Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Wednesday, June 6

Good morning, Abbers!
    Cloudy and cool again, but no rain as of yet! Everybody is so sick of this weather! But sounds like the weekend will be good.
    Got my laptop back yesterday--$100 to remove virus and install a microsoft virus protection after removing the McAfee I paid wuite a bit for! The guy claims that McAfee is useless, and this microsoft thing is free and works great! Virus came from a video I couldn't even open from my local shelter on FB!! I know that is what happened, as I tried to open a couple of them, and that is when I kept getting the messages about a Trojan detected and "removed." Anybody else use the microsoft thing?
    Going in to work at noon, and know that my assistant will have to tell me all about her dead foal. I am truly confused about how she didn't know the horse was pregnant??!! They have had two of the horses for at least six months, so??? Sunni, is that possible? This is approaching a "hoarding" situation, but I know that any advice I offer will not be taken. Very sad.
    Pap3, I know what dog thiefs are like, and couldn't help chuckling over the kids stealing the seam ripper:H I know it can be dangerous, but DH has done things like that many times!
    Hope everyone has a great AF day!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning Abbers,

TDN, glad you have your laptop back. I have been thru so many viral outbreaks over the years it isn't funny. I currently have 3 anti-viral programs running on this laptop
    Your young friend sound a bit uninfomed, maybe in over her head where her animals are concerned. that's a shame

I am heading out to Curves first thing & definitely see a granny nap in my plans for later today :H
    Wishing everyone a great AF Hump day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all,

Why is it every time I type "good morning" I hear Robin Williams shouting "Good Morning Vietnam!"

Sausage- glad you rocked the af vacay. Cheers to you!

Lav-enjoy your "granny nap."

TDN- my last computer virus was a doosie too. We use Norton on our laptop. I have a love/hate
      relationship with technology.

We found out yesterday that the appraisal came in lower than what we settled on for selling price. This is such a fun process- not! Our realtor is a go getter and is challenging the guy's numbers, so we'll wait and see. We are supposed to close next week!!! Damn appraiser was a bit too handsome and charming for his own good. He can take his charming ass right back to number crunching!!!!
      Ok, rant over.

Enjoy your day all.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Oh Almost-that is not good news!! The banks are making sure the appraisers are being VERY conservative these days-a backlash for when they were throwing out big numbers willy nilly but no one challenged them. Keep on fighting the good fight. Its too bad you can't hire an independant appraiser. the buyer's bank will claim to be looking out for themselves and the buyers but in this market, for you to even accept an offer (because they tend to be very low) is a miracle and for the appraiser to come up with an even lower number is just crazy. I hope it all works out in the end. I do feel your pain-it happened to me with the refi last year even after the appraiser told me there would be no problem meeting the number I needed to refi. Then he goes and submits his findings 10K lower than what I needed!! I didn't challenge because I had some wiggle room with the product I was using but still!! Rant over.

TDN-I use MS Security Essentials which is the free program. I was NOT happy with Norton AV which I paid dearly for. I love MS SE and as long as I see that little green icon on the tray I know I'm all set. If it's yellow I do some sleuthing. So far so good and I have opened a few of your videos.

Thank got DD or LM whoever it was chose the plastic end of the seam ripper to chew on!! We didn't even see them take it off the table and never noticed them chewing on something even tho they were only 5 feet away!! Little shites!! Bad furmoms!!

I can relate to the concern about your friend and the possible animal hoarding. I deal with it on a daily basis with my friend. She outright lied to me yesterday about the 2 foster dogs she has. She was supposed to have gotten them spayed and the umbilical hernias taken care of this week while she was on vaca. She's had them since the fall!! I know from a mutual friend that the rescue group has had it with her noncomm and have signed over the dogs to her but she hasn't even gone to the PO to pick up the papers. Anyway, I asked her yesterday if the rescue group was pissed at her for not getting the surgeries done and if they were still going to pay for them. She said yes but didn't look me in the eye. I just told her I thought she was not being fair to the girls as they can't be comfortable with those hernias and going through heat all the time. I stopped short of saying negelct. I couldn't tell her I knew the whole story because then of course I'd have to admit to talking behind her back. So, that's as far as I'm going. IMHO the rescue group should have sent someone to take the girls away and put them in another foster home. Wish I could take them but I just don't have the time or money right now. I'd have them fixed and adopted out in no time. So, good luck with your friend. It's a rotten situation to be in becaue you are right-they won't listen because they won't admit the addiction. :upset:
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

hi fabulous abstinence folk near and far. Xomputers suck. that is all. appraisers too. another day of writing latin in the rain. one thing is for sure... kas
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends

Another day of zooming for me, just wanted to say hi and keep on truckin!

