30 Days Of Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days Of Movement

I have recently completed my first goal of 30 AF days and wanted to add a little something to my next 30. For me, my first goal was a little anti-climatic. It was pointed out to me (thanks Mick) that some times we have no one to share this achievement with. Nothing I could show my co-workers. Nothing I could share with my parents. This struggle has been my little secret.

Anyway....

My new goal brings me here to ' 30 Days of Movement'. I am going to do some kind of physical activity (no matter how small) everyday for the next 30 days. I will try to do something I have never done at least once a week. My hope is that I will have something I can share with the people in my 'normal' life.

Please feel free to join in with your own fitness goals. Some days I may only get in a walk at lunch while others it may be a 10km hike.

Monday August, 27th

Day 1 - an hour long OC-2 paddle with my son
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

30 Days Of Movement

Day #2

A 30 minute walk. Short but sweet. Cut short by a thunderstorm

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

CanToo, mind if I join you? I will be abstaing AND exercising daily starting September 3rd. I am a Labour Day New Years Resolution type of person and always have been. Planning on having a glass of wine or two at my cousin's wedding this Saturday if I feel like it and jumping into the AF life for a successful run and rebounding or walking daily from then until eternity.

I want to stop the little self-critical voice in my head that tells me I am cheating myself out of longevity by my daily drinking (which I have curbed dramatically) and by not exercising enough (lately only going up and down stairs). Once that voice has been shut down I hope to conentrate on healthy living and spiritual growth.

So, instead of me starting an exercise thread, I would like to do this with you... if you don't mind.

I am a fellow Canadian, middle aged with three grown kids and a sweet two year old granddaughter. Nice to meet you..
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Hello Tipplerette! :hallo: Yes please join the journey. It's always easier to exercise with a buddy.

The goal is to do something other than sit on the couch and drink ( I'm not really a meeting kind of person ). And hopfully change one habit for another.... So enjoy your weekend and plan for a walk on the 3rd. Rain or shine. I enjoyed my walk in the rain yesterday before the lightning and torrential downpour

My mood and thoughts seem to improve after I've been outside too and now that you are here I don't feel as alone.

I have a hunch we are around the same age (I have a 17 & 20 year olds).

Day #3

20 min walk at lunch and a 7 hour volunteer shift at bingo after work.

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Day #3

A one hour paddle with a potential new team. Took an old bench partner and my oldest son.

Was very good to be back on the water tonight

:-)

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

That sounds like an awesome idea Can too. Mind if I join!!!??? I need to get my butt in gear and get back into shape. Drinking has robbed me of the physical fitness I used to have. Used to love to go to the gym, hike, be in the water and with drinking it all stopped. I think this will be a great thread to be a part of.
            :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

:jumpin:Well of course AmyC.

Like you I was a regular gym goer. I want that feeling ( and body ) back too. I will admit I am a little sore today but that tells me I'm alive. Right? Lol. Any plans for your first Movement day?

Not much time tonight - Mom has come to town for the weekend.

Oh and I messed up yesterday and had two day 3's so this is really....

Day 5
              I did about 20 min of an upper body weight circuit. Short and sweet.

P.S. I've also lost 3.3 lbs since Monday.

See you in a few days Tipp.

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Hi Can Too. Its terrible what alcohol can turn you into but the good thing it can be reversed. Well my first I decided to go on a 30 minute hike. I didnt want to go to crazy because even before my pre AL days I sometimes had a tendency to push too hard and then be to soar for days, So I decided to go on a nice 30 min hike. Kinda wanted to evaluate where my stamina and cardio stands. It was alot harder than I remember. lol but thats what lack of exercise will do to ya. Then I lifted some weights at home for upper body. Not too soar so I know I can push a little harder. Isnt it amazing how much better you feel after a good workout!!! Dont know if Ive lost any lbs because I havent been on the scale. Actually Im not sure I want to know how much I actually weigh. I know Ive gained atleast 30lbs through this whole drinking thing. I kinda like to measure my success with a certain pair of jeans that I want to get into. lol

Later
                :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Hello Amy, I am counting on losing weight. But what I wasn't counting is that the skin isn't as forgiving this this around.

So I need a little input. My Mom's in town..... Does getting in and out of the car ( taking her shopping) constitute a moving day

So my fellow movers..... Do I have a day 6?

Day 7/6 is planned for the morning but must be back for Mom at 10.

I hope you have an active AF week end

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

I am in Montreal at a hotel room. My cousin's wedding was a blast and although I drank wine with dinner, I stayed sober. I also danced all night. Worked my booty big time. Walked to and from the wedding (total of an hour). The day before my sister and I kayaked and swam the day before so even though I was not jumping in until today, I managed to stay active and keep my drinking down. Let's kick butt this September with our sobriety and moving every day. I am so glad to be part of this thread.

Will post Tuesday when I get access to a computer again.

Keep moving and shaking girls!!
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

:yay:

Way to go Tipp.

I'm now on Day 7- going for a 5K run before my Mom comes over. She thinks my closet needs organization which i'll have to admit is true.

Amy how are you today?

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Day 8 on my Movement journey.

Yesterday the run was a good one and so happy I went. I have a 69 year old running partner and she will run in any kind of weather. It was cold, windy and it was raining but we had a good run.

Today I'll do another run on my own. Feels a little scary but Hey I used to do hour long runs alone! It's time to get that old feeling back.

Tipp and Amy How was the weekend?

CanToo

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Update on Day 8

Instead of running I did a home workout (I've followed this woman for a few years now) I did my best and will do it again in the morning and again the following day. Thought i'd post the site as it's a good workout site for those times you just don't have a lot of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ol43VYgr8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]]Zuzana Light - ZWOD #1 1-20-2012 (PART I) - YouTube

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Day 9

Thought I'd stick a link to a fitness newsletter in here. I found as that I could insert the word AL. It's about the power of a habit (good or bad).

I will be going for an hour long paddling workout after work. Enlisted an old paddling team-mate to join me.

I hope you both had a chance to begin your Movement.

Habit Change for Newbies | Nerd Fitness

Comment

30 Days Of Movement

Hi CanToo,
                              Can I jump on board. Just found your thread and you've taken the thoughts right out of my head today. I've been upping the exercise as part of my plan. I do 6am walks with a neighbour 3x week. This week I've added bike rides (x2) late pm/early evening followed by cooking dinner (that covers witching hour) and I do yoga on Saturdays. I want to do something every day too and get body back into tip top shape (I miss how it used to be!). I've lost 16lbs so far but seem to be plateauing (but think that's due to recent relapses).
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X