Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Saturday, July 7

Good morning, Abbers!
    Starting another hot and humid day here and hoping we get a little bit of rain! Have a full day of work ahead, and must be ready for yet another deluge of tourists Maybe they'll all go to the beach today.
    Hope you all have a good AF day! Day 4 for me.
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

TDN it just makes me smile to see you starting the thread, dearie! Congrats on 3 days behind you!

Mick congrats on your 3 days as well!

LAv, did you see that LVT eats her chickens? Does one not eat layers or is it just a personal preference?

So, I bought a fridge. I bought an LG. I have had kenmore this and that over time and been happ with all, but this had a good deal and features I preferred. Thanks for the recs though lav and P3.
    I never did get to my sisters. Instead,on the 4th my attic AC unit didn't drain to the outside, and the drain pan overflowed ruining 2 ceilings. Then on the 5th a microstorm tore off (almost) huge branches from a cedar that touch the ground but are still attached way up high. Then yesterday the fridge died. I suppose it was a good thing I didn't go away because if I wasn't here, 2 of the three would have been way worse. I couldn't even imagnine navigating this not sober. I feel sick when I think of the drywall dust and all that shit. :upset: Nothing's as bad when you're AF though. That's for sure.

Off to work to pay for my new appliance.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Waiting to see 103 degrees today, heat index will be 110-115 YIKES!!!

TDN, So happy for you
      I do hope the AC is in good order in your shop today!

Greenie, geez you have had your share of BS this week. Navigating all that sober is a good thing
      I love new appliances, hope yours is great!
      About the dry wall dust - been there & done it - over & over again
      Hang in there!!!

Suppose I should prepare for some violent storms too - they will get here eventually.
      Wishing everyone a supercool day

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning everyone!
        Oh Greenie-dry wall dust again and so soon??? I'm so sorry to hear about all the freakish things that happened this week. Yep, drunk you would be in rehab right now I'm thinking as everything would have been magnified 100,000 times!! Sober-you will deal with it just as it is and day by day. I'm sure you learned some things about contractors and remodeling from the bathroom journey. Glad the cedars didn't fall on your house! See, things could have been much worse your highness!!

Lav-T storms tonite here too. Just hope they wait until after 5 so I can get the kids in the basement if need be. Not that the basement is setup as a shelter like it was last year. Just haven't gotten to it yet! Hot here too but mostly mid 90's. My LR AC seems to be running a little warm. Sigh.

Yea TDN for starting the thread and welcoming day 3 of your sobriety!! Hope the crowds aren't too bad or unruly and yes, I hope they all go to the beach! Hope also that your boss sees the need for a temp extra clerk. My sis was at Hampton Beach yesterday but you guys are on Lake W right?
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Quick hello from me

I am really envious of you with all this hot weather.

TDN I wish I could send you some of the rain we are experiencing at the moment in the UK, if that's what you want!

Having another great day on holiday despite the weather. Going out for a curry tonight and am very confident I'll have no problems with keeping it AF.

Have a great day all

Sausage x
          Day 135

Comment

Abbers!

Cool and wet here! Can't beat an English summer :H

Greenie - sorry you've got all that crap going on. If it's any consolation I think I might have a mouse in the kitchen. Eek. Something nibbled at the food recycling bin the other night, and I'm refusing to think r*t.

Three Dog, Lav and Pap, stay cool. Sausage, stay warm.

Have a good day everyone.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello friends,

We had quite a loud thunderstorm last night and awoke to wet ground and cooler temps. What a relief! Now I just need some motivation to start operation catch up.

#1 son has been acting a little strange. This morning at 5am he woke me up to ask what work I had for him to do today. He couldn't sleep and he wanted to get an early start. I am a little concerned about the not sleeping thing, this is the 2nd time this week. The other morning he came inside and I thought he had snuck out and was just getting home. But he said he couldn't sleep so went for a walk. The next night he stayed at a friends house and slept until 2 in the afternoon! I think he is like a baby and has his days and nights mixed up. I suppose it is too much to expect that he is maturing and getting a little more responsible and gaining a little more work ethic.

Greenie, I have an LG and so far I really like it. Ours is really big which is nice for our family. Unfortunately they don't build anything to last these days. Sorry you had a week from hell--when it rains it pours, eh?

We do butcher our own chickens. I'll spare you the details. We have friends that help--we raise the chickens--they pay cost for theirs and help with the processing. They will be 52 days old and approx 5#. One of my friends would butcher her hens after they were a few years old. Kind of tough--but good for stewing.

Hoping everyone has a great sober weekend and that our friends that are MIA are simply busy with their af lives!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Abstinence Fabbers. Thanks TDN for starting the thread. You are a bit subdued, but you sound good. I hope you had an easy day of it. Having a lot on your plate makes being AF so much better.

Hi Lavander gal. I hope the storms give you a pass. Every year we watch the east coast get thrashed. Its scary.

Well done Pap on monkey wrenching your Paphut into electrical submission.

Greenie, so sorry to hear about the multiple disasters. A new fridge eh? They are all good. I am a conniseur of fine fridges, myself. I used to have three! I sent one old one to the scrap heap recently, even though it still worked. (I have a frankenstien / ecotox/ pathology / soil and plant identification lab in my house, dont ask). You are right about coping is easier but why the feck do we have to cope at all? I ask you.

Swa-sauge....you are doing so well! I think you people of the sceptred isle have way too many vacays though. I could sure use one, see below.