Quite a bit of excitement around here lately, and right now busy with VBS/baseball/work/4-H.

Gotta go do chicken chores. Super happy my hubby killed the rattlesnake that scared the shit right out of me yesterday in there!!! We've lost about 12 chicks--not sure I can blame the snake or the weather.

Gotta go--have a great sober day all!!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:eeks: Rattlesnake :eeks:
              Sorry about your chicks LVT.......is it too cold for them? I alwyas keep a heat lamp on mine until they are completely feathered out.

Going to see if I can get my car inspected - ho hum.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aw Geez LVT! Rattlesnake??? I think I might have truly experienced a heart attack! I'm sorry you've lost so many chicks. Part of the deal tho isn't it? Hope the rest stay with you and get nice and strong and big!!

OK Lav and anyone else who's an experienced seamstress-don't look too close!! Here's the first cushion done and no, I didn't pin the back. I actually sewed on some velcro! My friend said she would put the old zippers in for me but I don't know when that will be and I don't know how to cut out the panels for them plus I guess I don't have a zipper foot. Should I just go with the velcro for the next 2 cushions (that's all the velcro I have) and then do zippers for the rest or do all velcro?

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I vote for VELCRO papmom ~ easier in the long run for your camper cushions. I'd reserve zippers for a more formal application

This was Ms Lily's response today when she was told 'lunch is ready'. Drama queen???? :H :H

AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

sounds good to me Lav!! 3 ft for .99. Bargain.

I'd say a GREAT drama queen in the making LOL!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Lav, I bet a Lunch made by you does not usually have that effect on people. If you made ME lunch Id probably cry for joy.

LVT you would possibly not be pleased to know that in BC rattlers are protected. I know they are quite shy and dont attack unless completely harrassed at close range. There were quite a few where I grew up in a very dry part of BC.

Nice cusion bolster thing there Pap. Wish I was sewing. I am in the house I rent at the north end of my study area, after getting soaked right through for hours on end and trudging through wetlands, over hill and down dale. It was 8 degrees C, and pissing rain most of the day. Everything I had on my body was totally wet through. Another day like that predicted tomorrow. Blech.

Well, no photo today sorry. cam was very wet and ive managed to get sand in the lense shaft again. Demmit. Out to the cleaners again.

Leaving tomorrow for Halfway River.

K
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Lavande;1330480 wrote: I vote for VELCRO papmom ~ easier in the long run for your camper cushions. I'd reserve zippers for a more formal application

This was Ms Lily's response today when she was told 'lunch is ready'. Drama queen???? :H :H

Oh Lav. I just love this photo. Too cute for words!!
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

I take it Miss Lily was not happy with the lunch menu today??:H:H
                          Poor thing!:h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:H:H Lav! Love Miss Lily, the drama queen! (Not to be confuzzled with the green queen)

Well, folks.. when I said things would settle down after Tuesday... I WAS WRONG! :H Headed back to Sudbury area (2.5 hour drive) to pick up a car for my son and his young family. Mr. Wonderful had been gritting his teeth at their good-for-nuttn car that was 'given' to them and that has cost them a fortune since. So... he found a decent Ford Taurus for $600, including new snow tires on rims, remote starter (vewwy nice for Canuck winters) and a whole bunch of repairs/upgrades/whatever on the engine thingamabobble.

Now, we need to get that ready, plus I have a bit of work to do yet on the crib they're getting from my daughter..... ahem... turns out Peanut was chewing on it!? Anyhow.. while I was back in the big smoke, I picked up some extra crib sheets, blankies, etc... and Peanut's birthday is in less than 2 weeks. I could really use a lottery win or something.

Papmom... LOVE the cushion.. and that would have taken me months!! So, well done!
                            LVT... yikes. I'm not overly fond of snakes in general, but rattlers I definitely don't like! Glad your hubby came to the rescue!
                            Almost... hope you can appeal that appraisal. Hrmpfh.
                            TDN... hmm. You would think that your friend would have noticed a pregnancy.. then again, if the mare isn't in great shape to begin with, she really may not show much. Hard to say. Very sad, though. A lady I know here just lost a 2 day old foal as well... they think it may have inherited the sire's blood type (which didn't jive with the mum's). She's getting a free breeding with another stallion. Heart breaking, though.

And that's that from me... I'm headed for bed. Another long day, it seems. Night night, everyone!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Holy moly Sunshine...I have been looking for a car too. My daughter was in an accident and mine got totalled. Not her fault the guy was charged. $600! I am looking for something at $10,000. You are amazing. All good here but for that.
                              Sid

Comment

Working...
                              X