Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday, June 9th

Good glorious morning, affies,

And a crackin' day it is. Hot hot hot and not a cloud in the sky.

Come get your French roast on the terrace and do stay over for my birthday party. I still have a ton of cooking to do but I got the best start. My first present to myself has been a good sleep and waking up with no hangover ... Very much unlike last year.

Put on your party hats ans see ya' later.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

:bday3:

Happy Birthday Shue - sober birthdays are great, I had one in March.

Hello to everyone else, I'm feeling so much stronger today and very positive

Day 107 AF here I come

Comment

Happy Birthday Shue. Have a brilliant day. Afraid my 50th last month was not sober one, but next year will be.

I'm back folks. Won't bore you with the details but again I have a better understanding of what doesn't work for me. I am gradually learning from all the mistakes I make. Well have to take something positive from them.

Thanks Sausage for the pm to remind me where I belong. The final inspiration I needed.

Have a brilliant weekend and take care everyone.
      Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
      AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Happy Birthday Shue..hope you have a fabulous day and the party rocks!

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit stronger Sausage.

Hi to Loppy and all to follow up today.

almost 6pm here, am going to cuddle up on the couch in front of the fire and watch movies tonight.

Have a fab one ya all

one this is FOR SURE xx

Comment

Happy, happy birthday, Shue!! It's your birthday and you are doing all the cooking? Hmm... seems like somebody else should be cooking for you!:H Anyway, hope your party is perfect!
          Loopy, welcome back. I keep coming here for inspiration and support--and a good reprimand when I need it.
          Sausage, I am so happy that you didn't cave! I know how discouraging that can be. I wish your husband would "get it." Makes it a lot harder for you, that's for sure. :goodjobn your strength anmd determination!
          I found your report of the stomach perforation, Cindi. I am always truly in awe of how powerful this disease is. I hope you'll stay with us here.
          Sun is out and is supposed to stay out this weekend, and we are having a cookout for twelve people tomorrow. I got flank steak delivered to the shop yesterday by the owner of a local farm, and we are also grilling chicken. I'm making a broccoli salad that even non-broccoli eaters love, and a Greek pasta salad I found the recipe for in this month's Southern Living magazine. And cake pops--or balls, as I have no sticks to use. And everyone else is bringing something, so we will have lots of food! It's BYOB, although Mr TDN has bought beer and we will also have soft drinks for four of us who won't be drinking AL. I want to try to find some ginger beer that Blondie raved about.
          Today I have to work from 10-6, but have help for most of the day. It is the beginning of the ever popular motorcycle week in this area, and I am hoping that they visit the shop and spend some money I just heard that 250,000 bikers are expected!
          DH (Dirty Harry, not Mr TDN, for those who don't know:H started barking at 5:00, then Bud chimed in. Heard Mr TDN let them out, but then DH started again at 5:30 and I finally got up at 5:45. Some kind of wildlife, I'm sure!
          Pap3, Bud is doing okay--gets his chemo pill every other day and is still eating well. he will be going to MA on Tuesday for first radiaiton, and I am hoping his food arrives this week. Thanks for asking!
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Happy Birthday Shue!!!

Welcome back Loppy. It's nice to "meet" you.

Hi Sausage and Sugar!

TDN- whoa that's a lot of bikers! I still have yet to ever find Ginger beer in my part of the country. Maybe in my new city. Glad Bud is enjoying his vittles.

Have a great day all.
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Shue!! I hope your bash goes great and that you get lots of pressies and hugs and kisses!! Good for you for taking control of YOUR party!! How else would it be perfect??

Can't wait to hear all about it!

TDN-your cookout sounds fabulous!! Do you have a Trader Joes anywhere near you? I know they have ginger beer. Have fun and hope the bikers SWARM (vroom vroom) your shop today!! Never been up there for this weekend but there's always news coverage isn't there!

Sausage-way to go girl!! YOu hang tight-120 days is right around the corner and it does get easier!!

Here's a quote from the show Unecessary Roughness:

"The minefields of Life never go away. We just find better ways to go deal with them"

Welcome Loppy!! Stick with us OK?

Cindi-OMG OMG OMG!! I can't believe we almost lost you! Please don't be the one we light the candle for!! If this doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will and you are spot on: your next relapse WILL kill you. Please stay close-there is nothing AL will make better and there is EVERYTHING being AF can do for you!!

