One month!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One month!!!

Well yesterday was the completion of one month AF for me. I won't say it has been easy. Much harder than in the past, which makes me think that there are physcial changes that make it harder the longer one has been drinking. But finally, last night, for the first time in all the four weeks, I didn't have to battle the inside "creepy crawlies" that make me want a drink.

For me it is not over, because I know I will go back to heavy drinking within a week of having just one drink. I wish I were like Dr. A who said he could moderate with Bac, but that doesn't work for me and I've proved it twice.

The supplements that helped the most were L-Glutamine, True Calm and the Baclofen, of course. The kudzu didn't seem to help, but maybe that is because I was already taking a cocktail of supplements. The baclofen defintely calmed me down, but did not remove the urge to drink. I think the L-Glutamine was more successful with that. But sometimes nothing worked except just walking in circles and remembering how awful I felt after drinking during the night and the next morning.

I love the information on this site and the fact that everyone is struggling to have a better tomorrow. I still wish there was a "magic pill" that would end the addiction. I guess I don't understand the ones that block the feeling of being high because after drinking for awhile, alcohol never gave me a high feeling anymore, just a need to drink more and more.

Well, here's the start of a new month, well, maybe just new day. Don't want to think too far ahead.

Thanks to everyone who shares on the forums. There is truly something for everyone. :thanks::thanks:

One month!!!

Dear Lost
    I just love you! thank you so much for posting. I am 8 days almost with a slip on six and have been walking in circles. I want so much to be 30 like you and I know that if I go back I am gone for good.

Congratulations on one month. That is the most achievement :goodjob:
    Bunches of hugs:l:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

One month!!!

Congrats on one month! That is just terrific. Keep up the great work!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

One month!!!

CONGRATS on 1 month AF - great work
        Just keep going, it gets better & better!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

One month!!!

LL: I too would be back to my old drinking patterns (alot daily) if I were to take just one drink. I cannot moderate regardless of how hard I try. It got easier for me the longer I went wo/a drink. Over the weekend, we went to a wedding where there was moderate drinking. Except for a fleeting thought, I didn't miss alcohol at all. You'll get there. Don't think too far ahead. Just for today you're sober. Celebrate that fact. Good luck & congratulations on your one month of abstinence. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

One month!!!

Kradle,

Eight days is great! I'm glad the slip didn't end things for you. Yes, it IS very hard at first and the mind and body want to trick us into thinking that just a little bit won't hurt. Well, it wouldn't if we could stop with a little bit, but we can't which is why we are here. When I'm going through one of those mental arguments with myself about drinking, I remind myself that I don't have any urge to do drugs and don't have to fight that urge, and that is where I want to be with alcohol and that someday, someday, I will get there if I just keep walking in circles for awhile.

It truly is one day at a time for me. I don't feel deprived anymore without Alcohol, but I know that I could quickly get back to the place where I do if I try the moderation route again. I think it is worse to keep looking at a bottle and fixating on how much I've had and how much is left than it is to not have any bottles in the house. And inevitably one bottle is no longer enough and so for "safety's sake" I keep two around, and then it is back to breaking into the second bottle.

You will get to day 30 one day at a time. Keep thinking about 8 and how great that is. If you are like me you have already saved $120! And in between feeling the cravings you are probably sleeping better and waking up feeling better, and definitely feeling stronger as a person no longer subject to a horrible, disease causing addiction.

Keep on going. That's what I tell myself.

Comment

One month!!!

Lostlady
              Huge congratulations on your 1 month AF.
              Now just keeps doing what you are doing and watch those days add up. If you know you can't moderate then don't even go there mentally. I've had 2 serious attempts ( one over 8 months) at being AF and on both occasions when I drank again thinking I could moderate , I was at the same levels as before within a week or less.

Just keep going, you can do it!

Comment

One month!!!

way to go Lostlady! fabulous
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

One month!!!

LostLady
                  moderation means deprivation....I never looked it like that but that's so true. When I try to limit hoe much I drnk I only end up feeling deprived of what I can't have...
                  I will get to 30. :l
                  Xxoo
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                  X