Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday, May 25

Hello there,

Slept like a dog last night at my brother's house, windows wide open listening to the rain. I bought special coffee beans, flavoured with hazelnut ... Makes for a long and mild cup that you can have all day. For those of you diehards that are not off work like me - the French roast is on.

I am at the skateboard park with my beginner son - it was nice for me to have this bonding with him in my home town.

Loads of thoughts of drink in the evening, though ... They come and go ...

Dizzy, I thought the book was hilarious.

Det, that bear just threw me. What a shot.

Well, I a posting from the Blackberry again so I can't ramble too much.

Have a great Friday !!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi, Shue and all to come!

Shue, sounds so nice with you bonding with your son! And visiting family, too. I know those cravings/feelings come back a lot, but theu do pass if we can hang in. You are doing a great job!
    Sunnibutt, guess you have a nice horsey weekend planned Resting up for the "nuts" next weekend. They are sweet little nuts!
    Dizzy, that novel is quite something. You are very creative!
    Don't have to work today--and I better not get a call of distress, as I ahve the assistant and another young woman in all day. I hope they can finish getting everything out today--we have literally run out of space--and hangers:upset:
    After my walk, Mr TDN and I will probably go to his favorite local joint for breakfast and then check out a big barn that houses all the collections for the huge summer hospital fair that takes place every year in August. Mr TDN wants to take things to donate, but I want to snoop around to see what I can snag. And want to try for a little experimental painting with the home made chalk paint. Then dinner with a group of friends. I'll have my AF beverages with me. Am going to make cheesecake filled strawberries--recipe I saw posted on FB yesterday and sounds easy and YUMMY!
    Check back later, and wish you all a great start to an AF Memorial Day weekend! Those in states, anyway!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Shue, TDN and all to visit,

Shue- glad you had a peaceful sleep. I'm big on white noise. I sleep so much better with rain, fan etc...

TDN- cheesecake filled strawberries? Why, yes please!!!!! I'm googling!

Fly- way to let that beast walk on by when he comes knocking. He's a relentless basTURD!

Lav-I'm now curious about the newbie's post. Sounds like you did the right thing to me. Anyone who
      glorifies drinking on a site for people trying to quit....

We had to fork over some cash from the TWENTY page inspection report that was emailed to us. I'm surprise my computer didn't start to smoke! We've moved plenty and this takes the cake. At least we don't have to do the repairs. I'll drop in when I can. We move in a couple weeks so I've got my work cut out for me. Happy Memorial weekend to those in USA. Happy Friday to everyone.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Morning everyone ( well just into pm here)

Glorious warm sunny weather in Scotland these last few days - makes a change!

Shue hope you enjoy the skateboarding.
        TDN. - cheesecake sounds yummy, let us know how it turns out.
        Almost, good luck with the move preparations. We moved over 400 miles last year so I am well aware how much there is to do / organise at this time.

My daughter (8 next month) said to me last night, when she saw me sipping tonic water. "Mummy are you still doing that alcohol free thing?" when i said yes she said " how many days now?" I said 91 and she replied ( sounding sincere) " that's really good"

I wasn't aware she really understood I'd quit, although just before I did she said " mummy why do you always drink wine every evening?" that shook me rigid as I didn't thinks she was aware of such stuff. I had been waiting til she was in bed but latterly I'd started drinking earlier and earlier in the evening, on occasions when I was helping the kids with their homework. I thought, I can't have them noticing I drink wine all the time, I'll have to put it into a mug in future so they don't realise. Then I thought, what am I doing, I can't believe I'm even contemplating that, and that was Feb 23rd when I decided to quit.

Here I am 92 days later!

