December Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

Wow, looks like we'll all taken a runner. Nine days into December and no one has started a thread? Here's an update on me:

Nothing new to report.:H:H Pretty much true, lol. I'm still modding successfully and find that I rarely drink more than I intend. I've been sick this past week with a bad viral/cold infection and missed work all week. Will be a shock to go back tomorrow, lol. Still dieting, more or less successfully. Gonna stick with it, regardless and maybe make it through the holidays without gaining at least.

How's everyone doing? I've missed you all.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

December Mod Squad

Hi LG!

Sorry you've been sick...it is so easy to take good health for granted when all is going smoothly.

My husband has a new job...his third career! Hard to believe, for a fellow who has very few moving parts...but he was getting bored with tennis, so a new activity is a good thing...playing hours of video games a day was getting boring too, he says.

This means we will spend less time in FL...nice to have more time with family here, and Florida will always be there, waiting for us...(unless global warming happens faster than expected! LOL)

Modding continues to go well for me...I really like Eve's comments on another thread about being a "restrained" drinker, as I feel that describes me pretty well. Hunger is still a definite trigger...oh well!

So, happy December to us all...hope your return to the salt mines isn't too onerous, LG! FFP
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi modders
      didn't do so well today - boredom seems to be a trigger. still, i had a few good days, so am feeling pretty hopeful. tomorrow i am going to load up with supps and have another good day.
      hope you had a restful time off, LG! Farfalle, Florida? Just like TMH. Sounds sooo nice!
      You both sound like you are doing well, good to hear!
      night all!
      L

Comment

December Mod Squad

LibraryGirl;1424349 wrote: Wow, looks like we'll all taken a runner. Nine days into December and no one has started a thread? How's everyone doing? I've missed you
        Hey LG,

We did start a December thread, just didn't give it December Mod title but December:Remember: Everything in moderation. You were the last one to post on it even...:H
        So we have two now, that's ok! Will maybe make us post more!
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi, All,

I've been to Wichita and back, had a very hectic four days. Wasn't as good a modder while out there with the work folks. I didn't get drop-down drunk or do anything embarassing, and definitely drank less than most of my colleagues, but did drink 3 of 4 nights I was there. I think part of it was the "no kids, no worries" feeling, but I also have noticed that I've had more cravings since coming home. I note the cravings and simply choose not to give in.

Work is trudging along. They keep piling up the additional activities and requirements, such as creating new demo scripts, writing them up and turning them in for peer review, etc. We'll all be happy if sales are better in 2013. If something doesn't change, I'll be looking for a new job, though, because there's way too much effort for too little results here. I'm glad I have a few more days off and this is the last week of the year I work 5 days. I'm taking time off for Christmas and the move.

The move seems to be progressing, though we'll breathe easier when our buyers get their commitment letter. We've got ours, contingent upon our sale going through, of course. Going to be moving the weekend after Christmas. Our closing on the purchase side is the 28th, and we're going to have moving company move the furniture and boxes, we'll take things like lights, electronics, etc. Don't have to be out of our condo (even though we close the 17th) until Jan 1st, so it should be a good weekend to get cleaned out of the condo and settled to host and open house on New Year's Day.

I'll try to check in more often, but know I'm thinking of you all and just plain old busy!

D
          Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
          When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hey D,

I can relate with the drinking more, especially this time of the year. I had a week-end of Christams parties and maxed each night (3 drinks each night) so even went over my weekly consumption as I like to have no more than 7 and had 9. Now this week are 2 week day night parties where drinking will be done. I am considering not attending either one and just focusing on my family and getting things done around the house. Can just be too many temptations and sometimes it's better to just not attend.

I love moving into a new place and setting it up but definitely hate packing and moving from the old one. You will be busy. Wish you all of the best.

Hello to everyone else. Hang in there and hang here if you need more support. Tough time of year.

:l
            Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi all, good see this thread going again.

I'm still struggling w the word modding as I had discussed w eve in the past. But I just really try to abstain and I notice I give in to drink socially because I don't want my friends to feel they are the only ones drinking. And when I do drink it's just 1-2 drinks. I don't really want it any more. Don't drink at home. My husband still drinks so he has beers and wines at home but I don't even touch them. L glutamine is what I crave these days. It helps me get going.

I've had 2 tragedies last week that really reduced my appetite to drink or eat. Very depressed. Went to see a psychiatrist who made me feel better. Church on Sunday made me feel better too.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Btw: so glad to hear success stories on modding here, so for the naysayers and nonbelievers, hope they can be more open minded! That though it's not for everyone, it is ok for some because everyone is different!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi again All. I did see that other thread, Eve, but thought it was just a thread about modding in Dec. for the holidays, lol. Anyway, I just thought I'd share this with you all. I am not drinking very much at all these days. Even when I want to, lol. I couldn't finish a mixed drink I made last night, or the night before and had to throw out part of a bottle of wine I had put up from last week because it turned to vinegar! Then I found another half bottle of wine in the fridge I had bought two weeks ago and never finished. This is not how I usually operate, lol. It's a bit puzzling, but great nonetheless.