Marshy, another bubonic plague outbreak in London would not be a good thing. Id lend you my cat, if I could.

LVT your son is wonderful! He is what, mid teens? THey have such a time with sleeping. If he is waking early, its possibly a sign he is actually an incipient early riser. The best time of day! And if hes coming to you asking for work or something to do, you are SO lucky!! He sounds like such a marvelous young man. treasure him, dear, he will be your buddy for life. Not so my girls, they devote their lives to the men or friends and they love me, but they are very distant some times. More members of their new households than close to me. Im ok with that. Its all good.

Im taking notes on the chickens btw. Used to help with slaughtering chickens when I was a kid. Blech. But the result is such nice chicken, cant beat it really.

Well, I WAS going to leave on Sunday for the north, but I cant get the gun man I like until two weeks from now. Hes off on some spill some where. He called me this morning, and I really trust and like this guy, so I think I will wait for him to return. There is no reason I cant delay, and I sure would like a few days off myself. The weather has finally turned into sunny days. I have gardening to do. I could go to the Okanagan and get some cherries, or something. So I will find out if the clients will buy the excuse.

Down to the river I go. Thinking of you all today.

Kaslo of the thawed and warming up blue sky North
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi again all,

I missed the warm welcomes from the other day but thank you! As much as I love the Nest I could use some extra inspiration from long termers right now and, indeed Papmom, from people taking this all very seriously as that's certainly where my head is at right now.

I started a thread in General recently ('Finally after a year I am ready') that goes into it more indepth but, in brief, I have been 'trying to quit' - never making it to 30 days and all the while knowing I hadn't yet accepted the idea of Never Again completely - for an entire year now, but I think (fervently hope!) I have reached a turning point of acceptance and feeling the first real glimpses of that willingness to commit. So, right now I am trying to do all I can to strengthen and maintain that resolve least I slide back into euphoric recall.

It's after two am here Down Under so i'm not sure how eloquent that all was, but I look forward to getting to now you all better.

Lilly

Comment

Evening all as it is over here..hope you are all well

Threedog..how have you done today? hot and humid with a little rain....we have had hot rain and cold rain and a quick look at the orange thing in the sky!

Greeneyes sounds like you havent had that much of a great time..still you did it without the demon well done

Lav ..how has your day been? good I hope.

Well nearly the end of af day 4..half the first weekend without it.

Take care all enjoy the rest of the af weekend

Mick
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Congratulations Mick. thats really great!

LillyE, it took me years to finally get up enuff hatred for the stuff. To the point where I really dispised the whole thing. I dont know if this will help, but have you read the thread by DG called what I loathe, hate, dispise etc about drinking? (Not sure what order but you get my idea...) Its well worth it if you havent looked at it. But then if youve been here a year you are probably already very familar.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

ANYWAY. Well done... lol!
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Well,
                        I heard thunder a while ago but it hasn't gottern here yet. At least someone is getting some relief from the heat
                        I really shouldn't complain, I am quite comfy in the AC. My chickens are all still alive, so far. They went through 15 lbs of ice & frozen veggies in addition to their regular feed & water today. God bless the 'girls'

Greetings to Lily & Mick! Happy to see both of you here & doing well!

Hello to Kaslo, Marshy, LVT & anyone who dropped by today
                        Wishing everyone a great night!

Where's Det??
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just a quick good night and happy to have made it through day 4! Less anxiety most of the day--took my second Amoryn at 1:00 p.m. Immediately after i take it, I feel funny--kind of nervous almost. But then it starts to work and the anxiety lessens. Not taking another until a.m. though. Have tomorrow off, so will go for an early walk, meet friends for breakfast, go to church, and have friends for dinner later. Couldn't do that if I wasn't AF!
                          TDN
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

Kaslo, I have read that thread ages ago but it's a great time for me to retread it - and maybe post my own - so thanks for the link!

I just got 'Sober is my New Drunk' on Kindle, anyone read that? I'm a huge reader so always love book recommendations re sobriety. Read about 12 so far, got different things from them all. (And, yep, I know about the reading thread

Any fellow Down Under people here out of curiosity? You'll find me posting at off times due to being in Australia.

Papmom, I appreciate the encouragement to post a new plan, and will, as that's something I'm working on - where I've gone wrong in the past, what I need to do differently next time - and I always love to read what's worked for others here.

Tonight, i have yet another event that is typically booze soaked. (my personal and even professional life involve a LOT of such occasions and it's such an ingrained part of the culture here it's quite astonishing once you step back from it.) But it is fine as I feel so resolved I am truly not that bothered. I'm going to take some good quality sparkling mineral water, limes and these gorgeous fresh cherries the veg shop next door is selling at the moment instead of wine. If I have time I may even make a cherry clafoutis.

I also got an email from an old friend who I KNOW has a huge alcohol problem but is the sort of defensive about it that there'd be NO point saying anything to her - and in fact i've dreaded her reaction to my being AF (she posted something on Facebook once saying 'enough is enough now' when I was talking about doing Dry July). Anyway, she was talking about having a 'hellish' day due to a night out, embarrassing herself in front of students, vomiting in the toilets the next day at work etc. so I responded sympathetically and opening up about my own struggle and efforts to quit. Will be interested to see if and how she responds!

Happy sober Sunday all. Or, er, whatever day it is when you're reading this!

Comment

Working...
                            X