af day 6 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day 6 March

morning all..got to be a wee bit quick....got to drop madam off at work then off to the docs at 9!!!how are you all? weather over here is pretty iffy..wont be doing tooo much in the garden today!!Coffee n tea anyone?

Yep you are fright blondie ..its called value for money!!!and guess what put on a minimal amount of weight too!Fasting day today

Hiya SL..well done for not drinking ...hope it all turns out ok for you..sounds like you were pretty much frustrated by the "drama queens "yesterday!!

Hiya kuya...well theres an idea..setting up a rest home for world wide travellers!!!!You ok? hope so .My daughter was talking about going out to either NZ or Dubai for a while when she qualifies..not really a great difference!!!

Hiya Cantoo ..love the avatar..take it thats you jumping about in the snow?

Hi ppqp ..hows the cold? hope its getting better ...before you even think about going gallivantin off round the world!!:H

Mornin Lav ..quick coffee hope all is ok with you today..any plans? have a good one

Evenin tt all ok with you?

right folks offski ..speak to you all later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day 6 March

This is a hi/bye quickie - just been too busy today to start the thread or to say much. I am great apart from that - although my eyeballs feel like they are going to jump out of my head (from screen work and reading).
    Afraid NZ would be too expensive for Kuya to start a retirement home for Reformed Lushes!

Have a great Sober Wednesday all to come and check in - I need some shut-eye - or at least new eyes!

Comment

af day 6 March

MAE Abbers,

Not much to report today, hand still a bit stiff but OK to work.

How long are you coming back for Blondie? Shame you can't come before the wet and coldish weather sets in.
      We are officially in drought now so food prices will rocket. But was the best summer ever so ain't complaining.

Orf for a wander......

Laters

KY

Hi Molly, just saw your post, how's the waterworks ?

Comment

af day 6 March

Mick - hope all went well with doc.
        :hiya: Molly - nice to see you here!
        TT - some cucumber slices on your eyes, perhaps?!
        Kuya - How's the Rottie? MiL's birthday is in August, so we spend a few days there. I love NZ but these visits get me a bit stressed!! Don't mind the cold/wet there.

Beautiful sunset here; guess that means it's time for me to retire for the evening

Lav and others in that area - just saw the snowstorm on the news. Yikes. Stay safe.

Comment

af day 6 March

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Cold getting much better, knock wood, I said that once already and it came back with a vengence. Yup got to get it sorted before CanToo and I move in with KY.

Molls...morning, how are you? Keep seeing references to "water works" but couldn't find the related post. Will assume all is sorted or I'd be seeing more. Independemce Day and Epiphany, you're right, how appropriate.

TT...hope you get a good night's sleep. Everyone seems to be very busy these days.

KY...
          I think it would be neat if CanToo (love your new avatar BTW) and I came for a visit. Wouldn't feel so jealous about the Army's Meetup in April. Glad the hand is feeling better, stiffness should subside soon I think.

Blondie...
          why couldn't I have thought of cucumbers for my burning eyes. I can feel the relief just thinking about it.

SL...
          don't get me started on lawyers! Another hickup in the plans yesterday but not even going there. I was thinking maybe I could find a lawyer or two on the boards and hit them up for free advice. Would probably get the thread closed. Tell you one thing, the lawyer issues have sure been a test of my sobriety commitment. Remember to breathe. :l

More snow predicted today, but just a skiff. Sounds like a repeat of last Sunday this Sunday but I'm only dealing with today. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day 6 March

Starting to get a complex here....everytime I post everyone else stops

Here's my morning chuckle (as Mick's a little busy this morning).

Comment

af day 6 March

Good morning Abbers!

Yep PQ, got some of that snow on the way here today even though I didn't order any :H

I think I've caught Mick's man flu - my head feels like it wants to explode this morning, yuck.
              I shall consume gallons of coffee & tea today as my appetite has disappeared.

Greetings TT, Mick, blondie, PQ, kuya, Molly & everyone. Hope you all have a marvelous AF Hump day.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day 6 March

affers all..thats me back..eventually got to see the doctor....was 4 mins late because of a traffic jam..and then stood in a queue while the receptionist yapped to someone for ages..to be then told that my appt was cancelled because I was 10 mins late!!!!..She then told me I could have an appt "sometime" next week..put an official complaint in to the health authority..got a phone call..appt at 11 today...practice manager and doctor both very apologetic..think the witch got her arse kicked..hopefully banished to a practice in Siberia,though I have nothing against Siberians! :H:H.Got to go for an op ..dtbf..as long as it doesnt interfere with hols!!Weather poor so cant get intro the garden...daughter is here..so Jeremy Kyle,Springer and every other crap programme is getting an airing!!!!
                Heres todays jokes wot I missed earlier..and another brew!!