MUM, Almost and everyone else to come-have a FABBER day!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

:bday7: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHUE:bday7:
                You sound just like me - cooking for your own party!!!!! Hope your day is wonderful!

Greetings Sausage & Mum! Welcome back Loppy

TDN, I'd like to hear more about your broccoli salad when you have a minute. I have lots of it still in my fridge. There are a lot of bikers around here too......hope they stop & shop

Almost & Papmom, hope you both have a great day you busy people!!!!

Cindi, please check in & let us know how you are doing!

I found Det wandering around the Just Joy thread last night - I think he was lost :H

I'm heading out to the garden, will be back later!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Fabinasheries. Happy Birthday Shue! I would be cooking up a storm on my BD too. Hope you have a tonne of fun. Big welcome to Loppy. Reading your postings back here a year ago helped me get through quitting. So thank you and I hope I can return the favour.

Although i didnt find Cindys description of her perforation, how scary is that. This is what contributed to my mothers death, drinking heavily, meds mixing, and a perforation. PLEASE be careful.

Sausage, very glad to see you feeling positive again. I posted on your thread....

One thing I think is worth saying this morning is people should not be afraid of saying they are struggling here, although it seems like a great positive place to be, if you have something bugging you, I feel we are here to help. At least thats my take on it.

Hi to Mo2, TDN, Pap, Lav and all others. Det, whoooo hooooooooooooooooooo???!!! Thats what we call in the woods to warn the bears.

If any of you ever check out western Canada, consider the fact that its Junuary here. 8 degrees celcius and snow on the mountains rain on our heads. The rivers are huge, there are waterfalls and creeks where there were not before, Ima take my bike out today even if it is freezing frigging cold and raining like a banshee. If banshees could rain and not scream. I am feeling pretty good after 4 weeks in the bush. Its tedious, some times scary, and hard work, but it does get me back in shape. Im 58, overweight and built like a brick shit house, so any amount of exercise helps. It IS possible to come back to some level of health after many years of drinking way too much alcohol.

Love to all on this fine June day

Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hey Kaslo ~ just for you

Don't freeze yourself on your bike ride
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

:H:HLav--I laughed out loud at your picture! I have honestly never seen an actual brick shithouse! At least now we know what Kaslo looks like! :H:H

I have damn neart volunteered myself into a state of exhaustion, but 1 more day and my life ought to get back to a more stable sense of routine. What a long 3 weeks this has been!

I really need to get out and deal with weeds and plant more stuff, but it is almost 100 degrees already. I have plenty of housework to do and I can guarantee a nap is in my plans this afternoon. Sure am sad to be missing my son's baseball trny in Denver this weekend--but saving money never hurts. #1 son is taking his ACT as I type.

Cindi--damn woman! I'm sure glad you are still with us.:l

Happy birthday to shue and hello to everyone!
                      Have a great sober day all.:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Oh guys,

I really need your prayers and positive vibes. My dog bit a boy on the hand, food agression, while he was in his enclosure. I saw it happening ... Kid needs a tendon repaired and stiches. Not a full bite or else the hand would have been a stump.

I am really feeling like sh1t. Feeling responsible and dreading what I might have to do.

You can guess how much I feel like drinking and partying now.

A few prayer please, please .

Comment

Thanks for the self portrait, Lav! Great shot, and no wolfie will blow my ass down thats for sure.

Shu, I am really sorry about your dog biting a kid. Thats horrendously stressful. Please dont drink over it. Not a good way to ride it out, and not a good way to make and live with hard decisions. ALL my sympathy to you, the kid the dog, the works.

Please post and let us know how you are doing.

Kaslo, BSH.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Shue

Thinking of you, I second what Kaslo has said, please don't be tempted to drink over this, it will just make everything worse.

Please check in when you can and let us know how things are
                            xx

Comment

Thank you Kas and Sausage,

Actually I found I have ZERO desire to drink. You cannot believe how much my guests plied it on me. Sit down, have a drink... Poor you, you need a drink ... Yeah ...like a hole in my head.

I sent my guests early, with no cake ... Will post some more later.

Comment

Working...
                              X