I hope everyone is having a great hoiday season.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi all
                    LG, i know, two threads are going. Ally, I too like to hear success stories. What is the key to all your successes? And, LG, finding old not empty bottles is wonderful.
                    Well, I drank wayyy too much Friday. Saturday I dosed up on L-Glut, I had 6 grams I think. Six little scoops throughout the day. And same yesterday. It really works, for me way better than Kudzu, which is good too.
                    Puzzling, indeed!
                    I got a Christmas tree last night, we will decorate today. Lovely to smell the pine!
                    Happy Sunday, modders! And...check in more!
                    L

Comment

December Mod Squad

LibraryGirl;1427791 wrote: Hi again All. I did see that other thread, Eve, but thought it was just a thread about modding in Dec. for the holidays, lol.
                      LG,
                      That's ok. That's what I get for trying to come up with a creative name. Actually, a few years ago we all would put a lot of thought into creative names for each month, e.g. NOvember not just November, etc. However, some posters felt pressure to come up with something new and fun and had anxiety about that so I think it's just best to name it as it is , the ____mod squad (fill in the month) and leave it at that so it's clear and consise. Creative thoughts can always be posted on the title of the post and not on the thread. We live and learn!

Happy Holidays to all. Keep working the program as this is a tempting time of the year.
                      :l
                      Eve11

Comment

December Mod Squad

Holidays are tough as we all know and my depression has kicked in, so it's making it a little rougher for me than usual. I usually don't have problems around the holidays, not even with the divorce. Last few weeks have been interesting, and alcohol brought one thing to ahead in a way I didn't want it too, but it had been brewing for way too long, than in an odd way, it may have been a little good...so I failed modding a few days, actually, really only one...I've been avoiding holday parties for the most part, I didn't even go to my own firm's party, but things with my peculiar relationship were coming to an impass....

I was starting to get real frustrated and resentful with the situation I was in with my gf, which you all know, her leaving or not leaving her husband....having to "pretend" to be her friend in front of people she knew, after a few glasses of wine or beer, I'd usually say or text something a little testy too her. This all came to blows (not literally) in front of my parents where I had way to much drink...I didn't even remember most of what happened, my parents had to tell me, and, after the whole shock of it, it wasn't really that bad...all I did was call her out on her "cheeky" put downs on where she thinks I am from, which I'm not, it's where my parents and other family is from, and then the icing on the cake was during a political rant I apparently said, "she never has to worry about social secutity she has a husband..." I thought it was much worse, but I was having bad alcohol withdrawl and depression the next day...I was breaking all my rules as to what I was drinking and the amount, things were obviously bothering me..so the positive out of this...

After my parents, moreso my dad, talking to me like I'm a teenager again, and potentially an "alcoholic" which I know I'm not, I gave them all the details as to what I had been putting up with the past few months and they were surprised I didn't explode sooner. That Saturday, my therapist was kind of enough to see me and she really helped. My dad's answer was to simply, "don't drink" my therapist said, and she was right, that is not going to solve your problems, it will probably help you to not do anything stupid, but you'll still be miserable.....So, and I know some of you were hoping this would happen, I'm a little different...I had a little talk with XXXXXX.

I told her this situation is toxic, we, as people are not, this situation is...it is now proven to be very detrimental to both my physical and mental health and it cannot go on like this anymore...what do you want to do? You know what I want...

She claims she's still confused and not sure, so I told her, well, you better take some time to figure you're sh@# out...I might be here, I might not....

I'm not happy about the whole thing, but I do feel a lot better about it...anyway...

Comment

December Mod Squad

Stewarts, I'm glad you are trying to sort it out. I know about toxic relationships, as I've had a few. It will sort itself out eventually, with or without your consent, but it's good to feel in control and to make the decision yourself. I can't really offer advice or words of wisdom as I am also trying to figure things out for myself. I wish you and I the best of luck in the new year to a better life and relationship, either with others or just ourselves!:l

ETA: I am not as immune as I thought to AL. I have had about 3 small drinks tonight, and 2 last night, so I'm seemingly making up for all the abstinence. Need to get back here to report on AF days, as it keeps me accountable.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

December Mod Squad

LG, thanks, I'll be okay, in control is the best way to put it, as you did. That Limbo period was getting old real fast and I was pretty clear with what I wanted. Funny thing, she pretty much contacts me ALL the time. Right now, she is away in Europe, but I guarantee the minute she comes back and sees me on a GChat I am going to get a message. I gnored her last one, she asked me to be careful during my hockey game, as she is going on a plane, with her husband, to Ireland; as I said, I ignored her.

Yes, it will all sort itself out, for better or for worse, or for....indifference. It also gives me a lot to think about as well.

On the AL front....I skipped my company's Xmas party because they tend to be sh@# shows, with wild encouragement of AL, which I find odd in this day in age, it's asking for a lawsuit.

Back to the relevant topic of these boards...alcohol, the situation was definitely getting me to drink more, very sneakily...I wasn't planning on drinking past my mod limit, and I usually woulnd't go that much past it (except that one night), but I would start feeling sorry for myself, or I'd be resentful because we'd be out somewhere and we'd have to pretend to be just "friends", and I would have some snide comments. I even told her, I knew what it was and where it was stemming from and that we should both watch what we drink considering the situation, but she was almost fueling it, or encouraging more booze...kind of messed up, when I would specifically tell her, "I don't want to be drinking in this mental state and/or situation we have."

So, with that said, it may have been good that things came to ahead like this, because the next time, and there would've been next time, would've been worse. And if I played this out and it didn''t go my way, it would've got REAL ugly in the end!

Comment

Working...
                            X