This blonde decides one day that she is sick and tired of all the blonde jokes and how all blondes are perceived as stupid, so she decides to show her husband that blondes really are smart.
                While her husband is off at work, she decides that she is going to paint a couple of rooms in the house.
                The next day, right after her husband leaves for work, she gets down to the task at hand.
                Her husband arrives home at 5:30 and detects the distinctive smell of paint. He walks into the living room and finds his wife lying on the floor in a pool of sweat.
                He notices that she is wearing a ski jacket and a fur coat at the same time. He goes over and asks her if she is OK.
                She replies, ?Yes.?
                He asks what she is doing.
                She replies that she wanted to prove to him that not all blonde women are dumb and she wanted to do it by painting the house.
                He then asks her why she has on a ski jacket and a fur coat.
                She replies that she was reading the directions on the paint can and they said, ?For best results, put on two coats.?

Two married buddies are out drinking one night when one turns to the other and says, ?You know, I don?t know what else to do Whenever I go home after we?ve been out drinking, I turn the headlights off before I get to the driveway. I shut off the engine and coast into the garage. I take my shoes off before I go into the house, I sneak up the stairs, I get undressed in the bathroom. I ease into bed and my wife STILL wakes up and yells at me for staying out so late!?
                His buddy looks at him and says, ?Well, you?re obviously taking the wrong approach. I screech into the driveway, slam the door, storm up the steps, throw my shoes into the closet, jump into bed, slap her on the butt and say, ?You as horny as I am?? ? and she always acts like she?s sound asleep!?

Little Johnny came running into the house and asked, ?Mommy, can little girls have babies??
                ?No,? said his mom, ?of course not.?
                Little Johnny then ran back outside and his mom heard him yell to his friends, ?It?s okay, we can play that game again!?

One day Little Johnny?s mom was cleaning his room. In the closet, she found a bondage S&M magazine. This was highly upsetting to her. She hid the magazine until his father got home. When Little Johnny?s father walked in the door, she irately handed the magazine to him, and said, ?THIS is what I found in your son?s closet.?
                He looked at it and handed it back to her without a word.
                Several minutes passed, then she finally asked him,
                ?Well what should we do about this??
                Little Johnny?s dad looked at her and said, ?Well I don?t think we should spank him.?

History of Resolutions

RESOLUTION #1:
                1999: I will read at least 20 good books a year.
                2000: I will read at least 10 books a year.
                2001: I will read 5 books a year.
                2002: I will finish The Pelican Brief
                2003: I will read some articles in the newspaper this year.
                2004: I will read at least one article this year.
                2005: I will try and finish the comics section this year.
                RESOLUTION #2:
                1999: I will get my weight down below 180.
                2000: I will watch my calories until I get below 190.
                2001: I will follow my new diet religiously until I get below 200.
                2002: I will try to develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
                2003: I will work out 5 days a week.
                2004: I will work out 3 days a week.
                2005: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.
                RESOLUTION #3:
                1999: I will not spend my money frivolously.
                2000: I will pay off my bank loan promptly.
                2001: I will pay off my bank loans promptly.
                2002: I will begin making a strong effort to be out of debt by 1999.
                2003: I will be totally out of debt by 2000.
                2004: I will try to pay off the debt interest by 2001.
                2005: I will try to be out of the country by 2006.
                RESOLUTION #4:
                2002: I will try to be a better husband to Marge.
                2003: I will not leave Marge.
                2004: I will try for a reconciliation with Marge.
                2005: I will try to be a better husband to Wanda.
                RESOLUTION #5:
                2002: I will stop looking at other women.
                2003: I will not get involved with Wanda.
                2004: I will not let Wanda pressure me into another marriage.
                2005: I will stop looking at other women.
                RESOLUTION #6:
                2002: I will not let my boss push me around.
                2003: I will not let my sadistic boss drive me to the point of suicide.
                2004: I will stick up for my rights when my boss bullies me.
                2005: I will tell Dr. Hodger and the group about my boss.
                RESOLUTION #7:
                2002: I will not get upset when Charlie makes jokes about my baldness.
                2003: I will not get annoyed when Charlie kids me about my toupee.
                2004: I will not get angry when Charle tells the guys I wear a girdle.
                2005: I will not speak to Charlie.
                RESOLUTION #8:
                2002: I will not take a drink before 5:00 p.m.
                2003: I will not touch the bottle before noon.
                2004: I will not become a ?problem drinker?.
                2005: I will not miss any AA meetings.
                RESOLUTION #9:
                2002: I will see my dentist this year.
                2003: I will have my cavities filled this year.
                2004: I will have my root canal work done this year.
                2005: I will get rid of my denture breath this year.
                RESOLUTION #10:
                2002: I will go to church every Sunday.
                2003: I will go to church as often as possible.
                2004: I will set aside time each day for prayer and meditation.
                2005: I will try to catch the late night sermonette on TV.

