Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July's Jolly Journey - week 1

Good Morning Everyone

Thought I would get us on our jolly way into another month.
    Today I am 2.5 years AF! :yougo:

Lav - wouldn't you love to get inside YBs head?! Maybe not.... I hope he does improve although I don't think it's ever going to change his lack of communication skills. I hope you got some enjoyment out of lunch even although you had to pay :H

Rusty - I can't believe you have been to Leamington Spa! That's incredible, out of all the dozens of small towns in England, wow. So glad you liked it there. So now you are getting up at normal time instead of a Rusty o'clock. Sounds like all these changes are going to benefit you and your wellbeing so much.

Nothing much to report here, it's early, I've been out dog walking and now back in bed. The sun is streaming in the window and I'm considering having my 1st coffee since Tuesday. (I stopped it when I had the UTI). Do you remember the friend I had who came over to Portugal and got trashed on drink and drugs, messed up his hotel and missed his flight? He is 6 months sober and doing amazingly! He wants to take me to Rome for a few days to say Thankyou for being such a good friend for the last 25 years! How could I refuse.....

Wishing you all a wonderful sober Sunday.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off Chill and massive congratulations on your 2.5 years AF. You have achieved so much over the past while and I am glad to have shared that journey with you. Sorry that you were feeling yugh the past few days, hope the antibiotic is working. Have never been to Lemington Spa, there are so many places in England and Scotland that I want to see. Wow, Rome thats really nice of him and no more than you deserve, enjoy.

Lav - baby steps. He does seem to be making more of an effort lately. The important thing is that you are looking after number one and getting on with your life :H:H you are right about the wallet, I remember that.

Rusty - you sound so good lately, its wonderful. Enjoy the time with your Mum.

Dill - Condolences, hope you have a safe trip.

Papmom - hope you are ok, we miss you, check in if you get a chance.

Busy day yesterday and had a 5.30am start so was really tired. Daughter did not get placed. She was called in 2nd but was put back after he did his show piece. All part of competing but it was good experience.

Star, LBH, SD, Jolie and all others big hello and have a great week.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning all,

All I can think of now is that yucky kiddy candy 'Jolly Ranchers' :H :H

Chill, CONGRATS on 2.5 AF years :yay:
      It just keeps getting better & better! Wonderful about your friend's progress too. I wouldn't turn down a trip to Rome....
      Glad you are feeling better too!

Before I forget to mention ~ Papmom has been posting lots on FB the past few days re missing dogs! I think she's just wrapped up in all that right now.

Rustop, sorry about your daughter's day but I'll bet she learned a lot!
      I see everyone around here pulling their horse trailers & often wonder if they are also competing somewhere. Maybe you girls can bring your horse here someday: Fair Hill International
      This event bring a lot of folks into my area

I was outside with Matilda at 6:30 this morning, the heat & humidity already oppresive, yuck.
      Wishing everyone a cooler AF Sunday

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning Jumping Jolly Ones,

Chill, congratulations on your 2.5 years AF!:yay::wd: And as a reward for all your hard work and commitment, you were a fabulous influence on your friend's newfound sobriety and he is rewarding you with a trip to Rome.:l Well, you deserve it. I'm glad you're feeling better. Oh yeah, caffeine is the worst thing you can have when you have a UTI. I also meant to say that I feel badly about the distance between you and your new friend. You really seem to get along well. It will sort itself out, though. I have faith in you.

Lav, yes, I remember your story about YB forgetting his wallet last year, too. ARGH...the second year in a row he's worn his cheap suit to your anniversary. I'm so glad he's on meds, though, and hope he sticks with them. I am so with Rustop on this. Baby steps, and good for you for knowing not to have unreasonable expectations of greatness from someone who has a longtime history of unreasonableness (made-up word). Now that's called Lavinitude. Lav, thanks for updating us on Papmom. She's just the most passionate person when it comes to dogs, and people in need, isn't she?

Rustop-I'm sorry your daughter did not place. I hope you have a restful day.

Ok, off I go.....early drive to my Mom's. It's another sunny day here with temps expected to be in the 90s. It's an unhung Sunday morning and I'm ready to take on the day.

