af day Friday 22 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 22 March

OOPs put wrong date on today's thread - this is the right one!

MAE everyone - its really fab Friday here. Everyone recovered from the MWO network sabbatical? I was a naughty girl last night -stayed up too late and not had enough sleep but my brain is wired cos I have so much reading (for work) to do. Still have my cold as well.

Lavande - great that you grandson is on the mend. Must have been a real worry for you and his Mum and Dad. Little kids are so up and down so quickly with illness.

Mick - cute bunnies altho i have a skeptical view about such animals - as I have posted before. Saw the damage they were doing to the landscape last weekend - but your bunnies look well domesticated (I was going to say well fed!).

Pauly - don't know how you can exercise and read the screen at the same time. I hired an exercise bike years ago and almost fell asleep with boredom.

PPQP - sounds like you have a major project at hand but you will be more than capable.

LTLW - keep the upbeat attitude going and write down those plans. So important for us all. I have been thinking ahead to my flight to the UK next week and the things I have to do while there. I am not worried about drinking AL but still aim to be preemptive about such things. I was in the supermarket yesterday - and the wine just kept 'popping up' for sale - so called 'good label wine' at ridiculously low prices - even in the middle of the vege section. Didn't fool me! I was on a mission to buy NZ made Marmite to take to my family in the UK (this is a long and ridiculous story that fall under the coals to Newcastle section) - MICK - JOKE ALERT !!!!!!

Kuya - hows the fag stopping going? At least I don't have that to worry about as well cos I know from friends that it is so hard. Sounds like the gym is taking over for you in a positive way. I really need to up my exercise - not for weight loss but for strength and sanity. If I incorporate fast walking and walking up hills - it usually works for me - and I have so many lovely places around me to do this in.

Hi there Blondies, SL, SF, FF, BHOG, Det, YahYah, Turnagain - sorry I have run out of words and time - have to get the others in the house up and off to work/school - including self.

Have a Fab Friday - and for those who used to (or still do) associate it with boozing - forget that - just accept it as a day with a name called Friday. There is great stuff to do everyday now..

af day Friday 22 March

Morning Abers and happy Friday Posting on this thread as it has the right date but notice others on the other

TT - well I hope our weather is more forgiving for your visit. Could you bring a little sunshine over with you please. Desperate for it over here
    Blondie - hope the clearing out is going well
    SF - enjoy your rest

Feeling very happy I didn't cave last night - just aching all over from this week's workouts. One more to go and then some weekend rest

Wishing all a very happy Friday (may have to check in later for weekend support!)
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

morning all... eventually trogged all the ay round the boardsand found this thread...after starting on the other one...and losing it ...both the thread and the plot!!!How are we all today? weather over here has taken a turn for the worse...winds are really battering the place and we have at the moment about 2 inches of snow and it is still falling...poor we plants havent a clue!!
      well weekend coming up ..unless there is a drastic change wont be out on Sunday.At the gym today...20 mins on the machines then an hour in the pool...Quite pleased about my fitness coming back and weight loss.....Friday night ..its curry night...home made

Tea and coffee on the go

Morning TT and how are you today?whats this sunshiney stuff you are all going on about?As for my rabbits..errr yes they are well fed and contented and no they are not domesticated..I would say more spoiled than anything else, but the way I look at it is they are getting a much better life than they did in the rescue(hopefully) Saw some marmite the other day in the shops ..with a gold label...whatever that is
      Any plans for the weekend?Yours should virtually be started now so have a good time..ps is smoking fags a politically correct phrase nowadays? :H

Affers blondie and how are you this fine day? not "seen " you for a couple of days...what have you been up to? any scandal/gossip?have a great weekend

Morning SF..well back to reality today?Glad you enjoyed the holiday..as for the confusion over my post....what I was saying was you could always use it as ac part of your strategy..every time you want a drink , then think of the holiday and try and trade it off..The end game is to use any means whatever to beat the booze,and I would try any means at all ..but we are all individuals so its whatever works

Morning Freefly..apologies for not replying to you last night..yes I watched Masterchef..strangely enough it started as a one off watch, but kind of grows on you! TBH if I had been served any of those dishes last night, wouldnt have been impressed!!
      Whats your weather like today? have you got white wipeout too?Dont know where on the south coast you are,I have relatives in Hastings,and I used to live near Andover for a time

Evenin KY...how you doing mate?yes like you getting this gym addiction..not a bad price that for your gym...mine costs me ?19 per month...should be 25 quid..but I get corporate discount..kept my membership card from the last job..so they think I am still in it..so even to the end I got summat out of them!!Did 63 lengths of the pool yesterday in just under an hour, but felt it a bit..think I will stick at 60 for a bit ...get used to it.....what are you into cardio,weights or what?Cant get a hang of the cross trainer...my co-ordination for some reason cant handle it..or maybe Im just thick!!Hows everything else going for you?

