AF day Monday 27th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everybody..didnt realise it was a bank holiday today..so wee bit later than normal.Today is supposed to be a lazy day..doubt that! How is everyone today?
    Well tea and coffee on the go at the moment..only on cup one so here we go

TDN.............big huge mug of latte for you.Thanks once again for standing in yesterday.Anyone else like to try their hand at it?So what's in the offing for you today ?any major plans?Or just resting after hectic times and trying to regain energy?Did you hav to change any nappies yesterday on church duty?

Hi Lilly E ..and how are you today?up and about just now or is your world upside down?Well nearly at the 60 day mark...what are you going to do for/on it? any ideas?

Good morning Lav..on nappy duty today! your little gang have probably got you up by now, so you will be in the middle of doing something I am sure.Have a coffee.Unlike your good self,I feel that I could get through on one glass.......on the proviso it was a big un and also never emptied!! :H:H.No couldnt see me stopping at one.Trouble is I drink loads of liquids a day.. immaterial as to what it is, it goes down the hatch, and I dont do sipping either...mouth opens, liquid in, end of job.Got some work to do in the garden today, but sky is really dark.. rain approaching methinks.

Good morning PQ....or should we rename you to PPQ? positive pourquoi?Glad the dog sitting went ok yesterday.I cant really get my head round, al the different shall we say "debates" about the methodology of quitting al.No one size fits all,and I think sometimes the objective gets lost in the discussion.The sole purpose is to stop chucking liquid toxins into your body,then you have all the indicators, ie more control over your life,self discipline,creating a different lifestyle etc.So really what does it matter how you do it as long as it is achieved.I ask you to paint a wall red...does it matter whether I use a brush , roller, or a can of spray paint as long as the wall ends up red??.Off the soap box now.It appeared in your post PPQ, so I thought I would put it in here..not aimed at you,but now you Know why it is in your post

Cantoo..you little star..well done..so where is white flag man and cant do it on my own now???In the bin!Like the idea of a different activity...keep us posted...........(within reason!!!)Going to get brew no2..care to join me??

Sunflower great to see you...clearly made some important decisions..so go for it...remember this isn't a rehearsal,you only get one shot at life..any time you want to pm..you know where I am.

Det morning to you..yes aching bones it is.Was walking yesterday for about 8 hrs, and as you know it is the terrain that does you not the time.Isnt it strange, how physically the body changes and yet the brain doesnt change its outlook.For instance when I was a lot younger,used to do all sorts of mad things, including loooooong walks and running up and down hills with backpacks of considerable weight at times.Now I can just about spell backpack!!!The body realises that,yet the brain doesn't.Hey ho light exercise day today....without purple pants on my head :H:H

Well folks thats me for the off Hi to asll who havenot appeared by name..wherever you are, whatever you are doing have a great one and dont forget..lets not help anyones profits today by buying al!

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick! Nice to see you back on the thread starting. How're things going? I missed where you were off to but I hope it was a good trip wherever it was?

60 ahead *toot toot* Now how exciting is that? I tried to book my special haircut in today but couldn't get hold of the salon. It's a rather exxy place that I can't afford to go to that often but I always feel like a million bucks, and get loads of compliments, when I do. So I figured it would be a good treat. How about you Mick? Got any ideas for rewards or celebrations?

It's 6pm here so I'm drinking a cup of chai and winding up my work for the day. I hear you re the liquids. I just swill copious amounts of soda water and tea these days instead of wine. I sometimes almost say I wish I could have one or two but I don't really - that's the problem. What I wish is I could have a bottle or two without consequences because if I drink I want the whole bottle (or more). One or two? Pffttt? What's the point of that? Even in my early drinking I never really stuck to that.

I actually agree with you entirely re the 'debates' around how to quit Mick. Whatever works for you, works, and that's what counts. One of my issues with AA is that it's so one-size-fits-all, which I just don't think is possible as people and addictions are so varied and diverse. When I say I have issues with AA I just mean I have reservations about whether it's right *for me*. I don't mean to imply it can't work for others as clearly it does and very, very well for some, including a dear friend of mine whose life AA likely saved.

Do whatever it takes I say. And that, my friends, includes wearing purple underpants on your head. Especially wearing purple underpants on your head...

Comment

Morning Mick, evening Lilly, and howdy to fABBies everywhere!

I haven't worn underpants for years, let alone on my head. I'll be doing something special with my hair at 60 days too Lilly.....might have to shave it! But your present to yourself sounds great.

Wishing everyone a bonza week.

And one thing's for sure............

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Did you miss the memo G? All Fab Abbers now have to wear underpants on their head. Ideally 24/7 but definitely while posting here. Better get your shop on!

