Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Daily, Thursday May 24th

Good morning, fabbies,

I am still in bed but you are the first thing on my mind. I'll go down soon to make coffee and tea. I'll have mine with a huge portion of motherly love and a nice chat with my granny.

So come and get your java fix, make sure you try the cherry cake too, my mom's speciality. Let's get this day going!

Oh, and Kas, you do have the nicest office.

Have a super day!
    :h:h:h
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Wow Shue you are up early!

so am I - cant sleep - I'll have a tea please!

I was messing about on My iPad and reading on MWO.

I decided to update my story on how things are looking up for me at 3 months AF so people may like to take a look. It's in the My Story section.

Have a great AF day everyone. Back later x

Comment

Morning all

I'm still high on brain fog and cold meds. *cough*

Whaddever you do, don?d catch a cold, even if sobeone gibs id do you for free. I didn'd bean do catch id and I?m dot alone, I doe my brother hab id before me bud he?s all righd now. I?ll bedder dake some of dem aspirin and start fighnding bedder things to do with my time.

Thanks for the tea and cake, Shue.

Thanks for the story, Sauce, now I have tea, cake AND story time.

I've also wanted to click 'like' here. But Facebook makes us lazy and its nicer to receive a sentence of liking than to just see a symbol.

Lav
      - what job do you have starting. Are you cheating on the chicks?

Kas
      - loved your description of Canada. Still think you should write Photo Memoir....

Well, Det should have one too, now that he has a BEAR pic. His could be called Just Bear with me... Or the Bear necessities of travel photojournalism... :H

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!

Shue, glad you are "at home" and getting in a little relaxation. Cherry cake? That does sound yummy!
        Dizzy, sorry about the cold. That stinks, but since you are taking good care of yourself, it should go away quickly!
        Det, loved the bear pic! Haven't seen one yet this season, but neighbors have. And a momma bear was hit and kiled by a car in a neighboring town last week and they are still looking for the two cubs. We had that situation here a few years back, and the cubs were found up a tree right down the road.
        Kas--oh, that last photo from last night--so incredible!! I will try to post some pics, but don't have any talent even with my digital camera:H
        Sunnibutt, how are you doing today? You are in my thoughts, for sure. Big:l to you. Will you have Peanut this weekend? And Landen? Know how much you love that.
        Saw Blondie on FB and saw that Pap3 also commented there. She is gearing up for that cruise and seems just fine!
        Walk soon, then shower and getting ready to be at work by 10:45, where my assistant and I will continue unpac:lking the myriad of boxes that came in over the past two days!
        Have a great AF day, everybody!!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Not a bit of sunshine here today, just a lot of clouds again this morning.
          Shue, cherry cake sounds really good, thanks

Sausage, 3 months AF = awesome :yay:

Dizzy, my so-called cold seems to be on again & off again - probably an allergy!
          I hear the grass pollen is very high right now so that's probably what I'm dealing with.
          My business is embroidery/monogramming & I'm happy when I get larger (corporate) jobs. The economy tanking several years ago really put a damper on my business customers - not something I can control....

TDN, you have bears in your neighborhood too?
          We don't have any around here & that's perfectly OK with me. There must have been a lot of elk around here at one time as I live in an area called Elk Township. All I see running around here is some deer & the occasional escaped goat :H
          Hope you have a great day unpacking boxes!

Definitley will be scheduling in a granny nap this afternoon
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav - My cold is just getting worse. I think it may even be the flu. I've started taking meds as I got tired of waiting it out but as you will see if you manage to read up til the end of this post, I have managed to overdo them a bit. Congrats on the job! by the way. I bought a magazine on how to learn to crochet, I SO want one of those lovely block crochet blankets and my mom promised to make me one as a wedding present one day. Only thing is, she can't crochet, and I don't have wedding plans yet.

OK, its official, I have to lay off the cold meds. I've done nothing today really except plan Kaslo's book (that she doesn't know of) and when I just checked back in to paste my plans I misread TDN's post, I got the shock of my life...

When I read 'And a momma bear was hit and kiled by a car' I thought she meant 'Mama Bear' from the General Forum as I just read a post by her. Phew. :H There's no AL in my meds (I checked) but although its clearing up my nose, its making me loopy. :nutso:

For the planning of Kaslo's book I need a politically incorrect term for Canadians for the title....

I have work to do but I can't think straight. So I'm thinking about planning Kaslo's photo memoirs.

