Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Thursday 26th July

I've just won a million pounds!!!!.....

Havent really but bet it certainly knocked the cobwebs out of peoples eyes to read that..So now that we are all awake, good morning, and how are we all?Never really know what to say due to the number of people in different time zones reading this, morning evening, afternoon, night.Anyway wherever you are, hope all is well and you managed to bin the little monster since last post.Big orange thingy isnt in the sky today, think being out for two days on the trot was too much for it.
    Wait for it... saga of the big toe....the sequel!went to hospital yesterday, prodded and poked a wee bit, packed the side of it with some type of dressing, then another one on top etc etc,the end result now is I cant get a shoe on.In fairness the nurse was really good and said it was too infected to mess about with, so back on Monday to see if all the antibiotics have worked, so for those of you glued to your seats...sorry need to wait till Monday laster:

Tea and coffee now on the go..tea is normal, no Java or flavoured

Good morning Lilly E..how are you today?all going well?good for you..thanks for the hugs!Yes you are right..tea was much better than booze and the problem would have still been there.On my way to hospital yesterday morning,I saw 3 blokes all drinking super strength lager.What struck me was not so much them but my attitude towards them.Before I retired,I worked with shall we say, the more unpleasant side of life, and my view was rightly or wrongly that crime was directly attributed to alcohol amongst other things.And yet when I saw those 3 people yesterday, I actually think I felt a wee bit sorry for them inasmuch as they were drinking because they had to, very much the same as most of us here have doneJust another product of being af..attitude changes.Anyway I digress..more coffee??You are right about the fruit.There are quite a lot of hidden sugars and calories in them depending on what fruits you are eating and the quantity you eat

Destiniey as I said welcome back..you will do it this time .Perhaps it being brought out in the open was in a way a good thing,especially that your parents are going to give you their support too.How are you feeling today..day 2 well done you.How is the antabuse working.Yes and squint does mean crooked as hell!!

Hi Lav, how was your day yesterday?Weather back to normal yet?have the chickens calmed down now?Hows Matilda?Whats in store for your schedule for today? Is your son and family still with you?Lots of questoins...sit down and have a coffee first before you do anything

Hi sausage..can def say good morning to you ..time is ithe same with yoiu as it is here! Day 154 well done for you. Haven't read your story yet, but cartainly will.What you up to today?

Hi Papmom ..one cup of tea coming up . how are you?Glad interview went well ..fingers crossed for you 2 days off hope the weather is good for you.Patience is definitely one of my strong points.Ican quite happpily sit for 10 minutes before I go into "do something " mode.:H:H

Kaslo...where did that come from?? "och the coos" took me back a few years to when I was at home (hame) the other side of the wall!!Glad you are doing ok and not missing the al

Shue ..dont know where you are but good morning..hope you are ok..well, no hope wherever you are is ok...they wont know what has hit them :H:H

Satz big hi to you..still a day ahead of me have a coffee.

Lifechange just about to say hi to you as one of the missing..when this post comes whizzing in !!good morning ...zooooom goodbye have a nice day.Seriously tho.hope you are OK with you.

Going for another brew now, only number 2 so far, so I ll sign off.Big hi to anyone and everyone I have missed and have a great af day.One thing I have found even in this short time..it is very easy to become complacent,need to watch that..because the little demon definitely is!!

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi all - gonna nudge my way in here as I get started on day 1. Feel good and ready and have a plan in place. I got up early and will be at the gym in the next hour.
    Mick, complacency is what I will be on my guard for this time for sure - I think that is where my last fall came from. After 68 days AF, I think I stopped appreciating just how far I had come. I think I took my sobriety for granted in the end - well, after my last lesson, I will be practising that 'attitude of gratitude' that Lav speaks of so often......
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks for the coffee Mick, I'll have mine with a ton of ice.

I am in hot as hell Bucharest, went on top of the tallest building under construction here .... It was 34 celsius and it was only 10AM. Got a serious case of helmet hair when I removed my hard hat.

One more business lunch and I am free to do family time only, my mom cooked enough to feed an army but I can't eat in the heat.

My folkes clued in very quickly that I don't drink and my sis in law who challenged me so much before, is too pregnant to care if I drink or not.

Hello for al to come.
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Morning/evening/afternoon all… I know what you mean Mick. I never know what to say as I'm sure whatever time of day i'm at is opposite to most of you!

Ah, sounds like mixed news on the toe and we shall have to wait for the saga to unfold. Just you be sure to stay off it as much as you can and take any antibiotics they give you and drink lots of fluids. I thought of you when I took some dinner to a friend with a similar problem and he can barely stand, poor thing, and they are worried now it could now be a bone infection, which apparently is very serious - so take it easy and don't let it get any worse!

When you say you worked with the less pleasant side of life… do you mean you were a copper or similar? Sorry if you said before and I missed it. But, yes, I know what you mean about feeling sorry for people drinking. I can spot problem drinkers easily now and really wonder where they're at in the journey and if they have any idea and how bad it might or might not be or get for them.

Speaking of, Shue, why/how did your sis-in-law challenge you about not drinking before? Do you think she has/had a problem? Just seems to me the people who mind us not drinking the most usually do.

Turnagain, thanks for mentioning it - yes, the Big 3-0 is just 5 days away! Of course I'm not going to get cocky before I get there but I feel fairly sure i will. I've been thinking about it and it feels a bit weird that this whole last year that has felt like this holy grail - why is that? - when in reality it is such a relatively short space of time. I do think I need to start thinking what next? How to make a plan beyond that? Being so focused on that goal is necessary at the start but I can see the problem of then feeling perhaps anticlimactic and what does this mean now, once you get there? For now I'm continuing to suck up all the info I can about the benefits of longterm sobriety and reminding myself WHY I'm doing this and it's the right choice. It's still a daily battle. I look forward to that day it's not. Maybe that's my answer. I do think that to really want to be longterm sober you have to see the benefits of longterm sobriety but getting there takes a bit of a leap of faith to just do it and clock up those days/weeks/months when you're still not 100% sure.