Comment

Just a very quick hey ho from my phone, will check in with you later!
          Have a great Friday!
          :h

Comment

Morning my friends

Hope you're all skippin along nicely, I've not been writing much these last few days as the weather is fabulous here and its hard to sit down inside, which is not a bad complaint

Plus I've started doing the steps with a sponsor, I'm giving it a shot, I won't go into it too much as I don't know enough about them yet, I tried them 2 years ago and they meant something completely different to me. I can't explain it to myself never mind anyone else but they are meaning alot to me, by God I think I might be changing a bit or maybe even getting a little open minded

Shue, cheers for the coffee and keep the old fight for yourself up, you are bloody well worth it!

Dizzy, you're one crazy kid, but good crazy

Sausage; Mossive congrats again

And to all you other brilliant people have a groovy day!
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Cloudy here again, getting tiresome but oh well

Thanks for the coffee shue. Hope you can relax & enjoy the weekend. Just keep ignoring those drinking thoughts

TDN, cheescake filled strawberries sound yummy! Think I'll look them up & see if I can veganize them Have a good day off!

Almost, a 20 page inspection report - really? WTF?
              Hope you have a good weekend!

Greetings to sausage & sugar!
              You both are doing so well on the AF journey - keep up the great work!

I will be having a family BBQ on Sunday! The beer drinkers will bring their beer & I'm OK with that, doesn't bother me & I do not feel deprived because I am so grateful to be in charge of my life again

Off to Curves now!
              Have a great AF Friday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi every one, also rushing here. Leaving revelstoke to go back home.... On the way im working at a spectacular site...

Saus, me girls were eight and twelve when i was at my worst. They knew everything, even more that my hub. I dont know why but kids get it. And a lot of adults turn a blind eye or they dont wanna know. We fool very few, actually. Mainly ourselves. I hope everyone is not caste down by this fact. Ex alks some of the strongest kindest people in the world.

One thing is for sure...
                Kaslo
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends,

I am very nearly to the point of exhaustion. It has been a busy, busy couple of weeks trying to get the cemetery ready for memorial weekend. It is pretty much just my friend and I (She works full time and comes out in the evenings) so it has seemed like more work for me. I mowed all 8 sections yesterday and it looks really good. It has been so dry--no rain for weeks, so I've had to irrigate which I've never had to do before June before. It has paid off though--most of the place is lush and green and once again looks like a country club for the dearly departed. I know that is one thing I love about it--the feeling of gratification. It is cloudy with a chance of rain today, so hopefully I can finish up without all the cold wind and dirt/grass in my face and eyes.

Then I have about 3 other big projects I am in charge of that I have to organize and start getting ready for. My garden is in (for the most part) front yard project is near completion, and we got 78 baby chicks yesterday.

I have to tell you I was just a little bent out of shape the other day--after a long hot day working, I came home to get the chicken coop washed and all the feeders, etc cleaned up (I haven't raised chickens for about 5 years). I was already a little mad at my kids for not being there to help me, and then I noticed my hubby had his electric fencer plugged into an outlet by the barn with an extension cord, instead of my chicken house. I said....I DO have electricity in there don't I? He looked really sheepish and pointed to the outlet with said extension cord, I said nothing, but was obviously EXTREMELY disappointed with that answer as I was PROMISED by all of the people that want me to raise these chickens for me that they would help get everything ready and help with anything I need for the times I was going to be gone. Hubby ended up taking the day off work to get things fixed up. SHEESH!

Anyway, I will post pictures soon--I know you all love baby chickies!

I had a fleeting drinking thought yesterday as I was mowing. It was really weird how it came about. But all of a sudden I was thinking how much I would really, really like a few beers with ciggies to go with. That is one reason I don't think I can go back to drinking again--I know the ciggies would have to go with it and who wants to go through THATagain??? Anyway, it passed quite quickly actually. I think part of it came about because I was so frustrated with the mechanics that keep acting like my friend and I are just a couple of dumbass women that don't know a thing about equipment. I'm afraid I might have to go in there and set them straight!!!

