June Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Modders

Hi everyone, i was hoping someone would start a new thread now that we're into june so I thought I would just start one.

This month I want to work on sticking more to 4 drinks/night.

How is everyone else doing and what are your goals for the month?

June Modders

DG,
    Thanks for starting the monthly thread. My goals are usually to drink no more than 7 drinks a week and I can usually do that on "normal" weeks. Vacation weeks become challenging as well as weeks that include birthdays, etc. Do have the big birthday coming up so will be having wine tonight (usually don't drink week nights) at a wine tasting bar with a friend who is a daily drinker...so, really need to be careful with this one and will report progress on Ruby Tuesday thread at the end of the week. Then a birthday drink with work members on Friday but we leave the next day for the big getaway for 9 days to Costa Rica (so excited) so don't think I'll be tempted to overdo the drinking. Luckily my husband doesn't have a problem with drinking so he alwayss keep me in check when with him. Yet a hard week to decide how many but will be very careful.
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

June Modders

hi all
      hope all is well with you modders! things are not good with me, honestly. i have some real family challenges to deal with, and don't feel strong enough to deal. I am a little more hopeful when i check in here, so thanks all.
      ugh!
      L

Comment

June Modders

Hang in There

Lila;1329061 wrote: hi all
        hope all is well with you modders! things are not good with me, honestly. i have some real family challenges to deal with, and don't feel strong enough to deal. I am a little more hopeful when i check in here, so thanks all.
        ugh!
        L
        Lila, hang in there, it will be ok and check in.

Thanks for starting the June mod Thread. I am away at a business conference. Last night I was good, had a dinner and only had two glasses of wine...everyone else was or had been drinking a lot more. There was a Happy Hour thing before where I didn't drink anything. As for going out aferwards (the dinner) it just seemed like a waste of time and I'm sure it was.

Everyone have a great June.

Oh, hahaha, I wanted to comment to someone in the May thread who said my friend sounds crazy...hahaha, yes, I kind of know she is. She is at this conference as well, but things seem back to normal between us. There's no reason they shouldn't be, considering if anyone should have any resentment or grudges, it should be me and I dont. And yes, I don't think she is working on herself. I saw yesterday morning and she was all pensive, I eventually said, "Sweetie, you're really stressed aren't you, let's talk later." This of course she confirmed. Dealing with stress can be very challenging as we all know...

Anyway....looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Comment

June Modders

That is so true, Stewarts, dealing with stress, doing so in a constructive way is a life skill worth learning.
          Today I feel better. We have family therapy today - my son is having pretty bad behavioral problems, which has really been tearing us all apart. I am sure he will refuse to go, but the rest of us can go, and that feels like a good first step.

Comment

June Modders

Thanks, DG for kicking June off. I've been thinking about my June goal(s). Looked back at May and I had 9 AF days so would like to better that but not going to pick a specific #. I'm also going for an upper limit of 3 on any given day. Was going to name AF days, then I look at the calendar and see party on Sunday, next week my son is coming to visit with my 2 grandsons (age 8 & 6), and found out he is back to enjoying adult beverages. So goal right now is just try to do better than May.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June Modders

Hi All,

Another thanks DG for starting the June thread.

Great goals for everyone this month, oddly I hadn't really even thought of it, so thanks for bringing it up.

My goals are to continue 2 days AF (Sunday & Wednesday) and keep the drinking to 2-3 ciders per night.

Weekend nights are harder - but I want to be able to remember what I said and did the night before - that's a good start for me.

Good luck and happy June to everyone.

Love you guys.
              Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
              :h ya
              Trix

Comment

June Modders

Experimented last night. Purposely had 3 drinks (no wine) to see how I felt this a.m. Not bad. Now I want 3 to be my upper limit, not the norm. I've been suspecting that wine is the culprit to get me over limit and/or give me a headache. Today plan to be AF.

This a.m. did a 50 min run/walk, then 20 min of Debbie Sieber's Shape It Up. It's a 78 min DVD but taking babysteps. Did 20 min on Monday and 1st swings with golf club yesterday resulted in OUCH! Tamed down the # of reps today.