Morning Pauly..how are you/ Yes know what you mean about this site..I was kind of lost without it too...Im sure it will prompt that old chestnut again....are we swopping one addiction for another

Good morning Lav ..and how are you today?hows Grandson? is he out of hosp yet?If so Im sure he is getting plenty of granny spoiling..if not he has got that in store.Cute little rabbits arent being so cute this morning..its blowing a hooley outside and snowing..but they dont understand ..all they want is out to play and to emphasise the point they are thumping like mad!!!Going to have another cuppa heres yours too

Morning freethinker ..how are you? thats you into day 4 ..go for it

Morning ppqp ..here you go ..one coffee coming up too..yes that was the one ..junkie responses..thanks still got it in my car and everywhere else just in case I get too clever!!
      Any plans for the weekend?Get that committee elected..delegation is a wonderful tool!!!/>

Morning SL ..and how are you today?Yes I know the feeling about the sweets I have got Alpen light cereal bars 70 cals each , crisps at 86 a packet..........but would def swop for a big bag of smarties or those white milk chocolate sweets covered in hundreds and thousands..trouble is thats prob how many cals they are.
      Have a look at this website see if it helps .its the one I use for recording and getting info ..its called my fitness pal.com.Might be some use to you

Mornig Det..how are you doing mate? sound on the up..great keep it up my friend

Hi Cat...and how are you today?quick jump in that hot tub and soothe all those stresses away!!!Yep in the current climate especially would imagine its pretty tough being the book balancer! have great weekend (in the tub..but dont forget to take the wires off!!)

Right folks gotta go..got to take oh to work in the 4 wheel ..cars are struggling already and this is on for the day they reckon..take care n have a great day

These are actual newspaper headlines gathered from papers across the country.
      Queen Mary Having Bottom Scraped
      Henshaw Offers Rare Opportunity to Goose Hunters
      Women?s Movement Called More Broad-Based
      Antique Stripper to Display Wares at Store
      Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
      Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
      Lawyers Give Poor Free Legal Advice
      Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
      Fund Set Up for Beating Victim?s Kin

Killer Sentenced to Die for Second Time in 10 Years
      Cancer Society Honors Marlboro Man
      Nicaragua Sets Goal to Wipe Out Literacy
      Autos Killing 110 a Day?Let?s Resolve to Do Better
      20-Year Friendship Ends at Altar
      War Dims Hope For Peace
      If Strike Isn?t Settled Quickly, It May Last A While
      Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
      Half of U.S. High Schools Require Some Study for Graduation
      Blind Woman Gets New Kidney from Dad She Hasn?t Seen in Years
      On behalf of Barbara Rutledge and her family, our sincere thanks go out to those sending flowers, cards and contributing to the death of her husband.
      The airplane was only a few feet from the ground when it crashed, witnesses said.
      With the exception of victimless crimes (which need not concern us here), every single crime committed in this nation of ours involves a victim.
      A purple lady?s bicycle was missing from Serendipity Lane recently.
      Chairman Billings asked Board members to muster support from parent-teacher groups to support the governor?s task force on driving while intoxicated.
      He hasn?t even had his day in court yet, but Simon Wynne has been kicked off the ESU basketball team after being arrested and accused of driving a parked car while intoxicated.
      Montreal police don?t hesitate to use whatever laws, regulations or persuasion they feel they need to control morality in the city and prevent it from getting a foothold.
      A college friendship that began a year ago ended in matrimony yesterday.

3 buddies die in a car crash, they go to heaven to an orientation. They are all asked, ?When you are in your casket and friends and family are mourning upon you, what would you like to hear them say about you?
      The first guy says, ?I would like to hear them say that I was a great doctor of my time, and a great family man.?
      The second guy says, ?I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and school teacher which made a huge difference in our children of tomorrow.?
      The last guy replies, ?I would like to hear them say? LOOK, HE?S MOVING!!!?

