AF day Friday 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 17th

Morning everyone..nother af weekend coming up..are we all ready for it? excellent...and how are things in Madsville today???Me I am off to the birds centre in a wee while, though the weather doesnt exactly look promising.Tea, coffe,green tea and flavoured tea all on tap today so come on in.

good morning Shue..how is your holiday?chilling out are you?Probably at 3/4 speed now as opposed to full speed knowing you...here you are get this coffee.Are you going anywhere or is it a stay at home holiday?Whatever...enjoy..remember ,you dont need wine to have a good time

Good morning TDN...how are you today?hope the headaches have gone...Still in the middle of storms ? Sounds like you had a good time at your neighbours,though not so sure about the DVD! Well you know the tooth saga so needn't bother with that!Its hammering it down here..sure you didnt send it this way?

Morning Lavande coffee maam?Were you and Matilda up early this morning?tell me who or what are you looking after today?

PQ..morning to you today?how are things with you today?have a coffee.. anything planned for today or weekend?Any more mad thoughts?Have you re-done your strategy to cover any iffy bits?You will do it this time I know you will...we are all here for you :l

Good morning Kas..or Miss science Panties..how are things in your world today?love your turn of English phraseology "And before I bog off to what every scientific horse hockey I am up to today"..now most people would say before I go to work!!!Didnt realise you had 19 months af..well done you

Good morning lifechange.. how are you ? here is your coffee as promised.No I wouldnt chuck everything out and start again..Id try and move some of the plants that are in and give them breathing space..for the rest..start planning what you want to put in, get some fertiliser,bone meal etc and dig it in.. then plant up.Would also make cloche covers to put over the tops just to give them that extra burst..but keep them well watered.When they start growing properly take the covers off otherwise the plants will go all spindly..Lesson 1 done

Good morning sunflower..you seem to be doing well good for you and well done

Cantoo...one green tea for you.Good morning how are you?nice avatar.What are your plans for today or the weekend..anything special?Dont know what they are doing with my teeth....lets hope they do

Turn again ,how are you good morning..well where are we ..bush or home? did it rain?

FLYAWAY WELL DONE .....CONGRATULATIONS What a great achievement..onwards and upwards..whats next??

Doggy girl good morning..I take my hat off to you..well done being a volunteer.You know life turns out very strange at times doesnt it :l

Lilly E...bend over..that backside need a kick!!!whack there you go!Thats the biggie..not to get complacent and demotivated.thats all part of the little voice tricksRemember this isnt life.Life is the journey we make, the choice is with or without alcohol.Go through the posts and read the junkie story on drinks view on screwing your life up.Chin up girl keep going 60 to push...Chumbawamba

Right going to get ready now ....going to the birds...that sounds really impressive for a 56 year young man..going to the birds!!! :H:H

Take care all have a safe sob er and sane weekend.

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Friday 17th

Top of the mornin' to you , Mick, and thank you for the coffee. I'm having it on the terrace of the country club , yes, going at a nice 3/4 speed. I hope those birds can lift your spirits.

The sleep fairy came late last night ( I was cold in bed without hubby ) but I had a really restful one. Woke up and remembered my stratgy for when I was really slim and fit. My holistic doctor told me to think and act as if I was already fit ( a fit person would not want to miss a work out, would want not want to lose shape) and already slim ( a slim person would not have fries, would not want to ruin their figure). Basic "fake it till you make it" stuff but it worked then and I will try it again. I was in a great mindset then.

I think this might help me staying AF too. I'll fill myself with Lav - attitude and think would a long term abber have a glass of wine in holliday with her MiL? Hell no.

Wonderful posts yesterday, Doggy, Lilly, Sun - very insightful! I'll read the thread again later.

Wish you a great day, fabbies - the "pine course" is waiting.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Morning everyone

Haven't posted for a few days but have been reading - I agree yesterday's thread was v good.

I am on day 176 today - just a few days off 6 months - just a few days behind Flyaway! Huge congratulations on your 6 months Fly, keep going!

Shue expect the first few days of your trip to be the hardest, then once you get into the routine of being AF it will get easier. Are you able to access the Internet? If so keep checking in here, it will help. I began drinking on holiday in 2008 after nearly 2 months AF but I didn't go on line once when I was away. Since them I've had sober holidays and they've been much easier to maintain if I stay close to MWO.

Have a good day at the bird centre Mick. Hi to Lav, Porquoi, Lifechage TDN, Doggy and all the other regulars. Have a great AF day. Off shortly in the pouring rain with my daughter to get her new school shoes :-(

"See" you soon

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Good morning, Abbers!

