Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday, June 17th

Good glorious morning, fabbies,

Post from the beach, it is a hot day so come get caffe frappee, ice cold. I had a wonderful albeit short sleep and I am still giddy from last night. Sugar - I have a decaf frappee for you too and for poor heat stroke Pap I think I'll make icea tea this time.

Kas - my gosh woman, is there anything you don't know about me and this terrible addiction. Wonderful, helpful thoughts into the chemistry and emotional aspect.

Det - I have no advice for you, just prayers that you get well and this works out for you.

Be well fabbies, I am sending you some sun, sea and sand.

Big hug
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning Fab Ones!

Cloud cover & cool this morning, I'll take it! Not a fan of heat & I know it's on the way later this week.

Shue, glad you are enjoying yourself! I haven't even seen the ocean for several years, oh well.
    I love iced coffee

Det, I hope you are feeling better this morning! A slow withdrawal from those sorts of meds is always best.

Happy Father's Day to those celebrating!
    I will be feeding grandsons & DIL again today......everyone else busy elsewhere or working.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Where is everyone? Hopefully having a normal day. Thanks Shue for the kind words. I guess your situation is a bit like mine was. I was very glad to read that you were out having fun, and recognized that the fun was entirely possibly w/o AL. So many of us fall into the trap of thinking AL is needed for all kinds of life functions, when of course that is the addiction talking.

I think Mr. Kaslo has finally grabbed a clue. He waited until I was gone to open up his bottle of Erath, a very nice Pinot Noir, and he has had one glass. He doesnt talk about it with me. It meaning you know what, lol!

Sometimes I consider I should not dwell on this topic here so much. And I see others have mostly moved on as well. But maybe like Greenie and Lav and Pap and others of us who have made it out, we feel as though we can help somehow. I am not an expert. I am a tox person but as you've seen I am not much good to Det at the moment because I dont know medication issues.

Hi Lav. Its been a nightmare here. Daughter cant make it up the stairs, but still storms around looking for her phone. Cant get her to take it serious. Ambulance was called last night when she had a panic asthma attack. Funny, but I can work on air pollution issues, and I am lung compromized myself from pneumonia as a child, but I cant get my eldest to wake up and realize she needs to rest and possibly also stop smoking dope if thats what the issue really is.

No pix of gkids, yet. But i did go chasing the light last night.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

What a fantastic view Kas

I am really sorry about your daughter's troubles.
        Do you think she would listen if a doctor got in her face & gave her the real scoop?
        Of course smoking pot is going to compromise your lung function - some sooner rather than later!
        It is ultimately her choice but she's got the kids to consider.....
        Dealing with grown children can be a real mind feck (if you know what I mean). Life is simpler when all you have to do is feed them & change diapers.

Hope Det checks in soon
        Getting off those meds needs to be a slow process in order to minimize discomfort. But I have to say, once all that is said & done it's such a relief to have 'real feelings' again ~ good or bad.

I need to run out & harvest brussel sprouts. 100 degree heat is on the way this week & I know they won't like it one bit :no:
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Abbers,

Kas, sorry about the situation with your daughter but very happy to hear you hubby has finally "got it." I would find it so difficult to live with someone who was drinking around me. I imagine my cravings would hit the roof and if I managed to ride through them, I would still be a big grump.

Lav, I am planning on asking my psychiatrist for help with my anxiety next week. Reading your post and Det's ordeal, I am reconsidering. Boy, I don't know what to do now...

Det, Yes, please go off gradually. It sounds like you are suffering horribly. Hopefully the usual cheerful Det comes flowing back soon!!

Shue, I have plenty of sun but will gratefully take some sea. :-)

All but two of us went out to breakfast for Father's Day today. Son had to work and wife likes to sleep in. However, 11 of us went out, had an amazing breakfast and a good time.

Oldest grandson helped me bake a cake last night while reading New York Times crossword clues to me. We did two puzzles together. It was fun. I sent the cake home with the kids today. Hubby's weight is through the roof and I can't eat much sugar, it makes me ill. Still love to bake, though. :-(

Hope all have a wonderful, sober day today.

Has anyone heard from DG?

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi,

Anxiety has always played a huge role in my life, unfortunately!
            Had it as a kid, largely due to the hell & chaos my Dad created at home (affected all of us). Had it in school, couldn't take the pressure of Catholic school, ended up in public school for my last 4 years (that was an improvement). Then there was marriage, job, kids, taking care of sick parents & other relatives....no end to the anxiety. My drinking career began as a result of unrelieved anxiety & the resulting depression. I was on & off Lexapro for 5 years, hated the numbness it caused & I still drank (not smart!)

I dumped the Lexapro & found myself an OTC called Amoryn. It kicked my anxiety & depression in the butt! I was able to quit drinking & stay quit! It's a combo product with St John's Wort, 5-HTP, Rhodiola & vitamins/minerals. I've recommended this to lots of people here, it's worth a look
            Ingredients | AMORYN | Natural Formula for Depression and Anxiety

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast out, sounds nice!
            I love to bake too but try to give most of it away :H

Where is DG? Good question!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Quiet Sunday ...

