Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily : Monday June 18th 2012

Morning / Afternoon everyone

Just getting the coffee / tea on for you all!

I've been away down south in London at a conference and dinner and catching up with friends, these last few days.

Lots of drinking opportunities but I stayed strong and today is day 116 AF!!

Will write more later when I have time, but just wanted to get today's thread started and check in as I've not been here for a while.

Back later

Sausage x
    Day 116

Good morning Sausage & all Abbers!

The drinking opportunities will always be there Sausage & that's OK. We know how to say No Thanks & really mean it now

Nothing much happening yet today so I'll just get myself to Curves then see what develops
    Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Not much to report here, either, except that I am still sober and grateful. :-)

Thanks for the link, again, Lav. I am checking out whether I can take St. Johns Wort with my other meds. If it is okay, I will give it a shot. Det's issues with wd from his ad med are worrisome and I simply do not want to find myself in the same spot a year or so from now.

It was good to hear from you AFM. You are such a positive role model for me. I hope you know that.

Love to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi,
        This link should give you the info you need
        AMORYN - Dosage and Directions for Use

I hope you can switch over to Amoryn because it's safe & very effective!
        Just reordered mine today along with their product for sleep

Det, how are yuo doing today??

Where the heck is everyone?
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey ho fabbies!

I basically pissed away my day and I'm annoyed about it. Why can't I give myself permission to do nothing? I was in motion but accomplished nothing really. No that's not true. Maybe I never feel like I do enough. That may be hitting closer to home here. Do I smell an onion layer ready to come off? :H And somewhere deep inside, I know this is somehow related to some past drinking behavior. Suppose I'd best give it a going over now that it's in my face lately. Oh, and my knee has hurt for a week and I've had NO exercise. That'll get me pissy in a hurry. :H

So I've been here, just nothing to say really. Sober and grateful like cindi I guess. One thing's for sure.

Oh yeah, the bluebird babies launched but I didn't get to see it.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey-ho Fabbies... it's SOOOO nap time. That is all. :H

Finally back from trip to big smoke, dropped daughter and Peanut safely, re-arranged the little emporer's room, put up shelves (to hold the mountain of toys he got), hung up curtains, etc, made a ton of stops for Mr. Wonderful (car stuff, of all things)... 'twas a 9 hour escapade and now I'm ready to just collapse. Could you imagine doing this with a hang over? Gulp. No thanks.

Anyways, catch up with you all tomorrow!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Geez sunnybutt, that put me to shame! :H

Det, I don't know what to tell you about the AD. Go back on a low dose and taper more gradually? Ride it out? I thought about fasting. That might put any residue into your system but that's a long shot and I doubt you are receptive to fasting. I guess all I have is a :l
              sigpic

Comment

Hello friends,

Just checking in after my camping weekend with my siblings. We had a nice time--hubby and the boys couldn't join us, but it was comforting to know they were all helping each other out without me. Hubby got to take in a few of #2 son's baseball games and then they went to the movies for father's day. #1 son was at a basketball camp and had to work.
                It was super hot, but the campground we were at was beautiful and had elec hook ups so I kept the ac cranked. Enjoyed the time with nephews and great nieces. I was pretty proud of myself for pulling the camper that far and getting it unhooked and hooked back up again with just a little help. I dropped it off at the lake here--figured while we had it out might as well use it. Not tonight though--I'm clean and enjoyed the comforts of home in the ac.

It took awhile to get in the relaxation mode. I just don't get to do that much. I slept quite a bit. Slept in and took naps. It felt good and now it is time to get back into the swing of things.....tomorrow.

Det--I'm going to read the link you posted. My dr put me on the same AD a few months ago. I really think it helps me with the irritability mostly. I was supposed to check in with him in April, but I just keep taking it. I hope I don't have problems with withdrawal when I do go off. I am on a small dose--and I was on Lexapro before (while drinking) which I didn't think helped me much at all then.

AFM--always happy to see you check in. A new adventure sounds fun!

Sounds like everyone else is doing really well too. I had a moment this weekend where I was just so grateful to have alcohol and cigs out of my life. Camping used to involve so much of that. I'm ever so grateful that everything I do I do without being under the influence.

Have a great sober week all!:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi AFM!
                  I just saw that you checked in last night. Wishing you the best with your move & everything else too

Greenie, pissing off a day is perfectly normal behavior - we deserve a free day once in a while! What are you going to do about your knee?

Sunni, hope you are getting some rest after your fun filled weekend!!!!

LVT, nice that you had a good weekend camping. That hot weather you had is on the way here in a day or so. Can't say i'm looking forward to it but I am grateful for the AC

Doing anything without AL & smokes is always a good thing

Hope Kaslo is holding up!
                  Hello to all the MIA tonight.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1337131 wrote: Greenie, pissing off a day is perfectly normal behavior - we deserve a free day once in a while! What are you going to do about your knee?
                    Ice, ibuprofen, acupuncture and no yoga, river, or water class. :upset:

I did just have a weekend out of town you know. But you're right. I typically stay in overdrive.

LVT, I bet that was sort of relaxing without the fam. I'm glad they did well on their own.
                    sigpic

Comment

boy am I late! but feeling betterish. had a few rough hours today with work anxiety and my ever changing brain state but I'd say tonight I'm doing much better. yay! which is good as I'm back on the road tomorrow. I'm going to look into the Amoryn for sure. thanks Lav!

Greeneyes, you have my full permission to 'do things' so there!

LVT, please be careful about anti-deps. of course if you need them to get you out of a black hole, then you need them. but obviously they create thier own unique challenge after some length of time.

citalopram helped mediate my moods but I'm not sure I really needed it after making the decision to get sober. it also took away some of my real feelings/emotions/joy which annoyed me and helped me want to desist it's use.

had some odd food cravings today. banana dipped in soy/wasabi sauce turned out to be worse than it sounds.

why am I not sleepy? darn brain. yeesh.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X