AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Happy July 4th USA members!! Everyone else can celebrate what they want-don't want to insult ye of British rule LOL!!

Well, this is a first-Papmom starting a thread???? I had to run out for coffee and stickies but they are here as well as good strong TEA!!

Where is Shue? Where is Dizzy? Where is Fly and Almost? Turn?

Greenie-glad to hear DG is doing just fine. Hope the family stuff gets sorted out soon. Is her Dad oK? Don't even see her on FB anymore!!

TDN-let's make this a REAL Independence Day for you ok? Independence from addiction and from beating ourselves down!! We can do this!!

Sausage-enjoy your vaca!!

Hi Cindi-keep up the great work!!

Kas-is it warming up at all in the Kootneys for ya? Anymore pics?

Lav-we're a cool 67 this morning with rain and clouds? Any relief for you and the girls?

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support. It's been a tuff week. Today I'm doing a lot of introspection and research. I need to find out what I'm reinventing myself as!!

Did I see Uni pop in here a while back?? Uni-are you doing well?
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Hi Pap and all to follow

I'm really struggling with the Internet here, the Wi Fi connection is really unstable and I don't have reliable Internet here on holiday. This is day 4 of my holiday and the weather is very wet ( like most of UK) so we are swimming a lot. -great indoor and outdoor water park fortunately - so the kids are loving it.

Yes I've noticed too that there's a lot of people not around at the moment - maybe they are away, hope we here from them soon. Greenie, am so pleased to learn that you've heard from DG.

Well last night went out for dinner, and it was relatively easy being AF. Today is day 132 AF.

Will try and check in when I can, if I hadn't been able to log in Monday / Tues I don't know what would have happened but I am feeling a lot more confident now. If you don't hear from me it's probably because I'm having Internet trouble!

Have a good day all - especially those of you in USA

Sausage x
    Day 132 AF

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Good morning everyone and Happy 4th of July! I have a busy, busy day planned and I have no worries about being AF because anything else is not even an option! I am off to get ready for the parade..I am riding in a "Tiny House" that my neighbor built...too hot to ride my horse...ugh! I have been practicing my "wave" heehe! Then it is off to a couple of bbq's...the pool and then the fireworks tonight. It is going to be a beautiful AF day I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

Congrats Sausage....132 days....AWESOME!

Hi Pap....thanks for the coffee, tea and stickies.....yummy!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

True independence is my wish for everyone

papmom - what? You never started the Daily thread before? Well ~ it was your turn :H
        EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNINGS go into effect at 11 am here - lovely

Destiniey, stay cool for your parade today & I hope you get the queen-like wave going!

Sausage, you are doing a great job. Have fun on your damp vacation

I am expecting most of the family today - pretty sure my son is working as usual.
        It will be hot, sunny & buggy today. At least the fireworks show has not been cancelled & I'm happy to just sit & watch them from the relative comfort of my deck.

Thinking of you DG & TDN :l

Wishing everyone a safe & totally free July 4!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

I'm here and AF, just not feeling talkative. It's nice to see you in an upbeat mood P3. I hope things are better for you. :l

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

hey Fly-there you are!! No, not really feeling better-just trying to fake it!
            Hope everyone has a great time at their BBQs etc. I'm trying to stay cool and calm in what little AC I have here. The sun came out and it got HOT! I tried to do a little yard work in front but it was just too steamy.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

I AM queen of the universe! This morning I mowed the whole tundra (my knee's feeling better and I got a new brace I used) and went to a charity yoga class for needy in the community. I am grateful to be on the giving end.

The class was about freedom and what freedom means to you. To find YOUR place in which you feel free, which often means letting go of some things. Timely for me. It's time to start dismantling the protective brick wall I built so I can really spread my wings. Somehow what rings true for me is to go ahead and allow myself to be vulnerable so that I may achieve that freedom. I'm thinking this isn't going to be so easy.

Fly, good to see you. Glad you're still hanging around even if you dont' feel like talking.

P3, there is something to the "fake it till you make it" approach. Seriously, on a cellular level, metaphysical, vibrational energy kinda thing. Keep at it!

So here's what DG said "Please let anyone who might be worried know that I am sober, and very grateful to be sober going through this difficult family time. Sobriety is a very worthwhile endeavor and never have I appreciated that more than I do today." The difficult time is her father's final phase of his life and his passing on Monday. I know you'll keep her in your thoughts and prayers. :h

Turnip is surely off the Colorado River by now isn't she??? I'd love to hear about that.

Among the no around list is sunnybutt. I'd like to hear she's doing well.

Tally ho.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Hey all I am doing fine.

DG! BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU. I am so sorry for your loss. I had to send you my love. :h

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, but no stranger to very short failed attempts at quitting drinking. Hopefully, this is Day One AF.
                  I'm praying as hard as I can.

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Hello friends,

Looks like everyone is having a busy and fun-for -the -most-part summer. Pap, so sorry to hear that things don't seem to be going your way. Hopefully that will change soon!

Also very sorry to hear of DG's dad's passing. It can be very bittersweet watching your parents suffer with illness and then gratefully move on in their journey. I spend a lot of time reflecting on my parents/childhood, etc.

It has been super duper hot here. I'm not complaining, because you guys know I like it hot!:H I try to get out and get my work done outside early while it's cool, and then work inside afternoon-afternap. I've spent a lot of time watching my son and his friends play baseball and that has been a blast!!

I always manage to get so far behind it gets harder and harder to catch up! The garden has been neglected, I'm still not done with my front yard project and the house is a mess. But I do feel like I'm gaining again.

It doesn't really feel like a holiday. I'm not really into this one, so just going to enjoy getting some work done. Maybe I'll make myself get out and go to the rodeo this evening.

Take care and stay sober everyone!!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Juy 4th 2012

Happy 4th of July to all my Amerifab friends! As for the rest of yez, happy Hump the Garbage out the Driveway Day. Greenie included in that one. Wecome FortheProphet. This is a hot spot for sobriety. We take all your miserable huddled masses, so and so forth. I just discovered I missed paying my property taxes yesterday...Aggggh! But what ever, cant pay them anyway. As William Kotzwinkle (my fave writer) once wrote " Bills arent too bad, if you dont pay em".

Ima have a dealcoholized cider out on the pool deck watching the river roar along down to Colville Washington. The snow is still up on Grassy Mountain. But its sunny down here.

Love to all
                      One thing is for danged sure. Where the heck is DET?
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X