Like your signature, Trix!

TMH

Comment

June Modders

Good stuff TMH, the set limit is very helpful.

I overdid it big time last night, so today will have to be my AF day, never mind - at least all the champagne is gone now and I'm not buying anymore.
                  Trix

Comment

June Modders

Hi All,

I have been here before and have not really given modding an honest attempt. I am finally feeling better and was totally going to abstain. It appeals to me, but I know with so many events going on in the summer it puts a heavy challenge on me.

So, to take the pressure off of myself for now, I am going to make an honest attempt at moderating. I am always fine when I drink light beer and the only time I get out of control is with anything else. So here I am declaring that I will only drink beer 4% or less and not daily, weekly or monthly either.

Been AF since Saturday night and plan on being more AF than not. But if I want to have a beer or two socially, that's another thing - no more drinking alone!!!

Looking for hope and support. I've been here before and not going down the self loathing path of past failures. Today is a new day and a new beginning for me.
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

June Modders

I had some wine last night, like a glass and half, I had a "friend" come over, but drinking really wasn't the purpose of this visit. Wine can be tricky. I'm convinced its the sugar that really messes with people and its also so easy to down.

I had a little too much to drink on Tuesday night. It wasn't that a drank so much, it just ended up being a late night. I was coming back from traveling on business and got back around 10pm and had no dinner at all. I went to a bar to eat and have a beer or two. I met a woman and we started talking, which led me to another beer...it was getting late at this point. I think I did only have about four thouugh. I did know I had to get home soon and I did. I didn't try and stay with her and her friends to see if I could close, it was already after 12:30, so I just got the digits.

I had a little anxiety in the morning, not too bad, it went away as the day went on. As for goals, I think I'm going to stick with the no more than 3 or 4 drinks and try to push the 10pm curfew during the week. I also don't drink every day, but perhaps I should keep track of my AF free days.

Oh, for those starting out, a good way to get into modding, is keep a journal of what you drink, especially how many and how you feel. You'll be surprised how much more you drink than you realize. Once you're cognizant, it starts to make it a little easier; will you go overboard from time to time, probably, but you'll be more aware of what affects when, where and how - (e.g. what you ate before, etc.).

Comment

June Modders

June Modders

Hi All,

I'm new as of today. Found this website and I think it's a great idea to motivate and speak to others who have the same issues! I'm going to aim for zero AL from Sunday to Friday - will have some friday and saturday if I feel like it. I want to really replace AL with excercise and doing nice things for myself. Really tired of waking up feeling like shit.......
                        Have a nice night out on Saturday planned so I'm going to drink light beer - I always know where I'm at with it. I want to gain control over AL and not ther other way around - I want to not need it to relax - it's going to be hard but here goes. I dont' know what anyone else thinks but I'd imagine as time goes by and you get more in control you start to feel proud. I know I love the natural feeling of sleepiness & nodding off with no alcohol and waking up feeling clear.

Sorry for ranting but am excited to get started.

Comment

June Modders

Please rant, everyone on here as a mod is pretty much in the same boat....we all simply don't want to feel like shit. We have more that we want to do, but we're not alcoholics, it's simply understanding our bodies as we get older. Keep on checking in.

Comment

June Modders

Welcome It's My Time and Successful Moddy - Stewarts is right; we are all in the same boat, know we do abuse alcohol from time to time yet strive to be in control of IT rather than IT us. Make sense?

Today was a very good day but admit I am looking forward to a drink or 2 tonite. Want to run in the a.m. so need to be in control and really am not concerned about doing anything stupid.

Remember Mighty Mite? Think she was going traveling so maybe not back yet? Anyway, thinking about you MM.

TMH

Comment

June Modders

:colorwelcome:

Great to have new MWO'ers here.

I agree with Stewarts & TMH, in fact, I couldn't have summed it up better than that.

We all post what we are trying, what is working and what's not - so its a great place to learn and get support without judgement.
                              Trix

Comment

Working...
                              X