af day Monday 25 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 25 March

MAE all. I started with a long juicy (not really!) post for today at breakfast but lost it. I may have posted it somewhere inappropriate!

This is a quick morning coffee break and I have no time to add to the titbits but to say that its a new week - weather must be improving somewhere in the world!

Catch you Happy (and Grumpy) Abbys later!

af day Monday 25 March

So if I say good morning now, can I still comment when it is morning here? LOL
    BHOG
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

BHOG;1482617 wrote: So if I say good morning now, can I still comment when it is morning here? LOL
      BHOG

You sure can BHOG

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

morning everyone,.well here we are ..mad Monday yet again!Werent too many people on here over the weekend, so I reckon everyone has been busy!Tea and coffee on the go already ..its pretty windy out there today!

Morning TT..how are things with you today? the old disappearing into the ether stunt? yep done that a few times...gets a bit frustrating doesnt it?Well things are on the up for your uk visit...its not snowing and the temp is at 0...summers on its way!!

Morning ltlw...how are you today? hows things in Den Haag? cold and windy just like the rest of the northern hemisphere I presume?how are you managing with the af?done your just in case plans? Have a great day

Hiya Lav...how are you today? Wow looked at that website of the hosp ...errmm slightly big place isnt it? Available facilities look good too.Have a cuppa my dear..4 years fr you this week isnt it?Tell me ..how would one alked granny have dealt with all these probs as opposed to the lady who did?What are yuo going to do to celebrate the 4 years? I think a wee trip down to your other house at Longwood is in order!

Aha ...Lady Godiva ..lying there on her new couch...and how are you today?Heres a coffee for you...dont spill it!!As for the boss thingy ..I would put it up..might get offended if you put his name next to it tho :H
        28TH March?same tune different words!!! Can i do the washing up? certainly will for that feed! my fav meal.Yep those pics of the snow shovelling werent so far from the truth!!!

HIYAH......aka happy feet!and how are you today?sound pretty chirpy.Glad you enjoyed the dance..what kind of dancing is it?Got images in me head of those type you see in the westerns where they are all dancing around in a barn !!!!

Morning BHOG...hows you? things keepin you busy?have a good one my friend

Morning SL...hows you today?More for less seems to sum the whole economic climate up nowadays..despite nationality.Yes you are right to keep your strength to protect the things that are closest to you.so dry those tears and have a cup o tea :l

Hi Kuya ..and how are you today?hope you are feeling a wee bit better mate.Took a trip round the boards to see what had upset you etc...all I can say is ..when I started on here, a lady called Flossie said to me that as time went by and I got more and more involved , you actually feel hurt and snubs on a personal level..at the time I didint take a lot of notice of that, but as well you know mate it is true..plus the power of print does not emotionalise issues, so what you see is what you get.As others have , I have felt hurt ,let down disappointed over the time and its only a short time ,by the words actions and deeds of others...its very seldom people say thanks for helping me, but when they do its a great feeling and makes it all worthwhile..all you can do is try and help people by relating your feelings and what you did /went through to try and help them ..after all thats what this is about..sharing and supporting.Your approach is direct, but that does not detract from the help or advice that you give out.Personally I prefer that , but not everyone does, and yes we have had our "discussions" but that does not detract from the friendship and respect that I have for you..so you stay with it.My take on it all now is...
        I came here to change my life...I have done so
        I needed to "talk" to people with the same issues without embarrassment or shame...I do so
        I made a promise to myself to help others when I got sober ..whether I have or not I dont know nor probably ever will, but I hope I have made some difference somewhere no matter how small

We can only help each other by relating our triumphs (and failures ) and how we dealt with it all..if folks want to take bits out of it all ,as we did with others, great, if not well cest la vie..at the end of today I can look back and say I didnt drink

Yes I know you are going thru hard times to mate....but stay with it..I respect you as to quite a few others Im sure

"Ergo non mole iaces!"

A young blonde woman was driving through the Florida Everglades while on vacation.
        She wanted to take home a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.
        After becoming very frustrated with the attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the young Blonde declared, ?Well then, maybe I?ll just go out and catch my own alligator and get a pair
        of shoes for free!?
        The shopkeeper said with a sly smile, ?Well little lady, why don?t you go on and give it a try??
        The blonde headed off to the swamp, determined to catch an alligator.
        Later in the day, as the shopkeeper is driving home, he spots the same young woman standing waist deep in the murky water, shotgun in hand.
        As he brings his car to a stop, he sees a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her.
        With lightning reflexes, the Blonde takes aim, shoots the creature and hauls it up onto the slippery bank.
        Nearby were 7 more dead gators, all lying belly up.
        The shopkeeper stood on the bank, watching in silent amazement.
        The blonde struggles mightily and manages to flip the gator onto its back.
        Rolling her eyes heavenward, she screams in frustration,
        ?DAMN IT this one is barefoot too!!

