AF day Tuesday 24th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Tuesday 24th July

And gooood morning everybody!!!Hows everybody today then??Start off with a big shout to turn again for being af for OVER a year now.. so well done to you.Day 21 for me today, so a big thank you to you all, for in some way every one has played a part in it so......:thanks:
    Sun is shining here today again, weather looks lovely, been out seen to my rabbits..all they want to do is get out and eat everything!!The only problem with the shiny sun thing is my garden is south facing, and the front room window is 12ft long and 8 ft high, so at this time the sun streams through, and shows up every mark even when its supposed to be clean it looks streaky..oh well another job for today. Coffee is on all round.Any tea fans??

Hi Lifechange, and how are you today??Coffee for you?Had the last of the crumble last night, was lovely I will need to get some more cut.Recognised a couple of names and looked them up.I was in Berlin for 18 months with work.That was when it was a definite split between east and west, so it wasnt as easy going from one side to to the other,but we used to go over to the eastern side as was probably couple of times a month.I remember the big tower at Alexanderplatz which is pretty near, maybe the name has been changed now.Glad the sun is out for you today too.

Morning Lilly E..oh dear..$500,bit heavy for a night out.. but lets be fair, we have all be in denial, until somewhere sometime it clicks, so hopefully the time will come for your friend too.As for the big meal, you will be ok, you are strong enough to do it.I have got a surprise barbeque to go to on Saturday..so I have volunteeered to drive Just doubles my resolve as an insurance policy!

Morning almost famous, never met before but glad to see you Go and beat those crowds!

Hi porquoi,I know you are frustrated,but keep going.Since when did you ever know one of these legal eagles to do anything on time? and yes that is world wide!!so you hang on in there..if you get mad start tapping those keys and tell us..dont forget your pen and paper to write things down just in case the little voice decides to have a go.Let us know how today went for you.

Morning byrdlady..nice to see you..its thanks to you and others like you I am where I am..appreciate its only 21 days but it could have been a damn sight harder without your help.

Good morning flyaway how are you this fine day?? right coffee number 2 on the way..anyone else?

Good morning sunflower,how are you today?Im a wee bit late today but even by standards over here I get up early.So what has today in store for you?Any plans?

Good morning Lavande..need a brew? have you been playin nurse all night? lovely picture.. you will need to tell me how to download them I am pretty rubbish at that.Are you busy today then?I tend to make a list of things that need done for the week..then try to do them all in a day!!! Pretty much the same as you ..a doing person tho when the mood takes me the foot comes off the pedal and I will doss.Hope Matilda is ok after the op

Hi Kaslo..you ok? have a safe journey north

And now we come to Shue....dont ever threaten me with an Ulster fry.mmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok then go on!:H:H How are you?how is the travelling going?The 500ks (or 312.5 miles in our money)is a fair distance..not sure if I could be bothered with meetings too!think I would struggle to put a smiley face on for a client too after all that, so well done you!

Good morning sunshine gg how are you today?Should you not be resting after 4 day with the grand kids?

Hi Papmom,glad you enjoyed the meal.Wish you the best of luck on your interview think positive.. the job is yours..just the salary needs discussion As for the camper, I know what you mean,I keep stalling myself about buying something like that, was going to buy a caravan, then a trailer tent and reading your post probably answered it.. not that keen on towing something, plus the fact I like travelling over the world.Anyway best of luck to you.

Going to go now..see if I can get this toe sorted out today..dreading it.Was supposed to go yesterday, but the clinic only opens Tues pm Thurs all day and Saturday...not bad when you can choose opening times like that!!!
    Anyway wherever you are,whatever you are doing have a good af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Mick, thank you for the coffee ... Any crumble left? I think there are a lot of foodies among us, once one gets rid of the liquid oral fixation the newfound appreciation for REAL food kicks in.

I am warning you I know how to make potato bread.

As for yesterday ... It is amazing how long my batteries last these days when I no longer drain them drinking. On the contrary, heakthy eating, excercise and excellent sleep ensure I feel like the energizer bunny most days.

Laters, bunnies.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Shue..no crumble left..give you a shout when I make some more..by the way potato farl...definitely
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Q

Good Morning Mick, Shue and all to come....thanks for the support and encouragement. Had a really shitty day yesterday, and so far not so great this morning, but it's early. I feel like I was out drinking all day yesterday. My emotions are all screwed up. Can't seem to stop crying and I don't even know where that's coming from, other than the legal crap things are ok. I have a meeting with my sponsor later, she won't know what hit her! My plan is to put a on my face, have my coffee (Thx Mick) and ask God to help me through my day. Will check in later. PQ

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Porquoi...keep your chin up...you say everything is ok apart from the legal issues.Can I suggest you separate it and the issues surrounding it away from the other things in your life.Then if you need to attack the problems surrounding the legal thing.If necessary write it all down.Keep smiling you are in my thoughts and prayers :h

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Mick;1354122 wrote: Porquoi...keep your chin up...you say everything is ok apart from the legal issues.Can I suggest you separate it and the issues surrounding it away from the other things in your life.Then if you need to attack the problems surrounding the legal thing.If necessary write it all down.Keep smiling you are in my thoughts and prayers :h
            Mick you forgot me :upset:
            Still in the race - beating you by 1 day

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

sorry satz..you ok today? well done on 22

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Good morning Abbers!

Happy to report nurse & patient both had a good night :H
                Now I just need to get myself & my day organized!

