An AF day in the life of a modder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that on my AF days when I get home from work all I wanna do is stay on my couch n watch TV. Not in a lazy, tired or depressed way but more like the couch and TV are my safe zone, like when you played tag as a kid and you would run to your safe zone or like the feeling you get when you are taking a hot bath or shower and you realize you have to jump out for something so you clench up race out and get it and jump back in for instant relief!

What's odd is I honestly don't notice any cravings on my AF days and I am really fine with my decision not to drink..

Really wanna try and get a few days in a row and see if it feels any different.....

Anyone else notice changes in behaviors on days when you go AF?
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

For me it just sort of varies a lot. When I first started doing af days I did sundays because at least I knew there would be less stress but in the beginning I would crave booze like mad and I could spend most of the day fighting it, but it was like wanting to get through it, when every fibre in my body was telling me to drink myself stupid. But over time it got easier. I always allowed myself to veg on af sundays, or af nights though, in my mind it was sort of like relaxing in a normal way even though it felt strange to me. I didn't have to be doing anything just because I wasn't drinking, and taking it easy was fine too.

Now, I sometimes just don't really think about it, or I might want to drink and remind myself why I've decided to drink less. Some days I'm so motivated that I just stay busy into the night, other days I feel kind of lazy and just veg in front of the tv when I get home, it all depends on how I'm feeling but it just seems to ebb and flow from day to day. I think it probably takes time to figure out what to do with yourself when you're not drinking every night because for a long time it's just what you do with your time, but maybe you're avoiding certain triggers too, like going into the kitchen and seeing the booze in the fridge or feeling bored and thinking of drinking instead. I still feel like I'm trying to get into some sort of rhythm with it.

Comment

Part of my excuse for nightly drinking was that I needed to "relax"...consequently, I decided that it was imperative for me to PROMISE myself I would truly relax every evening, even without booze! So, after I get the dishwasher loaded, the only other productive thing I do is brush my teeth! it's total veg out on the couch, watch tv, movies, etc., and surf MWO and play solitaire...eventually, I may branch out and be more productive, but maybe not... I really treasure my newfound clarity of thought, among other things. FF
      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I tend to veg in the evenings as well. I really haven't varied my routine that much from when I was drinking every night, except I'm not drinking every night, lol.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
        X