A litle old Amish lady is trotting down the road in her horse and buggy when she is pulled over by a cop.
      ?Ma?am, I?m not going to ticket you, but I do have to issue you a warning. You have a broken reflector on your buggy.?
      ?Oh, I?ll let my husband Jacob know as soon as I get home,? said the little old Amish lady.
      ?That?s fine,? said the officer.
      ?Another thing, ma?am. I don?t like the way that one rein loops across the horse?s back and around one of his testicles. I consider that animal abuse. That?s cruelty to animals. Have your husband take care of that right away!?
      Later that day, the little old Amish lady is home telling her husband about her encounter with the cop.
      ?Well, what exactly did he say?? said the husband.
      ?He said the reflector is broken.?
      ?I can fix that in two minutes. What else??
      ?I?m not sure,? said the little old Amish lady, ?something about the emergency brake?.?

A young journalism graduate from Arkansas had gone to work for the New York Times. His first assignment was to write a brief human interest story. An idea came to him and he returned to one of the most remote areas he knew of in his home state of Arkansas.
      Deep in the woods, he came upon a farmers house and decided this would be a good place to start.
      He introduced himself to the back country farmer and explained why he was there. The farmer (named Farmer Mahon) agreed to answer his questions.
      The reporter asked the farmer what event in his life had made him the happiest?
      Farmer Mahon replied, ?One time a neighbor lost one of his sheep. We all formed a posse and found it. After we all screwed it we took it back to the farmer that lost it.?
      ?I can?t print that,? said the reporter, ?Is there another event that made you really happy?? Farmer Mahon thought for a minute and said, ?Yep. One time the daughter of another local farmer got lost. She was a good-lookin? young girl. We all formed a posse and found her. After all of us screwed her, we took her back to her daddy.?
      Again the reporter knew he couldn?t print the story and decided to take a different tack. He asked Farmer Mahon, ?Is there any event in your life that has made you really sad??
      Farmer Mahon hung his head and replied, ?Well, I got lost once.?

Long ago lived a seaman named Captain Bravo. He was a manly man?s man who showed no fear in facing his enemies.
      One day, while sailing the seven seas, a lookout spotted a pirate ship and the crew became frantic. Captain Bravo bellowed, ?Bring me my red shirt.?
      The First Mate quickly retrieved the Captain?s red shirt and, while wearing the bright frock, he led his mates into battle and defeated the pirates. Later on, the lookout spotted not one, but two pirate ships. The captain again howled for his red shirt and once again vanquished the pirates. That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting the day?s triumphs and one of the them asked the captain: ?Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle??
      The captain replied: ?If I am wounded in the attack, the shirt will not show my blood, and thus, you men will continue to resist, unafraid.? All of the men sat in silence and marveled at the courage of such a manly man?s man.
      As dawn came the next morning, the lookout once again spotted not one, not two, but TEN pirate ships approaching. The rank and file all stared in worshipful silence at the captain and waited for his usual reply. Captain Bravo gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his mighty sailing ship and, without fear, turned, and calmly shouted: ?Get me my brown pants.?

A blonde goes to a sales man to buy a TV, ?I want that TV? the man replies, ?sorry, I don?t sell to blondes.
      She went home, died her hair red and went back to the sales man, ?I want this TV,? ?again, ?Sorry, I don?t sell to blondes?
      Frustrated, she went home, shaved bold and went again ? I want this TV!!!? agian, ?sorry I dont sell to blondes?.
      The blonde screams out? HOW THE HELL DO U KNOW I?M BLONDE!?!? he replies, ?Caues thats not a TV, it?s a microwave!?

What has four legs and an arm?
      A Happy Pit Bull
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

:hiya: Mick - been "missing" you too! Have you been on the run from the law with all your moving about?:H:H Very impressed with your fitness and weight loss. I've decided to not bother about bothering about it for a wee while! Watched Victor Meldrew last night

FF - you tpo with all the exercise - impressive (though I think it's just to keep you lot warm!!) Clearing/packing going slowly but I hope to have it all done this weekend and get removalists in next week for the big stuff.

Lav - anyy special requests from Down Under to bring to your party?!:H

Just had our Friday night pizza (home made)

Have a fun day everyone...

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

MAE Abbers......I only saw this thread.....what did I miss?

Nice cruisey day today

Summer defo ending so good thing I joined the gym cos swimming my be over :upset:

TT ............I reckon it must be different for everyone but I am finding fags easier to quit than alcohol. I accept that I will have to be vigilant for a few months but there is no daily witching hour and I don't find any difference when I am tired or hungry.
          I think quitting cold turkey gets the nicotine out of your system fast, and I am using Kudzu which seems to really calm everything. I don't find stress a trigger which is odd.
          I think that smoking has many more triggers than drinking so it can be tiring saying NO so many times in a day but there is no buzz to smoking so nothing really to miss.