I just wanted to mention one very positive thing that's happened to me since I really got serious about being AF. It's the relationship with my brother. He's 8 years older than I am, and it was he and my SIL who were the instigators of me going to rehab on that fateful day, October 13, 2008. They were convinced that rehab was the most effective way of dealing with my AL problem, and they were not open to hearing about any other alternatives. As you all know here, I refused to go. So, they were very cool to me for a while because they didn't trust me. I had let them down so many times in the past.....being late for family events, and when I showed up, I reeked of booze. Without telling him so, I've proven him and my SIL wrong, and my relationship with my brother is even better than it was before. He is much closer to my sister, as she is closer in age and they went to the same school and have mutual friends. I'm the baby of the family and since my sister and brothers are so much older, I always felt like I was the "odd man out." That has changed dramatically. He calls me and asks if he can visit for the day. He says, "I love you," in e-mails. We have long conversations. When I was in the hospital with my neck injury last year, he was the first one to call, and at the end of the conversation, he said, "I love you, Rusty. I'm so glad you're ok and you're coming home soon."

Have a lovely AF July 1st, friends!:h

Comment

oh Rusty, your story about your Brother made me cry! I think that is so beautiful. We get so tied up when it comes to telling loved ones how we feel and men are usually the worst offenders. Your Brother sounds like a wonderful person and I so admire him for saying these 3 simple words which mean so much. :l
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Happy Sunday morning...

Lav, so your anniversary was not as bad as you thought, and not as good as you hoped. Talk about passive aggressive behavior!!! Forgetting his wallet, I had to laugh. I am so happy to hear he is taking Celexa, it is a start. Relationships are messy, and we have to take what we can get sometimes.

My husband has been moody, never feels well, and goes to the doctor all the time. I really think dietary changes would help him, but he is on the man diet most of the time and there is nothing I can do about it. I just live my life and try and be healthy myself. I think when we are married a long time are expectations just are lower, I know mine are. The rich history we have and the shared memories are a positive. Hope this was not TMI.

Chill, 2.5 years, wow, how wonderful. I know you were a positive influence on your friend and a trip to Rome is something to look forward to. Glad you are on the mend.

Rusty, loved your story about your brother. It is hard to have relationships while drinking heavily and your experience shows this. I am going to the pool myself today.

Rustop, sorry your daughter did not place, but the experience was good. Sometimes I wish that there were no award systems, just doing your best.

Greetings to LBH, Jolie, Dill, and everyone else. Have a great Sunday.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Hello Journeyers, I am just back from the funeral and am still exhausted from the traveling. I haven't even had time to read back, but will. I just wanted to check in and also to thank you Chill for getting us off to a good start. I love the name, although just at the moment I am not feeling quite jolly. I'll get there though!

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a good af evening.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi All!

I'm with Dill...just got back from the lake (had a fabulous time) but just checking in to say hello and heading off to unpack and then to bed. Congratulations Chill on 2.5 years!! :yougo::yougo: YOU ROCK!!! You're "English" man sounds dreamy!! Thanks for starting us off in July!!!

Ok...I'll be back tomorrow!!! Good night!!
                SD
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Sunny, hot & humid already today - getting tiresome. Grateful for my AC, oh so grateful :H

Greetings Rusty & nice to hear about your relationship with your brother. My brothers remain in their self-absorbed worlds. As a matter of fact, the oldest is heading back into the hospital again tomorrow. He's a train wreck. Hope all is well with your Mom

Hope you got so rest Dill. I am no road warrior anymore, it is exhausting just riding in a car

Hi Star, Chill, SD & everyone!

Well, I need to push myself out the door to Curves before it gets any hotter outside (never did get there on Friday). Wishing everyone a good, AF Monday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in from me. Daughter and boyfriend went to London this morning so I was up again at 5.30am to take them to the airport. Off to Helsinki with hubby on Wednesday so looking forward to that. It will be nice to get away from all the madness.

Have a great AF week one and all.

Rustop

Comment

It's "out of the frying pan, into the fire!" here. I had a good af rejuvenating night's sleep and awoke refreshed with all the road weariness brushed away. But today we have been outside dealing with the aftermath of the terrible storm of Friday evening. Plus we had another one on Saturday afternoon! The Friday storm took out a tree top and many branches, power for awhile and internet for about 24 hours which is one reason why I didn't check in Saturday morning before we left. The Saturday storm took out some deck plants and re-arranged some outdoor furniture and took out large chunks of another Maple in the yard. It's alot to clean up for two old folks. Looks like today hold another form of exhaustion!

I must say, I think of you, Lav, when I am outside doing maintenance and clean up work. Country life has its downside, eh?

