Does any1 suffers with Gout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last few weeks i have been having a lot of pains and stiffness in my joints i looked up and read about arthritis but i come across Gout the reason why i though about this is because of the pain i'm havin in my big toe, i have no swelling where i have pain and stiffness in my joints. The Question i wanted to ask, does any1 suffer with Gout because you can get this if your a Alcoholic as well ? Been to GP going to have a blood this, so must not jump the gun...
    Will look forward to reading your replies.

Catch22.x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

catch22;1321614 wrote: The last few weeks i have been having a lot of pains and stiffness in my joints i looked up and read about arthritis but i come across Gout the reason why i though about this is because of the pain i'm havin in my big toe, i have no swelling where i have pain and stiffness in my joints. The Question i wanted to ask, does any1 suffer with Gout because you can get this if your a Alcoholic as well ? Been to GP going to have a blood this, so must not jump the gun...
    Will look forward to reading your replies.

Catch22.x
    Hi catch! I personally have never suffered from gout, but I have heard that tart cherry juice is the thing to drink to cure it. Or eat cherries. I suspect that if you plug it into a search engine, you'll come up with some recommendations. I hope you feel better! Oh, and yes....it can be caused by drinking.

Comment

Thanks Fennel,
      For that information, while waiting for test results will buy that right now. On supplements for bones and joints dont seem to work, so will give anything a go x
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi Catch. I get gout. Not much anymore but I used to especially when I drank beer.
        You don't really have classic gout symptoms.
        Normally you get gout it's in your big toe. It feels like you broke it except much worse. Can't even put a sheet over it.
        You can get it in other spots but it's usually very sharp and not generalized. I think if you had gout, you'd know it. Be glad you don't. It sucks.

So geez, it could be lots of other things. Good excuse to buy a hot tub.

Comment

I've had severe gout a couple of times, years ago. It does follow a pattern though, it will almost always start in a toe or your ankle and then if it goes further it will go to the knee next then hip, elbow, wrist and knuckles on the same side of the body that it started. If it's going to progress like that it will usually happen quickly and you can feel it progressing through each of the joints. For most people though it never goes past the ankle joint. It can also feel as though your joints are crumbling when there is pressure on them (like walking) but the the rest of the time they just hurt like hell. HTH

Comment

Hi Catch--how did you make out? Gout does not have to be alcohol related although it often is. Rich foods are also a big culprit. High protein and sweet treats. I always recommended the dark cherry juice as Fennel suggested and to increase results substantially add some alfalfa tabs or pH lowering supplement. Go high the first few days and then reduce to maintenance a few more.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Ugh, I drank 64 oz of cherry juice the other day in 2 sittings straight down. Still got the gout.
              Turns out even when you quit drinking you can still get it while your body sorts things out.
              So tired of it. I can barely walk my dog let alone go for a hike.
              I think I am going to go back go allopurinol. Never ever got it when I took that.

Comment

eliminate all sugar, and avoid other simple carbs as much as possible and you'll be well on your way to a natural recovery. or 150% of your money back
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Update, Thanks folks for your info
                  Am so please to be told i have not got gout. :-)
                  I really feel for you COSGringo and drinkingal it must be so painful :l :l
                  I do have a bit of inflammatory in my blood count its a bit like having a cut . I thought i was good with pain must be getting old..
                  Just waiting for x rays on my hands and wrist. Do feel a bit like a freud dont know why...
                  Yes have to cut dwn on my sugar sweets cakes ect ect again !! coz of my cholesterol, GP going to stop my cholesterol to see if there is a differents in the pain and also going to change my cholesterol tablets....
                  I think i need to go back to work now ....:H

Comment

catch, when I was drinking heavily I didn't even notice pain but when I started to cut down it was like I had all these aches and pains that i didn't even realise I had. I don't know how old you are but getting older sucks because your joints especially seem to start playing up. I hope you find some relief and the doctor can help :l

Comment

12 days straight with debilitating gout. I cant even stand more than a few minutes. Water, cherry juice, baking soda no help. Took too much naprosyn and got edema. Doctor on Tuesday. If he has to amputate I am on board at this point. No booze and my health sucks. Good times. Not to mention everything around me is burning up in flames. Say bye to Colorado.

Comment

I would suggest trying some colchicine to knock it out. Indomethacin helps with the pain.

Comment

Working...
                        X