Sausgae, so happy to "see" you here! Almsot 6 months--that is fantastic! Just be careful at that milestone, as it was just after six months that I relapsed, and I have read that it often happens then. But you hae been through it all before, so you know the drill!
        Mick, sounds like a great day you have planned--with the birds!! You sure are a nature buff! I love watching the many birds we get around our bird feeders, and we do get many.
        Shue, hope that your holiday is perfect--AF, of course. If hubby can just really realize that you cannot have even one, you'll be okay. Where exactly are you for this holiday? Is it the golf club?
        Turn, big congratulations on your six months! As I said above, just remain vigilant.
        Lilly, I read your posts from yesterday, and the hitting bottom thing is so different for everyone. I thought I had hit bottom when I got my first DUI in May of 2011. But I was in such a state of turmoil, felt totally trapped at home and desperate, that I kept drinking until I went to a very short term rehab in July. (And that lasted just a couple of days.) And I could have driven in my own state the whole time, but was given different advice by the DMV here. Hubby had to drive me to work, etc. Then I had to do a weekend alcohol school, which was awful, and the instructor told me I couldn't drive for another six months. Another huge blow, although it never did happen, as my DUI wasn't reported to this state. It was only after I saw an attorney here in late Septemeber that I could have been driving the whole time. If I hadn't gotten the second DUI in November, my record would have been cleared, and all would be well. But I was hooked again and couldn't stop, and I do believe now that there is a master plan and God needed me to go through this. I was humiliated by this, knowing that my name was in the newspaper and everyone would know I was a drunk. One friend even told me that she thought there was a "mistake" when she saw my name in the local newspaper! But it got me to a great rehab, and I needed that at that point. Still, I relapsed again. Guess that was another bottom for me, and I started that old thinking that I was trapped and hopeless. I know try to think of what I am grateful for every day. Finding a job for six months that is ten minutes from home and a husband who is happy to drive me, was a blessing. Friends who have stood by me because they know that I am a good person is another blessing. My dogs are yet another blessing. I am focused now on the time we have left with them.
        And I do pray every day that I won't get back on the elevator heading down!
        Okay, enough of that for today! Heading for walk, feeding and walking the neighbors' dog, and don't have to work until 4:00, so have a day to relax a bit!
        Wishing eeryone a very happy AF Friday!
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Good morning Abbers!

Yep, up bright & early with Matilda again this morning Mick
          Doesn't she know that the grass is soaking wet this time of day ~ not great for my shoes
          Just taking care of me, myself & I today as far as I know. Of course that is always subject to change in an instant :H Hope you enjoy your day with the birds!!!

shue, keep that positive mindset going ~ it works!
          Enjoy your vacation, relax

Hi Sausage!
          Big anniversary coming up for you, terrific!

TDN, feeling sorry for myself was really what started me & kept me connected to the wine bottle for so long. Changing that thinking was extremely difficult but was something that had to be done. I literally forced myself into gratitude thinking to replace the negativity. It worked & is still working for me. It is easier to see that we do have much to be grateful for when we put away the negativity.
          Keep up the great work

OK, off to start my day of this & that!
          Have a great AF Friday everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Just a quick check in. Golf was easy. The boys were all drinking double rye - not my weakness. Now the Edmonton - Montreal game will be interesting.

Another beautiful Alberta day
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Quiet around here today

Hi CanToo, how was the game?

Not much happening in Lav-land tonight
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Are Friday's a thread killer The weekend used to be a bitch for me. But, hoestly I find myself thinking.....I really don't want to waste another weekend. I find the sneaking thoughts come in during the week more....."I don't have that much to do tomorrow"....REALLY...I never know what tomorrow holds....and quite honestly today was a BIG day....that I could not have forseen. I guess I still think I am in control of what tomorrow will hold. I might need to change my name to..."village idiot".....not because I drank....but, because I still have thoughts. But, what surprises me the most....I am not willing to give my weekend to AL.

Comment

AF day Friday 17th

Check in #2

Lavande-the game was what it is when you haven't golfed in 2 years. Some good shots and most really really bad.

Exhausted. So my job at the football game was to pour the beer. Ugh.

Another AF day for me. :-)

I'll catch up on Sunday. Off to Jasper in the morning. Enjoy the weather Canada I heard the geese this week.

I wish everyone the weekend they want.

Can too
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                  X