Shaving the hair for 60 is a good idea too. (Do we get to see pics?) Besides just wanting a saucy new 'do I kind of like the symbolism of shedding some dead weight. Regrowth, renewal, new starts, you know.

Now back to those underpants...

Comment

Wait is this me up at 5am to workout? I better go check who kidnapped SF!

I just posted on the money thread.....adding time in spent drinking. Think I'll calculate those numbers today.....that should startle the shit out of me:upset:

Now off to get the good endorphins going!

Smart is going well...starting to make connections there.

Lilly can't wait to see the new haircut! G-at my office the managers bet us that we could not hit a goal or they would shave their heads bald.....it was such a motivator.....management ended having to go bald

Thanks Mick....I'll definitely pm you when needed....you have been so kind to me....thank you!

Comment

Good morning, Mick, Lilly, SF and all--
            Thanks for the latte, Mick! Need it, as I continue to feel tired. Of course, working all weekend probably didn't help, and I don't have to work today, thank God! No, didn't have to change any nappies, but one needed changing toward the end, but I knew the parents were coming in five minutes, so. . .Nope, can't do that, and honestly think that is the parent makes sure the diaper is clean when they come down, the kid should be okay for an hour. You can tell I was never a mom!! And one guy brought in a little boy who started screaming and crying and the guy just told him to stop and left him!! It was horrid for ten minutes of solid crying and screaming for "Grandma" and I had to finally get some bubble blwong stuff and amuse him with that! And something about the way he hovered over the youngest little girl--a yr old--made me nervous. Very odd kid, and Grandma looks younger than I and maybe there is no mother in the picture. Anyway, have to admit I am happy that I don't have that duty again until January:H
            Last night I had my first drinking dream in a long time! Was with a friend in a weird place--hotel, I think-- and somebody had a drink and I thought I could sneak out and have a drink myself!! Then I thought of Pap3--hasn't been on this thread for a while, but posted yesterday on August Abbers--who has gone through all sorts of things and hasn't had a drink!! Isn't that something?? And the night before I dreamed that I was driving and trying to avoid Barney Fife! Crazy!
            Lilly, I have been following the modders thread on General Discussion, and sorry you were attacked for asking the same question somebody else did. I am trying to figure out what to post there. I believe that person originally was not part of the modders and perhaps is very defensive. Anyway, good for you for stating your opinion. Glad you will get a new haircut on the 60 day mark!!
            SF, wow--up at 5:00 to exercise! Exercise does help--all I can manage right now is a two mile walk, which I am doing in a half hour, but hoping to get back to Zumba and step soon.
            Okay--have my two hour counseling session later this a.m. and am looking forward to working through the mess of legal issues in order to be able to move forward. I'll be back later to report on that.
            Hope everyone has a great AF Monday!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Good Morning Mick, Lil, Gman, SF and TDN...PPQ checking in.
              Mick I agree, whatever works. Like they say, take what you need and leave the rest. I actually left my home group meeting before it was finished yesterday. Not only was it a business meeting day (start 1 hr early) but a Birthday Meeting, (last Sunday month). One of the Birthday people (4 yrs, but the first time I've seen him at a meeting, accepted his card and then proceeded to lecture (and I mean LECTURE) the group for 15 min's on the working's of AA. Thank God that wasn't my first meeting as I don't think I would have gone back.
              Lil - try for that hair appointment again. you deserve a reward.
              Gman - talk about a renewal! Can't decide if Purple Pants would be better.
              SF
              - way too much energy. I can feel the vibes over here. Ain't it great?
              TDN
              - glad you made it through that particular Church stint. Good luck with your councelling session today.
              Getting back to my routine today somewhat. Last day for Doggie Duty. I'll be lurking around later. Have a great AF Mondy everyone. PQ

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

On diaper duty since 8 am :H :H
                I hadn't changed a diaper in a couple of decades until EB was born, now I'm a Pro again

Nice to see you Mick, enjoy your holiday & thanks for the coffee!

Greetings Lilly, the underpants-less G, SF, TDN, porqoui & everyone!

I'll be back later when I can pay attention to what I'm doing......
                Two kids and two Goldens are taking up all of my brains at the moment :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all!

The only way I will underwear on my head is if I can find a thong and put it on backwards so I can see! I admire people who can wear thongs as underwear; for me it just feels like having a permanent wedgie.

Thanks once again for your cheery greetings, Mick! I hope your stiffness and pain improve soon. Yes, the mind is willing, but the body protests!

Congratulations, Lilly. You have been working hard, with or without the purple underpants. I hope you get your appointment soon so you'll truly be a fabbie abbie! (Not that you aren't now, but a new do is always uplifting!)

Hello Guitarista! I like your head shaving idea. Some men look pretty darn sexy with no hair!

Glad you're enjoying SMART, Sunflower! I hope you have a great workout.