Just like drinking I think I am going to regret not trying harder to quit sooner.......listening to received wisdom has, once again, proved a false path.

Ho hum.....at least I am here now.

Mick......trying to stick to cardio as much as possible because I muscle up too fast.....don't want to end up looking like a Russian shot putter ! :H I have got the hang of the cross trainer and really like it.....but bloody hell it is harder work than a treadmill ! Using weights but low and high reps and sets....gotta shift 20kg of lard over the next six months......before my one year AF would be awesome.

Lav.....glad the baby is better

Well have an awesome day my friends......laters

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Good morning Abbers

Just a quick hello & wishes for a terrific AF Friday for one & all.
            I'm off to go visit with my grandson & see what's going on with him. I really hope he will be released from the hospital this weekend

Have a great AF Friday one & all & thanks for the coffee!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

MAE abbers!

I'm glad we are all back to knowing what day it is! Just waiting for the coffee to brew here.

Lav, I'm glad your grandson is on the mend and hope he gets out of the hospital this weekend too. How is the little guy handling being in the hospital? I'm so excited for you with almost 4 years sober!

Thanks for starting the thread TT. I hope you get your reading done and also get rid of that cold.

What kind of workouts are you doing, FF? I'm glad that you didn't cave too.

You sound like you're doing great, Mick. Sorry your bunnies don't know what's best for them. I am impressed at your doing 60 laps in the pool.

Hi ya, blondie! Keep us posted about your move.

Good on you, Kuya for quitting the smokes. Are you starting to feel the real benefits yet? I hope so. I'll bet it helps worlds with your cardio workouts.

I'm glad to see that many here are into getting back in shape. I just joined a gym in my neighborhood, and have about 40 lbs to lose. It makes me tired just thinking about it. :H I want to change that, though, and I'll go in for a fitness consult in the next few days.

I have the weekend off from working on the house because I committed to hosting a dance back in January before I knew I would be doing all this work. I think I will treat myself to a somewhat lazy Friday afternoon today after I finish up work. I am happy that I haven't really had any thoughts of booze since my lapse a month ago.

Well, time to run off to shower.

Hey to Cat, SL, Det, PPQP and all.

Happy Friday.

Hugs,
              :l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Good FRIDAY morning to all! Busy day today, but about 75% of our systems are down at work! So it may be a frustrating day.
                Not much else to tell!
                BHOG
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

ugh,horrible allergies all week! the pollen is so bad you can see it on your cars and outdoor furniture its everywhere a fine green dust,i swear i never had allergies before but maybe i was to drunk/hungover to realize?anyways things are good except that,you guys have a super friday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Aloha Friday ABenators!

super busy but just read everyone and enjoyed as always. back laterish....

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

hey everyone... weird i couldn't get on here again this morning for some reason?
                      anyhow... almost 7... did fine today. kinda hungry now so best i get to the kitchen.

it is positively freezing just now.... i can hardly believe it.
                      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                      May 29: back to day 1
                      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Evening all

End of a long week and last fitness session complete. Yah, I do interval resistance training, for the most part in the freezing cold because we have zero sunshine in these parts :-(

Hi Mick, have you just watched Masterchef? Yes, last night's offerings were not so appealing but could have devoured that dessert with the lavendar bits tonight.

Anyways, hope all are well. Wishing everyone a happy weekend
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Just checking in before I head out the door again.

Everything good here and it sounds like everything's good there.

Will see you later this evening or in the morning....PPQP

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

Real quick check in - my computer died and i have a loaner, and it is SO very slow, I am struggling to get anything at all done.
                            Anyhows - it is 6:30pm, and Friday night and I shopped without buying wine, it is too windy to go back out, so will be safe tonight.
                            Det - I have read a lot of your posts in regards to food and I agree with a lot of what you say. I think I have a pretty good plan - involves only shopping round the outside of the grocery store - fresh fruit, vegetables and meat. I will get in touch if my plan lets me down - but on the track to a new and improved me - AL free and better diet, with muffin top gone. Just have to work out how to get a couple more hours in the day to find soem tiem to exercise.
                            So windy here today and a chill in the air - not the weekend weather that I was hoping for, but will make the best of it.
                            OK - thats all I can manage on this laptop - see you tomorrow...
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Friday 22 March

sounds like a good plan Scottish Lass. sorry to hear of computer woes, not fun. I also managed to make it home without the vino another day. yay!

heya Freefly, LTLW, Porquoi and other fellow evening check-ins.

fun filled Sat ahead so I'm off to the cave

be well
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X