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100% The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, ?Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.?
                The gentleman replied, ?Oh, I haven?t told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I?ve changed my will three times!?

A guy was driving when a policeman pulled him over. He rolled down his window and said to the officer, ?Is there a problem, Officer??
                ?No problem at all. I just observed your safe driving and am pleased to award you a $5,000 Safe Driver Award. Congratulations. What do you think you?re going to do with the money??
                He thought for a minute and said, ?Well, I guess I?ll go get that drivers? license.?
                The lady sitting in the passenger seat said to the policeman, ?Oh, don?t pay attention to him ? he?s a smartass when he?s drunk and stoned.?
                The guy from the back seat said, ?I TOLD you guys we wouldn?t get far in a stolen car!?
                At that moment, there was a knock from the trunk and a muffled voice said, ?Are we over the border yet??

A man goes to a restaurant and orders a chicken dish. By the time the food is ready and he is about to eat, the waiter comes back and says, ?Sir, I?m afraid there has been a mistake. You see that police officer who is sitting at the next table is a regular customer of ours and he usually orders the same dish.
                The problem with this is that this is the last chicken in the house. I?m afraid I?ll have to take this dish to him and arrange for another dish for you!?
                The guy gets really upset and refuses to give up his food. The waiter walks over to the other table and explains the situation to the officer.
                A few minutes later the officer walks over to the man?s table and says, ?Listen up, pal. That is MY chicken you are about to eat and I?ll warn you whatever you do to that chicken I?ll do the same to you. You pull out one of its legs, I?ll pull out one of yours. You break one of its wings, I?ll break one of your arms!?
                The man calmly looks at the chicken, then sticks his middle finger in the bird?s rectum pulls it out and licks it. He then gets up, drops his pants, bends over and says, ?Your turn!?

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common.
                They should both be changed regularly; and for the same reason
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day 6 March

Hi Abbers!
                  Not much to report except that I have been feeling much more at peace this week. Last week, as I was approaching 30 days I was getting so anxious. I'm starting to realize I might can make a go of this long term sober thing :-)

PPQ-Funny pic:H

Take care everyone!

Comment

af day 6 March

One more thing! I was reading around in The Just Starting Out forum. Some of those posts really bring back memories from only a month ago. They break down the facade that drinking is glamorous. It's so easy to forget the horrible effects of drinking "one glass" of wine. I'm so thankful for this site and all the people that visit here each day.
                    That's all...Carry On!

Comment

af day 6 March

shelby..you can do it!...once your thinking changes and it sounds like it is..youre well on the way

Comment

af day 6 March

sorry to be brief, still in the middle of this legal crap with my dumbass friend. gotta get his car out of impound today. he's my roommate and got popped for sched2 narcotics which could put me in jeapardy due to my work in law enforcement. arg! so freaking stressed out.

sorry to rant.

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day 6 March

Hi everyone, quick check in.

Lav, sorry you are sick - this crazy changing weather does lots of people in.

PPQ, that comic is hysterical. I was in a meeting this week with a Brit and a Scot, and the Americans were complaining that it was cold that day. Mind you, the temperature was about 55 F, down from 70 F this weekend. The Brit was so funny, he said "Just stop it! It is not cold here." We all laughed. We do pay crazy amounts to live here; the weather is a big reason why.

I'm fine, although tons of back and shoulder pain, and like Mick, crap with the medical system. I finally will have a new GP in two weeks, and get a program in place to deal with my health issues. It sucks getting old.

Cat
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day 6 March

Hi all - daily check in.
                            PPQ, I was thinking of you when I handed over my plastic to pay the lawyer - I hope my work with them is a little smoother and more timely than yours. I have a meeting with her and my ex tomorrow at 8:30 - hope it goes according to plan. Have spent all morning collecting papers and proof etc so that we have a case - but my head feels like it will explode, and my eyes ache (to say nothing of my heart!)
                            Cat - so true, it is not that bad here, it just feels bad when I had all the windows in the house open, and now the heating is back on - the teasing hurts!!! Rain and storms today and tomorrow and back to 70"s beginning next week!
                            Just booked flight home for girls and me in June - more moolah gone so quick and easily! This will be a real trail as my parents are big drinkers - really need to get in gear for that trip, so need to get my AF time going really well so I am ready...
                            Det - your dilemma sounds really tough, hope you will get through this..
                            Hi to all....happy Hump Day...
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day 6 March

Hey Shelby, it's OK to feel a bit nervous or even confused on the start of your journey - those feelings won't kill you & serve to make you stronger Glad you have decided to stick around!

Mick, people who work in doctor's offices can absolutely make or break your day
                              So, you're having surgery? Need a nurse? :H
                              Seriously, I hope everything is OK with you

I had to leave the comfort of my couch to go watch my grandsons this afternoon, but only for an hour. The younger one was napping the whole time I was there so I got off easy.

Not interested in food - thinking about a nap!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X