, it was my demo and since my trainer didn't show up until 11:30 (went to the wrong store), It really was MY demo! It wasn't super busy but busy enough. After that I went to my bro's house (10 min up the road) and he PUT ON MY HITCH RECEIVER!!!! WHOO HOO THE PAPMOBILE CAN NOW TOW THE PAPHUT!!

It was harder than we thought but he finally got her done and I did my part by plugging in the wiring harness to the tail lights. What? I had to unscrew the covers and everything!! He even gave me an extra hitch/ball combo and hopefully it will fit. I will be practicing backing up the jeep to the trailer's tow bar for many days! :H

They invited me to stay for a bit and watch the Preakness which I accepted happily. It was fun! Their friends joined us and brought their brand new poodle puppy. Red fur and the mellowest dog I've ever seen!!

Up and at 'em early tomorrow. Must be at graduation by 9. Sigh....zzzzz...
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                        X