Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning about being Sober

Hi Folks,

If you have read my last posts, I have been through various stages, as I'm sure a lot of the people here have . I realized today, that the last year is really the first time in about 7 years that I have made a concerted,conscious effort to become sober, modify and just generally deal with my drinking.

I have gone from a sort of euphoria at not drinking for 5 days, fear that I will start drinking again, extreme cravings, then often disinterest in drinking, thoughts of modding, thoughts of never drinking again, declarations to myself, ....blah..blah...

Anyway, with each attempt to give up, I feel I am learning so much more about myself ,the triggers, the feelings of being sober, and sort of practicing sober life.

This time i feel kind of quiet about the whole thing. No grand proclamations, no Idea if i will permanently stop, just the final realization that I like myself and my life sober so much more. I am committed to the exploration of a sober life. I want to have 30 days sober, that can be a start.

And i look so much prettier when I don't drink My secretary was watching me walk towards her today, and she had a big grin on her face, I asked her what she was smiling about, and she said "you look really hot"

So, I'm not going to fight the beast of booze addiction this time, I'm going to treat it as a misguided friend. By friend, i mean that i have learnt more from experiencing alcohol addiction, than i think i have anything in my whole life. I know the journey will be long...and maybe trying sometimes...but i intend to go gently....This forum is part of my journey, and I'm looking forward to who I may become

Daya, what a lovely post....you'll get there. Reading from those that have 'got there', one of the main things in making it work is a genuine 'want' for the sober life more than the drinking one.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks daisy

The spirit is willing, just need to get the flesh on board

daisy45;1352425 wrote: Daya, what a lovely post....you'll get there. Reading from those that have 'got there', one of the main things in making it work is a genuine 'want' for the sober life more than the drinking one.

Comment

I agree. Nice post
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
        X