Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, June 26th

Hello fabbies,

I have a few minutes to spare at the airport soooo ... You'll get your airport Starbucks.

I had a lot of anxiety over this trip, schedule changing all the time. Nevermind, I am ever ready and pretty good at improvising.

My house did not get robbed because I had the alarm on ( as we were away). The thugs' M.O. Is to hit it with you in it ( while in the garden or upstairs ). Scary - we got hiyt this way twice, before getting the hound.

Det, I'll pop in the chat room at the end of the week, I need some advice on self defence. I really feel vulnerable without my mastiff.

Have a great day fabbies, I'll send you apfel strudl later.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning Abbers,

I'm on babysitting, started at 7 am, way early :H

Shute, I hope you have a safe trip!
    I understand your concerns, it sucks to feel vulnerable in your own home. I rely on my alarm system & my piggy Swissy as well. There have been two daytime home invasions in my area in recent years

It's quite nice out this morning, no complaints from a grateful AF me
    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Where are all my Abber friends? Hopefully out doing productive and fun things!!

Weather is gorgeous here, today, and I am feeling a bit better. Not ready to run any marathons or anything but able to get out of bed some. I'll take any improvement I can get.

Sending a big hello to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Finally got to see my neurologist today and got my shots. Yippee! Turns out he had low sodium levels and was hospitalized for a month. That's why my last appointment was cancelled. I told him that I was considering seeking out an acupuncturist as well and he told me that he does acupuncture! When I go back in 6 weeks we're going to set up an appointment for acupuncture. I love this doctor and even though I was pissed that my last appointment was cancelled, I felt it had to be something serious because he is such a professional. :h

I've been dropping by and reading daily but haven't been posting much. I've been feeling a bit turned off by some of the fighting and stuff going on at this site and just haven't been feeling the connection. It hasn't been this thread at all, just the site in general. Maybe I should just come right here and ignore the rest.

I went out to dinner with my husband a few nights ago and he ordered a couple drinks. One was a glass of wine. He oohed and aahed over the wine and asked me to smell it. So I smelled it. Yeah, smells like wine. Take a sip, common' just one sip. Um, NO. WTF? Why not ask me to take a hit off of a crack-pipe while you're at it? Why can't he understand that I'm just not interested?

Comment

Hi Cindi, glad you are improving

Fly, you handled that situation with your husband quite gracefully. I think I would have accidently dumped his glass of wine in his lap :H
          Mine was here a few weeks ago offering me beer - for the love of God. I rarely ever drank beer when I was drinking
          Ignore the MWO passive aggressives ~ let them fight with each other. They piss me off too & they piss me off when they start drunk posting. Screw them
          Good to hear you were finally able to get your treatment! Sucks when the doc is out sick.
          I hope you get a chance to try accupuncture. My DIL c/o migraines & I'm about to suggest she try accupuncture.

Well I'm back home now & brought one kid with me. He didn't want to stay home with his mother & little brother...wonder why :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone

Glad you managed to get your neurology shots Fly - hope you are feeling better.

Regarding sniffing the wine, Mr Sausage is always asking me to do that - he drinks every evening he is home from his large wine store. He considers himself a wine expert. When he orders wine in restaurants he always sniffs it to check it ( doesn't take a sip like most people - says you don't need to, you can tell if it's off / corked from the smell.) I am not at all interested in smelling it - however the other night I did smell the glass when he wasn't looking and it smelt really strong and not particularly nice. Since I've stopped drinking, I'm also very aware of alcohol on people's breathe which I wasn't able to detect so much before.

Hi Shue - hope your trip goes well, check in when you can. Hope you are surviving your babysitting Lav. Cindi just noticed you are past 1 month AF, congratulations, great stuff !

Hi to everyone else to follow. Will go and watch Wimbledon now !!

Sausage x
            Day 124 AF

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm back! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just haven't had time. My DBT treatment is done for now; I begin again in September. Still sober - almost 3 months but this time I'm taking antabuse - I don't want to go through the cycle that I was on - 6-7 months then slip, then 6-7 months and then slip. So I have decided to stay on the antabuse for a year and then we'll see how I'm feeling.

Still have some bad emotion days but I am using the tools they taught me and doing well.
              Cindi - not sure what's up honey, but I'm glad you are doing better.
              I haven't been around so I haven't seen any of the grumblings but I too just tend to ignore it. I only come to this thread and that's it.

I miss you guys and hope everyone is doing well.

Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Give me an F! Give me an A! Give me a B!

Shu, pix of Vienna, plez. Cindi way to go! Uni, so glad to see you are feeling better.

Fly, I will never understand people like your hub. Or Mr. Sausage. I guess they just havent had any ill effects yet, and they are playing the role. Its taken a year, but Mr. Kaslo finally grabbed a brain, took the hint and doesnt try to get me to take a sip or any of that crap. Its like russian roulette. Oy!

And yes, Sausage I too have found that wine really reeks once you stop drinking it. Just like cig smoke stinks to high heaven after you quit. Whats with that?

We now have major floods, deaths, property losses, and its not getting any better. Its cold, wet, junuary will soon me julyuary. Not looking forward to that.

Hi Lav. Hi Greenie. Hi Det. Please send me some of that hot weather. We have the furnace on here!

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Stunning pic Kas!
                  What's up with your weather anyway? We have had a few decent days & are now awaiting another heatwave here, swell

Uni, glad to hear you are doing well. If the Antabuse is helping keep you on the straight & narrow, then so be it

sausage, don't you just wonder why some men (excuse me Det) are so self-centered? Turns out the one I'm married to had an extremely self-centered mother.......hmmmm. My husband & his three siblings never learned anything about compassion!

I survived another day of babysitting (yay for me), am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow & catching up on stuff around here then back to babysitting on Thursday, oh boy.
                  As tired as I am right now I am profoundly grateful to be healthy, sober & able to help out with the kids ~ nothing better
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Fabbers

Checking in from sunny(??) Melbourne..i am here on work for a few days..so Det I am living your dream of hotel rooms

AF time is streaming ahead..marriage is not..not sure how this will play out..stay for the sake of the kids???...it is not a bad marrage..there is just no love on my part..so do I play happy families until the kids leave ??? who knows..I am thinking about seeing my AL counceller again as she does couples councelling as well. Just having someone to talk to will help I think. All I can say is that I am so thankful that I am sober..the feelings I feel/dont feel are real and are not clouded or influenced by AL.

:l to you all.

Hope you have a wonderful day

One thing is from DAMN sure

Comment

Working...
                    X