Thanks for the coffee Mick
                Hope your toe is OK ~ nurse Lav is always on duty!
                Open a Photobucket account (free), upload your pictures there, generate the IMG code, copy & paste the IMG code here & your picture shows up!!!! Not sure how I figured it out - someone here helped, thank goodness :H

Greetings to the ever busy shue!

Hello porqoui & satz!
                Keep those positive thoughts going, they really help. There's nothing wrong with pasting a smile on your face until you naturally feel happy & joyous

OK, time to get some work done!
                Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Mick;1354145 wrote: sorry satz..you ok today? well done on 22
                  Yes Michael I'm doing great - finding I am not even thinking about al at the moment.
                  The odd twinge now & again .
                  Saw a glass of red wine at weekend - ummmmmm would like that. Drank soda & was ok. Was just thirst

Get a feeling of " want something but not sure what I want " - ever get that ?

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

oh was i sorry to miss the coffee this morning, Mick!
                    i'm back to real life now and have to be at work quite early this week. i might start to take this computer in--now i'm super busy with kids so will check in tonight after everyone is in bed and i have some peace and quiet.
                    hope you're all haveing a great day!!

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Good morning Abbers!

Congrats to Mick and Satz for passing the 3 week mark! :goodjob:

Mick I do enjoy tea but I only seem to drink it at night before bed. Coffee is my morning drink.

Shue I don't know how you ever kept up with your job when you were drinking!

Porquoi my emotions were all over the map the first couple months after I stopped drinking. And I'm finding that few changes have been immediate in me, but that I am slowly evolving in ways I never imagined. I'm hoping that you hear good news soon in regards to your father and your lawyer.

Lav is Matilda feeling a little more perky today? I felt so bad seeing her just lying there on her blanket. Poor baby.

I was just thinking that next month I'll hit the 6 month mark. I've made it to 6 months one other time. Once I'm past that it will be uncharted waters for me. I haven't been sober for longer than 6 months in about 20 years! I can't wait! And I can't wait until I can claim a year AF like Turnagain. I am loving the evolution I see taking place in my life. Things are changing in positive ways that I never dreamt would happen. I love where my life is taking me! :h

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Forgive me for not saying CONGRATS to Mick & Satz this morning.
                        It sometimes takes a while for the coffee to fully kick in & get my granny brain going :H

Fly, Matilda is doing just fine
                        Just wish all of my patients had been so cooperative
                        We will start planning your 6 month party now - I'll bake something for you. Keep on enjoying your personal evolution, it gets better & better

I wish this heat & humidity would let up - boring
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Morning all. Tea fan over here Mick! Though I do love my coffee too. And crumble is always welcome any time of day

Good luck with the BBQ and WELL DONE on making a plan in advance. Have you planned also what you'll say when offered a drink and your booze free replacement? Take something nice for yourself is my suggestion so you can just keep your glass full and avoid questions.

Shue, I'm jealous of your energizer bunny state. I am SO TIRED at the moment and sleeping way more than usual. Did anyone else experience this in the early days? Perhaps it is just my body healing. Can't wait for that extra energy to kick in though as it's frustrating me.

Porquoi. Are things looking up today at all? Sending you strength from down under.

FlyAway
                          , I loved reading your post this morning. Hearing things like that is so so inspiring to keep going. Please feel free to share anytime about those exciting changes and how you see your life evolving now. And I look forward to us celebrating six months with you!

And, yes, well done Mick and Satz
                          on the three week mark passed. It's a good feeling! Day *counts on fingers*

Day 24 here. Less than a week til 30! I think my one previous attempt that got past the three week mark ended at Day 25 so after tomorrow every day is progress.

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

I wrote this nice post today....for work to shut off our wireless connection in the middle of it! I think they have caught on to us i-pad people. On our work computers they block facbook and several other sites....that actually are an asset to my job. It is important that I check out what a client is doing on FB before I walk in the door. But, at the same time I am guilty of taking a little personal FB time or MWO time

Porq...I have had so many emotional hangovers lately. They are exhausting!

Shue....thanks for thinking of me.....and my college fund

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Lilly, first time I quit cold turkey I felt dog tired for weeks. I was feeling low to and my body ached. The next few quits were easier but the general feeling of having been hit by a bus lingered on. Energy came when I started to look after myself better, juicing anything with ginger, eating small numorous meals a day and getting out in fresh air. I also eliminated, well cut down on the sweet stuff that really helped with the AL cravings. They were not so bad after a while.

Porqoui, emotionally you will be all over the place. I really feel for you because I had a lot of mixed feeling and also the impression that I am on an emotinal roller coaster. It will pass. Feeling everything raw and unmasked or un-numbed by AL can be daunting, but it can also be great. i felt that I did not get over emotionally the bad or stressful situations where I chose to drink in order to feel better. It helped me forget for a few minutes but the grief (mostly stress in my case) remained there to be dealt with at a later time. And it keept piling up, and when I saw that sober ... It was not a nice sight.

Fly .... You are flying, girl, I am so impressed by you. Yor question about how I have done my job before is on my mind since yesterday. I simply gave my job undue priority over everything ... It was the only thing I did right and excelled at it, despite drinking. I no longer excecised, quality time with my family was hazed over by the evening drinking ... And I do remember coming back home from business trips ( where I could not drink to my heart's content) opening the bottle and not stopping until I got completely blotto.

Well, yesterday was over so i wish you happy hump day .
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                              X