A lady is walking down the street to work and she sees a parrot in a pet store. The parrot says to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? Well, the lady is furious! And she storms past the store to her work. On the way home she saw the same parrot in the window and the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? Well, she was incredibly ticked now. The next day see saw the same parrot and the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? The lady was so ticked that she went into the store and said that she would sue the store and kill the bird. The store manager said, ?That?s not good.? and promised he wouldn?t say it again. When the lady walked past the store after work the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady.? She paused and said, ?Yes?? and the bird said, ?You know.?

A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and his Personal Psychic Advisor tells him: ?You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you.? The frog is thrilled, ?This is great! Will I meet her at a party?? ?No,? says his Advisor, ?in her biology class.?

Name?
        - Abdul al-Rhazib.
        - sex?
        - Three to five times a week.
        - No, no? I mean male or female?
        - Male, female, sometimes camel.
        - Holy cow!
        - Yes, cow, sheep, animals in general.
        - But isn?t that hostile?
        - Horse style, doggy style, any style!
        - Oh dear!
        - No, no! Deer run too fast.

The man approached the very beautiful woman in the large supermarket and asked, ?You know, Ive lost my wife here in the supermarket. Can you talk to me for a couple of minutes?? ?Why?? ?Because every time I talk to a beautiful woman my wife appears out of nowhere.?

Two cab drivers met.?Hey,? asked one, ?whats the idea of painting one side of your cab red and the other side blue??"Well,? the other responded, ?when I get into an accident, you should see how all the witnesses contradict each other.?

Night. A sleeping couple is lying in a bed. Door bell rings. The couple wakes up.
        Woman: ?Quick! My husband is back!?
        Man jumps out from a window. Flying down he starts to think:
        ?Shit! But I am the husband!?

?The thrill is gone from my marriage,? Brian told his best friend Mike. ?Why not add some intrigue to your life, and have an affair?? his friend suggested. ?But what if my wife finds out?? ?Heck, we are almost on the begining of the 21st centrury, Brian. Go ahead and tell her about it!? So Brian went home and said, ?Dear, I think an affair will bring us closer together.? ?Forget it,? said his wife. ?Ive tried that many times ? it never worked.?

For their 25th wedding anniversary, a man decides to take his wife on a trip to France. After two weeks touring France, they return to the airport for the trip back to America. While waiting for the plane, the wife turns to her husband and says, ?This was the most wonderful gift I could have asked for on our 25th anniversary. I cant wait to hear what you have in mind for our 50th anniversary!? Her husband leaned over, kissed her on the cheek, and said, ?Im going to come back and get you?

A nun wearing a full black habit is walking past a bar when a drunk stumbles out, sees her, and punches her in the face. Before she can scream, he lands a quick jab and finishes with an uppercut. She goes down, and the drunk starts kicking her in the sides. A few of his friends walk out of the bar, and as they pull him off the bloody nun, he yells, ?You?re not so tough, are you, Batman!?

A bum asks a man for two dollars.
        The man says, ?If I give you the money, will you just use it to buy booze??
        The bum says no.
        The man asks, ?Will you gamble it away??
        The bum says no.
        Then the man asks, ?Then will you come home with me so my wife can see what happens to a man who doesn?t drink or gamble??

A guy hears a knock at his door. When he answers it, there?s nobody there, but there?s a snail on the welcome mat. Frustrated, the guy picks up the snail and hurls it into the street.
        Five years go by, and there?s another knock at the door. The man answers it, and again there?s no one standing there, but there?s a snail on the welcome mat.
        The snail looks up and says, ?What the hell was that all about??

When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, it did some astronaut training near a Navajo Indian reservation. One day, a Navajo elder and his son came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question which his son translated. ?What are these guys in the big suits doing?? A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the moon. The old man got very excited and asked if he could send a message to the moon with the astronauts.
        Recognizing a promotional opportunity, the NASA folks found a tape recorder. After the old man recorded his message, they asked his son to translate it. He refused. They then took the tape to the reservation, where the rest of the tribe listened and laughed but refused to translate the elder?s message to the moon.
        Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. He reported that the message said, ?Watch out for these guys. They have come to steal your land.?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

SL....Just took this pic in my garden in the snow ..says it all really...despite all the crap and struggles keep going on ...and you will get through!:l

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

MAE .........quick hi and bye tonight.......heavy day.

Thanks Mick, for the pep talk. I get too bothered by stuff, forgetting that this place is just a microcosm of the real world and no better, no worse. I suppose the difference is that in my real world I have more control over who inhabits my space. Sometimes MWO feels like virtual 'school'.

