ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Believe it or not when I use to drink liquor, I would often get a burst of energy and get a lot done (probably not done well though, lot of lousy dinners and half done loads of laundry) Anyway, I have been eating real healthy and working out but just feel drained at the thought of any major chores, cleaning an entire bathroom, doing the floors, cleaning out pantry, fridge, closets etc.

I take a B vitamin and do those 5 hour energy shots every now and then but just cant seem to tackle any projects....

I don't think I am lazy and my day is pretty full from morning to bed with maybe 2 hours max a day of relaxation.....

Any suggestions on supplements or maybe just organizing my time, or maybe some sort of reward system or schedule or some way to be accountable.....

Thanks for listening and any all suggestions are welcome...... Weekend is coming and I am ambitious about getting some things done but it is almost like when I use to drink liquor I would be ambitious all morning about QUITTING or NEVER AGAIN but then by the end of the day that ambition was gone.... I know I conquered that with help and advice from all of you now maybe you can help me get some SHIT DONE

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

I don't really have any suggestions, but I see you saying you're getting up at 3 am every day, or some crazy hour? No wonder you don't have any energy!! How about getting some rest this weekend.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

hi vliven,im the same way! booze makes most people tired,but i can clean my whole house,grocery shop,etc.im glad you asked that question,cuz my energy is lagging too,hopefully somebodys got some ideas,anyone?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

V and paulywogg:
        I'm the same too! Booze gave me energy. Now I drink caffeine... Other than keeping me up, it does nothing for my energy. So sorry. No answer. That's why I'm still in bed at 3 pm (not having to work today).
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Hmm... got to say i'm finding the same here also. I do find that taking my supps does help - at least until the end of the working day. However if i don't take them then by late morning i'm knackered and slow...

Are peeps eating enough? Booze has a lotta sugar in it and I'd have no problem drinking pretty heavy at night and then running 10+miles the following morning. Bonkers I know. Anyway, with not taking that sugar in, are we sure we are getting the basic calorific energy we need? Just a thought...

It may also just be a matter of time... interested to hear what long term abbers haveto say.

I am considering whether to pop and see the GP. My dear mother had/has low iron (not sure if she was anemic...? i'm not up with medicine too much), so had to take sups for that. Will ask her, but she'll be knackered right having just flown back from NZ!

RC

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Ok we'll if nothing else I know I'm not alone.....

LG you may be right I get an average of hours sleep a night and try n get a 30m power nap a few days a week..... I was amazed at burst if energy I got to clean before pup came so I don't have a ton to do this weekend.....

I plan to get all chores and errands done today and Saturday and let Sunday be a guilt free day of rest.....

I'll let ya all know....
            And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

I too am suffering chronic fatigue, physical not mental. I take all sorts of supplements and have no problems resisting the booze but feel physically weighed down at the thought of housework, gardening, decorating etc. Even my work, which I love, is currently on a 'must do' basis.

WIERD. Tried googling but nothing sticks out.

It is very annoying as I want to do good positive stuff but am too worn out. Yet when drinking had loads of energy, even if I broke things and fell off ladders whilst drunk.

Ho hum ......what to do.....

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

I didn't mean to sound dismissive or god forbid, glib, V. I am serious that you probably are trying to do too much around the clock. However, I do understand the fatigue that you are experiencing, because I feel it too. Booze gives me a burst of energy too, but I never used it to do anything productive like some people here have said they did, lol. I always did chores sober (wow, if I had known! ). I am finding that I have more energy at work, most days, but on the weekends I just can't get motivated to do all that needs to be done (not to mention my "partner" who doesn't "see" that anything needs to be done). So, I feel your pain, but again, no advice. I'll be checking this thread for pointers.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Was it because the booze numbed us to some of the unpleasant parts of the big cleaning projects...being able to toss old magazines, for example, rather than saving them "to reread that great article again?" Or was it the little sip for a reward, each step of the way? Maybe it was only for projects that I really disliked doing...but, certainly feel/know needed to be done.
                  Once you guys have the answer figured out, please let me know...my housekeeping needs help...FFP
                  . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

These posts are echoing my "condition". I, too, am overwhelmed by housework and the fact that my housekeeping is lacking is depressing me, but I only clean up when I'm expecting company. The fact that my future is insecure, recovering from a foot reconstruction and still in pain probably has something to do with it.

I was more apt to tackle cleaning when I was on hydrocodone post-surgery, just felt like cleaning and being up and at em. Sadly, those days are over. I also procrastinate and starting tomorrow (see?) I plan on tackling just one job instead of wishing I could do everything at once.

It will start with the living room. I haven't had alcohol in about a year, so not sure what the problem is. I identify the state of my home with my self-respect, so it's about time I got with the program.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

I am overwhelmed by the cleaning that needs to be done here. My bf sits on his arse all day playing games or sleeping, while I work. Sometimes he does a little work on ebay and thinks it's his due to spend every dime we have in the bank (I have in the bank!). I have columns in the front of my house that are peeling and need to be painted, and my back door from my bedroom on the outside is rotting at the frame...I suspect termites! Bf is unconcerned. Meanwhile, all the crap he collects for his ebay "business" pollutes the majority of my home...two extra rooms are uninhabitable. My "dream" home as this was supposed to be, when I designed and had it built, is for shit now.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

awww LG, I'll bet my house is more shit than yours. We bought an old 1960s place that wasn't kept up that well and DH refuses to be part of fixing it up and decorating it. I have to do it all myself and it's so frustrating because it takes me forever to get stuff done in my free time. There's been times I've been in tears because the work was just physically beyond me, that's about the only time he helps is if I have a breakdown over something, if I ask for help usually he just says "why can't you do that?" I think by the time I'm 100 it might just be all done. I know what you mean though, men can be such asses some times :l

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

DG, LG:

I'm forming a plan as I'm reading your posts and thinking about our men.

My husband always says I nag him too much about chores he needs to do. But I feel like he should just want to get them done without having me nag him: As he never hears me nag him about us not having sex because he automatically wants to do it.

So the next time he wants sex, I'll say nicely, "of course, honey, but do you mind first put up the picture for me on the wall?" Soon all chores will be done and Maybe he will also learn the association between sex and doing a chore.
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

drinkingal;1404832 wrote: awww LG, I'll bet my house is more shit than yours. We bought an old 1960s place that wasn't kept up that well and DH refuses to be part of fixing it up and decorating it. I have to do it all myself and it's so frustrating because it takes me forever to get stuff done in my free time. There's been times I've been in tears because the work was just physically beyond me, that's about the only time he helps is if I have a breakdown over something, if I ask for help usually he just says "why can't you do that?" I think by the time I'm 100 it might just be all done. I know what you mean though, men can be such asses some times :l
                            LG and DG ....... Do we have something of worth here. I drank back my anger at doing too much. Now I am sober I am far more aware that I am sick of wearing my knickers over my tights so to speak.

Perhaps what we are feeling is not fatigue but normality ......?

Comment

ENERGY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

kuya;1404851 wrote: LG and DG ....... Do we have something of worth here. I drank back my anger at doing too much. Now I am sober I am far more aware that I am sick of wearing my knickers over my tights so to speak.

Perhaps what we are feeling is not fatigue but normality ......?
                              I know that one reason I drank heavily was from feeling overwhelmed a lot of the time and it was just easier to say feck it, what's the point, I'm going to get drunk. But yeah I'm trying to turn my thinking around too and just accept that if things fall behind, then so be it, it's not like I'm not used to it :H but I'm just trying to cut myself some slack and just do what I can do today and worry about everything else later.

Comment

Working...
                              X