Kas - did you find the pot of gold too? Good luck with your daughter.

Lav - I took rhodiola only when my hormones went a bit wacky. I found it so strong I was high as a kite for a good while. I had a whole week when I'd say yes to anything.

Cindi, cacke with the lil' ones if soooo fun. As long as I don't have to eat it.

Det, I really hope you find balance, you are always so positive ...

Well, good night from me, tomorrow I have a pretty packed day.
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Wow shue,
                The Amoryn helped pull my head out of my ass but it never made me feel high :H :H
                I wonder why you had that effect!

Just sent the grankids & DIL home again. My son works insane hours so they come here to hang out with me

Papmom, to answer your question from last night -
                Yes, Matilda was dancing on my laptop while I was posting - the typos are all her fault :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Quick and late check-in FABbies... phew! This granny is pooo-oooped!

But, the little one went home today and Peanut sleeps through the night, so I'll get a full night's sleep! Yay!

Here are the weekend's highlights:

Kiddies in the lake

The birthday boy

Tomorrow will be spent mostly driving daughter and Peanut back. Hope you'll have a great Monday; I'll try to check in at night.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Howdy fine fabbies!

I have been very bad at posting, but have been reading off and on. Still sober.... still mad about my f-up on April 21; 2 days away from my one year of complete sobriety. BUT, in retrospect, I am a happy camper to have not continued on with it!

So, I am doing well. My hair is growing in nicely. Still pretty short but SO THICK and WAVY! I heard it was a side effect from chemo. My hair was previously so fine and thin. I am happy about that! :H

Life is changing in so many ways for us. I turned 40 in April, so I am currently in a mid-life crisis along with my second-lease-on-life thingamajig after battling cancer. Little AFM and I have been living and loving life to the fullest only to find that the city we are currently living in is holding us back. It is too small, too limited, feel stuck, small town attitude. Well, I want BIG, and EXCITING! Even schooling here, I would have to commute to another city. Just so frustrated.

Soooo..... I have given notice at our home and we are moving to the Mainland (Fraser Valley) again, in July. We were there for a few years, about 5 years ago.

I am so stoked on our new adventure. So excited about what will enfold for us. The world is our oyster, and now I am about to live my life for me, sober, and happy. I have spent my whole life feeling guilty and shameful. Living for others, and what they want for me in my life. This is my time, and we are a movin'!

So, anyway. Just wanted to share. I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday! For those of you who are not having such a shit-hot day...... I am sending you 'happy' vibes.

Much love to you all!
                    xoxo

Comment

Aww AFM-so good to see you and great news on the move!! You go girl!!

Lav-glad to hear it was Matilda and not Granny induced :H

Det-please check in-we are all worried about you!

Sunni-great pics!! Ahhh, a day at the lake!

TDN-where are you?????

Shue-glad you had such a great time at the party last nite! It shocked the shite out of me too the first time I had fun at a party sober!! Hang in there-how ya doing today?

Went to the agility trial today. Meant to get up at 4 and leave by 5. Got up at 4:40 and left at 6. Oh well. It was a jammed packed day and what with volunteering and a small turnout, there wasn't much time to walk the pups and spend time hanging out with them. In fact I had to run my first run barefoot because I didn't have time to put my sneaks on!! It was kind of neat actually. We probably had our worst showing in 3 years. Only Q'd in 2 out of 4 runs(the barefoot run wasn't one of them :H) and my rookie mistakes were to blame. Oh, and I don't consider myself a rookie anymore!! No worries tho, the runs we Q'd in were brilliant on DD's part! The day turned out hot with no shade after a very cool cloudy start. I got a little heat sick again, couldn't eat anything all day and my achilles tendon problem took a huge turn for the worse. I could barely drive home. Guess I really need to get going on the weight and non exercise issue. Can't keep going like this.
                      Meant some really nice people who were a big help to me setting up. Hope to see them again in August.

Heading off to bed in a few. Hoping I can walk tomorrow morning!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

LOVE the day's photos!!!

The mountains were fabulous! Almost as beautiful as Kas's back yard, but not quite.

AFM!! Wonderful to see you and I'm delighted you are sounding so well and sharing the happy vibe!

Cindi, I know that breakfast out meant a lot to you. :l

A big shout out to everyone even without giving a personal comment - I'm trying to uphold my new 10 PM goal. Be kind to yourselves on your journey. You really are doing magnificently and it's good of you to share the way that you do. The world really can be a community if we let it.

On a personal note: A special thanks for the offers of alcohol lately and the opportunity they allowed for an internal inventory. Any feelings I have about addiction are alright. What matters are the choices I make. That is all.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I"m alive and doing a couple shades better so very happy to say. still not happy fun det but way better. whew! thank you all for your well wishes. your a great team to have and I'm so proud to have you all in my family.

loverly photos you guys. Kas, is that the 'northern lights' in the photo or rainbow?

gnight all xxxx zzzzz
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kas-I couldn't see the photo last nite but now I do-WOWZER!! What an incredible veiw! Is that downtown Vancouver? The rainbow sure is the icing on the cake!!

Det-so glad you are doing better! Fun Det will join us soon enough sans ADs. :l
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                            X