Had a very active day today, smoking triggers diminishing fast. Managed a good long swim as the weather has improved again and is set to stay nice til after Easter .......yay ya

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

treetops;1482564 wrote: MAE all. I started with a long juicy (not really!) post for today at breakfast but lost it.
              the same thing keeps happening to me.
              i am off to my studio. happy busy monday to all.
              March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
              May 29: back to day 1
              June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Good morning Abbers!

Hi there TT, BHOG, Kuya, Mick & LTLW!
                Woke up to a similar snow covered scene Mick & it's still coming down like crazy - why? My chickens are not going to be happy about this :H :H

The hospital complex is quite large Mick. They offer a huge array of outpatient services as well so it is a busy place. Just happy it is only an hour's drive away from here.
                I would love to spend the day lounging around the conservatory at Longwood tomorrow - good idea Maybe my daughter & grandaughter could meet me there!

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Monday!
                PS: Kuya, I have found it best just to ignore certain individual (skunks) here on MWO. They crawl out of their holes & stink up the place when they are feeling miserable. But when you ignore them, they just go away again.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

MAE Fabbies!

We got a nice several inches of snow here. It's beautiful, and it's warm enough that the streets and highways are pretty much snow-free. My kind of snowstorm. Lav, I imagine that Stella and the crew are not happy campers, but they won't suffer long.

Definitely need some coffee here, so I'll help myself to a cuppa.

Sorry your post ran away, TT.

Morning, BHOG! Whatever day it may be.....

Hey Mick, what is poking out of the snow in your pic? I am actually into ballroom dancing, not the hoe down type! This weekend we had samba lessons--fun and VERY aerobic!

We have a great group here, so I have no real urges to wander on the rest of the boards anymore. I pretty much stay here and in subs. I've done my share of wandering and being upset by tiffs and trolls. I like our warm and cozy group.

I hope your time in your studio is happy and productive, Winter.

Anyway, I have been lazy about doing my casenotes lately, so that is my morning plan. Will also try to work in some exercise before work, as well.

Happy AF Monday, all!

Hugs,
                  :l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Lav...what are you doing?????you mention snow ..it was clearing...now its snowing here again!!!!!

Yah ..they are tulips peeking through

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

:H :H Sorry Mick!!
                      It's still snowing here too although the roads remain pretty clear. I imagine there will be some freezing tonight though, ugh.

AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

I do NOT miss snow :H:H

Is tomorrow the big day Lav ......... I feel excited for you

YAH....... Hi GF.... Only in the last few years have I disciplined myself to write notes at the time.....it reduces stress A LOT

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Ugh... Posted a question earlier & now I do not see it. Ugh. What is wrong with me?!??
                          I am doing ok Micks, thanks for asking. Mint tea is my backup plan thus far.
                          My question was about feeling depressed - is this normal ? I feel healthier but have these waves of sadness. Maybe I always felt like this but didn't recognize it because I medicated myself with wine?
                          Ugh. I have every reason to feel cheerful in fact. Is this just part of the early stages of learning to experience life again?? Anyone have a comment? Am off to sleep...
                          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                          May 29: back to day 1
                          June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Hey Winter,

I think that some depression is normal when you give up drinking. Not everyone has it, but it is like finally breaking up with a bad boyfriend (or girlfriend); you still feel a sense of loss, even though you know it is for the best. I think I also grieved for the days long gone, when I COULD drink normally. I harbor no illusions that I can ever drink normally, but I had to grieve that I could never be that person again or have an uncomplicated relationship with alcohol. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hang in there.
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

MAE ALL...

Mick...had a great sleep resulting in sleeping in. :H Haven't even read your jokes yet. :upset: The Big Garden meeting is tomorrow and then I can finally turn some of this over to others. It appears you have my snow as it's almost gone here. Above zero all week and double digits on the weekend.

KY...not sure what's happening wih you but I can guess. :l This is my posting hitch. (Get it, hitching post.) I do support Mary on the AA thread, when I have the time, and have posted on the 100 day thread occasionally, but this is home and I stick pretty close.

LTLW
                              ...your studio sounds great. How nice to have your own place to go and be creative. I also went through a depression period after being AF. I do thinks it's part of rewiring your brain and it soon passed for me. I found the more physically active I was the less the depression. Hang in there and hope you have a peaceful sleep. :h

YahYah
                              ...hope you got your case notes up to date and managed some exercise. Could you do a little extra for me please?

Lav
                              ...what a peaceful pic. I could just sit and watch that snow all day. Glad I don't have to though. You'll have to tell us how the little one does on his birthday. Going to post on tomorrow's thread as I'm going to be up and out of here early tomorrow.

:hallo: to all I haven't mentioned by name. Hope you have a peaceful evening and a great AF Tuesday for all that are there right now.....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X