Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Daily, Saturday July 14th

Hello abbies,

I'll be serving the coffee well iced today and indoors ... It is roasting outside.

I am in full spudding mode ... My boy is in Turkey with my parents, my nutter hubby went to play golf and get properly baked. I have the house to myself and I'll be damned if I drink. Home alone used to be my favorite drinking time.

Might move off the coach only to make cold tomato soup.

Kas, can I send you some sunshine and hugs. Vent some more.

Pap, glad it all went well.

Marshy, where abouts in Greece are you headed?

TND - so glad Bud is feeling better.

Have a great weekend, all.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi Shue and all to follow.

Ooh I fancy an iced coffee and then cold tomatoe soup - do you have a recipie? However it's certainly not roasting here, although amazingly its not actually raining at the moment.

Pleased to hear all went well with your Dad Pap, and TDN glad Bud is feeling better. Hope you are feeling a little better today Kas.

Have a great AF weekend, today is day 142 AF for me.

Comment

Hi Shue how are you? weather abs lovely here..sun cracking the flags tho says rain later..even thinking of bbq was up this morning about 5..even then it was lovely.
      How you doing sausage? well done on 142.. Im just a starter.. day 11.To you both and everyone else..have a good af weekend..dont let the wee devil tempt you

Mick
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
        Thanks for the iced coffee, Shue! Hot here, too--probably near 90 degrees today. I've been up since 5:30 and am walking at 7:30 and maybe picking raspberries if they are ready. Made some nice blueberry scones a few days ago and they turned out well.
        Don't have to go to work until 3:00, as I switched with a co-worker whose husband complained that she has too many evening hours. Then we were invited to a lobster bake, and it is the second fun dinner I have to miss. Our friend is a former checf, so you know it is going to be great. Mr TDN said he wasn't going without me, but I told him how stupid that is, and have convinced him to go. They may still be going when i get out at 9:30 and i could stop by for a bit. This a.m. Mr TDN is taking my car for a muffler check up, as it started making noises yesterday I plan to look at a video on chalk paint and work a bit on the projects I started a month ago. Just need to do the wax part, I think.
        Kas, hope things are better for you today.
        Pap3, so happy your dad came through his surgery! I hope he makes a full recovery. Do you have a demo today? talked with a friend and former colleague via Facebook last night, and she works for one of the raw pet food companies. They will be looking to bring a rep back to New England in January, and if all goes well and I have my license back, it might work for me. You know that is where my heart is and is an area I do have some expertise in.
        I have to do my alcohol ed classes two Saturdays and one Sunday later this month, but can still do the evening shift at work.
        Sausage, I'd be happy to send you some of our hot weather:H
        Will be back throughout the day to check in with everyone.
        Have a great AF day!
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Rain showers in my neighborhood this morning ~ better than excessive heat

I love iced coffee shue! I just may make some tomato soup myself before too long. I am collecting tomatoes from my garden

Greetings Sausage & Mick!

A lobster bake sounds perfect TDN - you should try to go if at all possible!
          Looking forward to getting your license back & a great job possibility are wonderful things
          You will soar through your classes because we'll all be right there with you!

Today will be a clean up day around here for me & maybe a movie or two on Netflix.
          Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Saturday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

shueaddict;1349828 wrote:
            Marshy, where abouts in Greece are you headed?
            Paxos, can't wait! Wet and cold in London, hot, hot, hot in Paxos!:toohot::toohot::toohot:

New app that shows the effect of heavy drinking: Angelina Jolie looks ten years older with new iPhone App | The Sun |News
            Would any of us have believed it, though?

Have a good day all!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good Morning All
              Pap-glad to hear all is well with Dad
              Spent the last two days sitting waiting for my lawyer to phone and didn't hear from her.
              Two weeks ago would have been sitting here with my BF vodka but not now. Learning patience but still working on recentment.
              Have a great AF weekend, I know I plan to.

Comment

Checking in to tell Turn and the rest that all is well in Flyland. :H

I'll be at 5 months in a few days and I'm not going back evah!

Comment

Hugs to you Fly! Thanks for 'checking in'....I've been gone so I haven't caught all the way up. Congrats on your solid AF time. I KNOW it is truly different for you, too, this time. Feels like......mmmmm....
                  life is just good again - even when circumstances aren't always the best...ya know?
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Good evening all,

Turn - we need to get your party plans in place!!!! Your 1 year anni(s) are right around the corner

Fly, a 5 month party for you! So glad you are doing well!

Marshy, that app = yuck :H :H
                    Sure hope you enjoy all that heat in Greece

Hello porqouri, glad you are hanging in with the rest of us. AF is the way to go

Nothing spectacular to report, just a busy day for Lav.
                    Wishing everyone a good AF night!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X