trying to abstain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to abstain

Well I am new to the monthly abstinence forums and think this might be a good place for me. I am not new to stopping drinking and then starting and so on we go. Am going to some AA meetings and also another form of group therapy. All compounded with a huge professional workload and family responsibilities that can't be avoided - like lots of people. :new:

trying to abstain

Hello & welcome treetops,

Glad you decided to join us
    Getting off the roller coaster of stopping, starting & stopping again is a tremendous relief!
    For me it was all about finally being truthful with myself & accepting that I can no longer drink AL.

Use the Tool box for ideas to help you expand on your plan & vist & post often.
    Being accountable for your actions really helps!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

trying to abstain

TTs: I just noticed your post. There is an AA weekly thread you might find interesting. I tried & tried to get sober before joining AA & just couldn't maintain. I found that I needed the face-to-face contact w/other alcoholics in order to stay sober for the 3 years I have now. I take my sobriety one day at a time. Any day I don't drink is a good day for me. Good luck. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

trying to abstain

Hi treetops..how are you?:welcome:.The number of people that are on this site who have been in the same position as yourself is a significant number..me included.Some can take it and leave it some cant..me I cant and seems like you are in that category too.Lav has got it right..the first step is to get your mindset round the fact that for you alcohol is a no no.Ther is plenty of support here so welcome and please join in.
        Mick
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

trying to abstain

Have managed more AL free days than not lately. I am not kidding myself. I have to abstain. Its just the devil in me that takes over - late afternoon. I need to expunge this beast.
          :thanks:

Comment

Working...
          X