Ok, I know I've rambled enough. I need to get the boys out of here for their last day of school and I need to get to work. I'll leave you with a question:
                  Would you let your 17 year old son (soon to be 18) camp out (locally) with some friends (boys and girls) some of which are in college--but still minors? I explained to him my concerns, and asked him what he would do if alcohol showed up, etc.....one part of me thinks it is time to let loose a little and let him have the chance to make smart choices, the parent in me wants to just say no so I don't have to worry about it.

Have a great and sober weekend all!!:l:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT :l

I saw your chick pic on FB, how cute
                    You are a hard working woman & deserve to get the help promised to you.
                    I am 100% with you on the AL/Smoke thought.......those devils go hand in hand & I have to avoid both, no matter what!

About your son............
                    Here's what I told my kids at that age:
                    1. Be safe & use your good judgment. I love you & trust you & you don't want to piss me off
                    2. I will pay college tution for you but I will not bail your ass out of jail.
                    3. I don't want to be a grandmother until at least age 50.
                    It all worked out in the end & as parents we have to trust that we did our best to raise them right!

Hi Kaslo!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morn... never mind - sheesh.. way past that! :H

Lav! I knew I forgot something!
                      3. I don't want to be a grandmother until at least age 50.
                      :H

Had a fabulous evening at the demonstration last night (not marching for a cause... watching Chris Irwin work with a few horses/ride); didn't leave there til 10:45pm.

LVT.. I'll have to scout out baby chick pictures on FB... I just love those little fluff balls :h Oh, and I'm glad you've had the Mr. give you some power.

Sausage - huge congrats! 3 months is a big deal! And, I agree with Kas... kids know a WHOLE lot more than we give them credit for.

TDN.. ohhh... those straweberries sound delish! Must be pretty substantial strawberries, though! Have fun tonight

Dizzy.. feeling any better?

Ok, back to work... just been going nuts pretty steady One thing is for sure!

Edited to say: Where's me manners? Hello to everyone else.. have a great weekend!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

Shue, mulţumesc for the nice coffee kickstart

zooming along here, back later
                        xxxxx

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Adolescence is such a challenge for parents. I am fortunate in that my kids were not as nearly as wild as I was growing up. Then again...I didn't have much parental oversight. And by no means, were my little angels perfect. Pah!

Now we know that young brains continue to develop up until the age of 25 with the frontal lobe and the all-so-important executive judgement area doing the bulk of that growth in the later years. You are doing a good job, LVT - it's important to make carefully considered decisions. Most kids really do hear their parents advice - even when it isn't apparent that they are truly listening. What awesome advice....Lav! You are another great parent.

LVT and Lav...I'm also glad I have you two dual addiction ass-kickin buddies here. Add me to that co-addiction list. Marshy posted a great link about that somewhere here in the forum. I am elated to be FREE!!!!! I was in a gas station the other day....smokes are up to $9.99 a pack. Lordy. them thar are Holy SMOKES fer shure! To date...my lovely sober life has saved me more than my health....I have not wasted $6,754 and counting. That money is now doing good for a whole lot of people - including moi. Every other month I even treat myself to a pedicure now! Just divine.
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Oh....

Greetings to all the rest of the wonderful FABbies near and far....Sausage you are really getting the AF life - how inspiring you are to us!

Sunni...have a great ride this weekend. I found some hidden horses last weekend while hiking up THE BUTTE. It's amazing that they were up on this steep rocky butte making a crop circle or something. I swear they had to have gotten up there by UFO.

Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Det, awwww shucks ...that was really touching !

My home town of Bucuresti got flooded by torrential rain tonight ... Seems like a good time to leave tomorrow. I miss my bed and I think that I can weather one night on my own ... With skat8er boy by my side, no doubt.

I miss the chats with turn and det ... What a shame the Ipad is so limited sometimes.

New experience ... Went out tonight for dinner in a posh restaurant ... Like I said, this city has zero AL tolerance ... Very few people were actually drinking ... Only 2 tables had bottles of wine and I only spied a few cocklatils here and there. Nice.

Wishng you all a good night, may the sleep fairly be kind to you.
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                              X