Hi Daisy *waves* Great post on your 'reaching for the stars' thread. Well done on 68 days. And well done on getting back on the wagon and clearly identifying where you went wrong. Tell us about your plan this time and how exactly everything got better AF. Sounds like you have some great motivations for keeping it up now with your work, the gym and your course.

Comment

Thanks Lily; plan pretty much as before but I did let things slip - I need to be more vigilant and stick with it. I intend to become more involved in MWO.
          I need to embrace and enjoy the fact that I am sober. I know that I feel that way today, but I also know how quickly those sneaky buggers can creep up on you and tell you that alcohol is the answer.....
          Exercise is key for me; just back from my first morning at the gym.
          It is a gorgeous day here, so a great day to start.

Comment

Yeyyyy ... Free at last ...chilling in AC in my brother's house, wifi availble, top speed .

Daisy, welcome to the af daily, I am so happy you decided to join us. These days I'd take toast and rhubarb over AL any time of the day. I read how yiu poured out the remains of your last drink. To me that is the action of someone that is really ready to let it go completely.

Lilly, my SiL has had 'issues' before, i think mostly are about her self confidence. Nevermind, she needled me endlessly during my first quit. And after. But I am happy I did not let it get to me. We're close now.

Moving on, I need coffee, and I spied a new Nespresso machine.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful sunny morning here and I am sitting in bed watching my horses from my bedroom window. It is going to be another HOT and HUMID day here today. I went and got some more fans for my barn...ugh....I am trying so hard to keep the horses cool!!!

Hey Mick.....how about sharing some of that million pounds you won with me so I can put air conditioning in my barn! Ha! Thanks so the coffee and I will also take mine with tons of ice like Shue! I am beginning on day 3 AF and this will be my 2nd day on the Antabuse. So far so good and no side effects. I am still taking the L-Glut, Kudzu and Milk Thistle to help with cravings. Today will be my first full day with the AB...so I will check in later and let you know how it is working!

Hey Daisy...wow...68 days is awesome! You are such a strong person to be able to rack up that many AF days and I know that you can do it again! Good luck!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Morning All....just checking in to say Hi. Don't need to vent, don't feel like cheering about anything, kinda just feeling blah today. Day 28 AF and feeling a lot of complacency, bad..bad..bad! There's a 7 am meeting and I think I'll get my butt down to it. Even if I don't check in, I'm always reading, so keep posting everyone. PQ

Comment

Good morning PQ! Congrats on day 28! Stay strong and stay close! When you said a meeting did you mean AA? Just curious as my doctor recommended that I do something like that in combination with the AB.
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Hi Shue, Dest and Pquoi.
                    Shue, I just have this thing about knowing that is my last drink; it was funny because I didn't want to ruin my day one so it really was llike pouring poison down my throat. I'm glad that I felt that way about it...pouring it out was no problem; I actually felt relief watching it gurgle down the plughole.

I so admire anyone who goes to AA; I think it is so brave. I am always interested to see what goes on there - I like to follow the AA thread here.
                    A cousin of mine went a couple of weeks ago; someone who was there said they seen her and there was a lot of whispering going on about her being an alcoholic. I get so defensive when someone has a problem drinking. The ones doing the whispering could do with a visit to AA themselves, yet because she was brave enough to admit a problem and do something about it, she is the hot topic.

Comment

Hi Shue, Dest and Pquoi.
                      Shue, I just have this thing about knowing that is my last drink; it was funny because I didn't want to ruin my day one so it really was llike pouring poison down my throat. I'm glad that I felt that way about it...pouring it out was no problem; I actually felt relief watching it gurgle down the plughole.

I so admire anyone who goes to AA; I think it is so brave. I am always interested to see what goes on there - I like to follow the AA thread here.
                      A cousin of mine went a couple of weeks ago; someone who was there said they seen her and there was a lot of whispering going on about her being an alcoholic. I get so defensive when someone has a problem drinking. The ones doing the whispering could do with a visit to AA themselves, yet because she was brave enough to admit a problem and do something about it, she is the hot topic.

Comment

Yes I meant AA. The place that my homegroup meets at has at least one meeting everyday. Usually 2 or 3. You can count on me staying close the next couple of days.:thanks:

Comment

daisy45;1355062 wrote: Thanks Lily; plan pretty much as before but I did let things slip - I need to be more vigilant and stick with it. I intend to become more involved in MWO.
                          I need to embrace and enjoy the fact that I am sober. I know that I feel that way today, but I also know how quickly those sneaky buggers can creep up on you and tell you that alcohol is the answer.....
                          Exercise is key for me; just back from my first morning at the gym.
                          It is a gorgeous day here, so a great day to start.
                          YAY another Irish:welcome:

Comment

That's great PQ. My husband watched me take my AB this morning and before he went to work he said that I should consider doing AA or something like that. I just have to get the courage to do that....baby steps!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Destiniey;1355116 wrote: That's great PQ. My husband watched me take my AB this morning and before he went to work he said that I should consider doing AA or something like that. I just have to get the courage to do that....baby steps!
                              Hi Dest - good luck - not sure AA is the way to go for everyone. Would possibly give a focus each week maybe. But doom & gloom & "we're all incurable " would not be my scene.
                              how are the AB for you ? I am on day 23 - a miracle in it's self :H
                              I take only 1/2 tablet.
                              I have no side effects but I am challenged in the 'loo dept' :H
                              Wondered if there was a connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X