Don’t call it:

Photo Memoirs of a Sober X (insert above mentioned term) Brick Shit House

Rather call it

Photo book of a Self Confessed Miss Science Panties

Ideas for chapters. I just randomly remembered or searched for little bits I found particularly interesting and would like for you to elaborate on. Of course there’s lots more but alas, my nap is calling.
            • How my asshole brothers made me who I am today. - Speaking of bros, I have two, both of them are painful, similar to Lavs. They are ex airline pilots now retired, and are quite aggressive and domineering. Used to be in charge of a huge airplane I guess. And also, assholes. They are assholes, that is. Not that they are in charge of assholes. That would be silly. They order their wives around, and their adult children still cower. But when I was a kid, it was hide out in the pasture or corn fields, or orchard or hill side or creek or the barns some where. Thats why I am miss science panties today.
            • Of beaches at day time and bitches of days. - Well those were my beaches yesterday, and it was a bitch of a day.
            • The moral of the story, how not to pay more money for what’s really just a box of farts.Something about the Daffodils crushed by black bear arse ends...they are napping on my front lawn, the bastards. Black bears that is, not the daffodils.Something about verraniki, halupshi, sour cream and borcht country, but VODJA NYET.How to write effortless dialogue for someone who has a cold (It took me an hour! But as a writer I can write that off as research, ha!)

See you have already started writing a book. With a bit of my clever editing.

Title: Canada: Come live here.

Subtitle:
            It’s not a wasteland. It’s very beautiful. And very big.

Foreword:
            We as Canadians soft spoken, left leaning, gas guzzling, global warming, ATV ripping contractor, closet racist, SOBs. We conservative folk should not be messed with however. We resent American Imperialism but love the fact that we kicked butt in 1812. We’re not super religious but we thankfully do support woman’s rights as long as they do the dishes and don’t complain about the hockey too much.

OK, now I will stop and go take a nap before I do further harm to your writing. :H

PS:
            Please don't kill me.

Comment

:H Dizzy
              You did purdy good, actually! :H

Hello Fabs and Fabbinis,

I be well, thank you all for your concern. Needed to get it out of my system, I guess. I hope I'm not rubbing anyone the wrong way but I feel rather unapologetic. I wasn't a big disaster and I don't feel I fell off the wagon; this is still the life I want and will pursue.

And now I need to get back to work, do some running around this afternoon and head to a horsemanship demonstration tonight. Then Saturday and Sunday, more horses. The same trainer I went to work with a month ago is here this weekend. So, groundwork one day, riding the next... whoohooo! I'mma gunna hurt again! :H

TDN.. nope, not this weekend - but the assorted nuts will be here next weekend

Ok, I better scurry. So much to do today. Have a fabulous day, rain or shine.. and one thing is for sure!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hmmm... as the clock just turned 9pm here and my cold meds have worn out, and the crickets have stopped their cricking?, and the rain frogs have started whatever rain frogs do...and NO ONE has made any more replies to this thread....

Let me just say that Kaslo, what I wrote earlier today was as a 100% tribute to you even though I realise you may find it a bit annoying. I realise its still early in the day for you and that my guilty conscience is therefore a bit, well, early, but I just wanted to clarify this. I will therefore leave any further attempts at book writing squarely in your capable hands.

Oh, and I'm really going to bed this time. If my brain was working I would slip in an intelligent quote here but I would leave that up to my new signature. I really do love that book.

:l

Comment

HILARIOUS! And all true of course!

love
                  Kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Well I'm sitting here thinking about how I'd like to have a drink right now. GAH!

Comment

FlyAway;1322456 wrote: Well I'm sitting here thinking about how I'd like to have a drink right now. GAH!
                      It's just a thought. It will go away. Do something to distract yourself. Eat, drink something AF and refreshing. I just can't go through that again and that is where it takes me - to that dark scary place. Life is too good to risk spending any time there.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;1322459 wrote: It's just a thought. It will go away. Do something to distract yourself. Eat, drink something AF and refreshing. I just can't go through that again and that is where it takes me - to that dark scary place. Life is too good to risk spending any time there.
                        I took some L-Glut, brushed my cat for a while, and sipped some ice water. It's passed and my cat loves me. :h:H

Comment

And you know Greenie, the thought that I can't go through that again is what kept me a non-smoker when I quit and I instantly thought the same thing about having a drink. I'm nearly 100 days into this and it took me a long time to get to the point where I even wanted to try to quit again. I'm not going to do it again! It's too hard and seems to get harder each time.

Comment

FlyAway;1322470 wrote: And you know Greenie, the thought that I can't go through that again is what kept me a non-smoker when I quit and I instantly thought the same thing about having a drink. I'm nearly 100 days into this and it took me a long time to get to the point where I even wanted to try to quit again. I'm not going to do it again! It's too hard and seems to get harder each time.
                            Well done, and very true! :goodjob:
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Fly - I couldn't go through my quits again, I just know I couldn't!
                              It really is just easier to stay quit & kick those thoughts to the curb. Glad you are OK now

Dizzy, I hope you are getting a good rest after your hectic day of writing about Kaslo :H
                              Kaslo, that girl really pays attention to your posts.

Well, I 'lost it' with a newbie this morning & opened a can of Lavan-ittude on him
                              I find his posts about continuing to drink & not think it's a big deal are kind of insensitive to struggling newbies, not helpful in any way, shape or form. I told him to post in the mods threads - he thinks I'm rude :H :H
                              Really ~ I've been called worse :H

Have a great night all.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X