Rusty, thank you for sharing that touching story about your relationship with your brother. Another "small miracle" of being af!
                      Back to work now.!Happy AF Monday!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

What a mess to sort through, Dill, the weather and its winds, fires, and floods can really shift us. I trust you will be careful and move slowly. Happy July to all, a beautiful month to be free of alcohol and other things that lower one?s life force. While I don?t think I have ever been ?jolly? in my life, I have flirted with ?merry? a couple of times and shall work on it. Yesterday I invited a couple of medically fragile gentlemen for lunch and sent them home with a big bouquet of flowers and fifteen medium size tomatoes from my earliest variety (I picked twenty-one yesterday morning); if things keep up I should be able to provide summer treats for a number of people who can?t have gardens of their own. Perhaps this could help me get my jolly on. Love, Ladybird.
                        may we be well

Comment

My grandson is taking a break from the kiddie pool & is sitting in the kitchen playing with the iPad

Rustop, a trip to Helsinki sounds very nice, enjoy!!!

Dill, I was wondering if you had storm damage. Please don't try to clean it all up today, it can wait. Country living, as I'm finding out is for the young & energetic. I am neither of those anymore :H
                          My focus is trying to keep the chickens alive with extra ice & frozen treats, keeping the dogs inside for the most part....not much else.

LBH, I probably never appear jolly on the outside but I know there is a fair amount of jolly-ness (new word) on the inside
                          Awesome that you are picking tomatoes already! Mine seem sluggish while everything else is growing like crazy.

I sent papmom a message on FB this morning - hope to hear something from her.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just found cyntree posted on last month's thread - here's her post!
                            Hope you feel better very soon cyn :l

cyntree;1344766 wrote: Hello all - jumping on quickly to say hi. Moved last Sunday, everything is still in boxes. We have been dealing with 'restoring' the rental, which now the landlady has moved her husband into for the next 6 weeks and still thinks that we should be paying rent, upkeep and utilities. Trying to deal with that. I am tired, weigh 105 pounds, and am being treated for Lyme's. Still AF, though, and we have a house that will be good for us, if I ever get us moved in. Miss everybody tons, and I promise to come back on a regular basis soon. Take care all ---
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi July Journeyers- a very subdued and somewhat depressed papmom here. Sorry I was mia for so long but honestly, it seemed like I only had negative things to say. Well, things have gotten worse and I'm not sure what to do.

I've been passed over for promotion-no reason given and not allowed to ask why. Complicated. It's all political and I'm positive its a cleaning house sort of thing. I interviewed today for a job in the IT department but despite being asked to apply (been there done that), I don't have a good feeling. I fear I will need to reinvent myself at the ripe old age of 55 because if I don't get the IT job I can't stay where I am for much longer. No idea where to go or where to turn. There are no jobs out there now and I'm not sure I can go through anymore interviews only to fail at securing a new job. Financially I'm hurting too. My new PT job is not turning out to be as helpful with my bills as I thought. The travel is just close enough to waste gas but not recoup in miliage $$ and if I'm out in western ma I get the mileage money but also use a ton of gas. I've also screwed myself by taking one weekend a month off but I really can't do 7days a week forever and ever. I do love the job tho so will stick with it for now.

I've been too depressed to even clean the house, do the dishes or laundry and it's been too hot to do any yard work. I did try to work on the paphut yesterday as I had an unexpected day off but the project turned out to be a failure so I had to give up.

See, nothing but negativity. So you now all know I'm alive but really, not great company at all.
                              I just wish I could catch a break you know?

Lav-thank you so much for the PM today on FB. I tried to reply back via my phone but it would not go through. We had major internet and system crashes over the weekend due to the AC shutting down and I swear it affected my cell phone coverage for some reason!

Dill-so sorry to hear about the yard damage but you do have power right? I'm with Lav-take the clean up slow and hire someone to do the bulk of it for you! Glad you returned safe and sound from the funeral. So sorry to hear a family member had passed on.

Rusty-you are just glowing these days girl!! Hope your mom feels better real soon.

Chill-so glad you're feeling better! yes, sometimes we do have to "drink the poison" in order to get well again. I love the name of your soon to be new town! Who wouldn't love to live in a town that had "spa" in its name!!

SD-you're in love!! Yay!! go with the flow girl and just be yourself during the festivities. I know that you really don't want to drink at these events so please don't feel pressured! You have your special mocktail and revel in how great you will feel the next day!! You probably do need to tell J something about how AL affects you tho. He deserves to know don't you think?

Cyntree- healing thoughts going out to you and please don't let the landlady bully you!! Really, the nerve!! I'm sure your new house will be gorgeous and just the retreat you both have been looking for!!

LBH-I just love your posts! So elegant, so real. Toes being investigated and head being strafed! Love it!!

Rustop-safe travels to Helsinki and have fun!!

Star-sorry to hear about your hubby's health. Happy to hear your son is doing so well!!

Jolie-hope all is well with you.

time to feed the pack and crawl into bed with my book. It's due tomorrow!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X