Sorry I don't know the background of what you are up against legally, TDN, but I hope everything goes well.

Have a great day, Porquoi!

I'm looking forward to your update later, Lavande. Keep your head above water with all the goings on at your place!

I've been watching the progress of TS Issac, now headed for New Orleans. I used to live there back in the 80's, and I am hoping that they fare better than they did with Katrina. I still love that town!

I had a lovely time with my daughter's visit this weekend. She keeps me up to date on movies, and brought the Hunger Games to watch. It was interesting and very well done, although very disturbing.

I'm starting to look forward to my vacation in September. My sister and I are taking a road trip, and she has agreed to have it be an AF trip (she's NOT an alcoholic), so I will only have the temptations that my own alkie head produces. I am looking forward to the first AF holiday in a few years. I used to know how to do it, so I imagine that, excluding a few pangs, I will be okay. I'll spend some time thinking through the excuses that I know I can produce and find some ways to counter them before I even get on the road.

Have a good day, all posters and lurkers!

Hugs,
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Which way are you pointing the car on your road trip YahYah?
                    Sounds like a fun time with your sister
                    Wish I had a sister. I was blessed with 3 brothers - ugh.

My morning activities all went according to plan, now I have a little work to do & then possibly a short granny nap :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Greetings FABaronistans.....

Who here likes being NORMAL again? As in it is truly normal to avoid putting a toxic liquid into their system normal?

Funny - actually make that - TRAGIC - how we are conditioned to believe and behave as if ingesting a mind altering poison is the desired norm.

I am so glad I am back to being NORMAL. I just had a rough go of it with my super duper expensive MACBOOK Pro and the Geniuses at the Apple Store. I am a little sad to say that my nearly 30 year relationship with Apple is coming to an end. Long story. But at least have my puter back and while it is working as well as it ever did (which is to say it has been unreliable since it came out of the box) I now view it differently. So... now what.... and well...in the end So what?

Interestingly, being AF has helped me deal with every area of my life in a much more measured and meainngful way. While I am not an AAer nor much of a Pray-ER for that matter, I sure do like the principle of the serenity saying. Maybe another way to say it is to 'pick your battles' (always a sanity chant when dealing with toddlers, teens and male spouses - sorry guys!)

or when the serenity prayer thing doesn't QUITE take the edge off...that good ol' Seinfeldian shout of SERENITY NOW!
                      always seems to relieve the pressure. Please don't try this around sleeping pugs or other creatures small or large that are prone to easy panic responses.

Speaking of critters...LAV! You've got two GOLDENS, too? Girl...I swear....between chickens, grand-chil'urn and Swiss Piggys and Matilda mini-swiss-clones...we ought to be passing the hat to buy you 5 extra brains and at least 12 more arms.

We can ease you into the additional appendages with this, perhaps? Those of you who are 29 or older from the US may remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_z5eUCeCs[/video]]Six Finger commercial - YouTube

I never did get this for xmas. Parents claimed Santa said it wasn't for a girl. Then again...Santa didn't ever bring me an Easy Bake Oven either. Pah!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

:H :H Turn!!!!!

I can't believe you found that stupid commercial :H
                        I'm not sure but I'll bet my older brothers had one of those dumb things.

The Goldens are NOT MINE!
                        They belong to my son & unfortunately I have to deal with them too when I babysit over there.
                        We had Goldens when my kids were growing up so my son has fond memories. I remember them basically being big stupid dogs. I often refer to these dogs as 'The Insanity Twins'

Being AF has enabled me to do all I am doing these days. There would be no way for me to function at this level being in a chronic hungover state (that's history)!!!!
                        Yes, I am very happy to be NORMAL again. Now if I could just get YB to do the same......
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I've been spending so much time on the SMART Boards....that honestly I think there just may be an "purple underpants" thread.

Liking it. I really forced myself to go to AA....and try to like it. I think for those going....don't rush it. I did. Listen to Mary on the AA thread.

Comment

Well after reading the AA discussion and that mod thread I'm a little scared to post anything. I have choosen this site as my way out. For me (personally) AA seems a little too preachy. Although purple is my favorite colour I'm going to leave the underpants for an emergency. :H. I haven't yet found SMART in my Internet travels.

Today's movement was an OC-2 paddle with my 20 year old son. It was good to get on the water even though the season's coming to an end. Below, I hope, is a link for a picture of the boat.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...SbAcg7tpDOJzqF

Good to see you all here. Mick I'll throw my mug in the microwave when I get up tomorrow. Thank you for getting up on your 'bank holiday'.

What does everyone have planned for their AF Tuesday?

CanToo

P.S. After starting this post three times I found a trick to the iPad Issue. I copy and past into notes every once in a while. If things go wonky voila I've got a backup.
                            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                            X